Assassin’s Creed Origins

No difference from quick test now between Single 1080Ti and a pair of 1080Ti's with third Ti set to PhsyX. Infact slight performance decrease in both FPS in benchmark run and also frame times seem to be a bit more all over the place, not so much an issue with G-sync smoothing things out, but without G-Sync not as smooth as one GPU. In actual play, the FPS is slightly higher out of cities with SLI, but in cities its similar (which the benchmark run mostly uses)

Thanks bud. Still semi glad I switched to a single 1080Ti from SLI 980Ti's then.

Not just for this game obviously, a worrying trend seems to be developing for lack of SLI support. The fact that new games just aren't getting the SLI support they need just beggars belief. I have to ask, do we all think the reason is:

a) laziness?
b) incompetence?
c) conspiracy?
d) fluffy clemets?

Thanks bud. Still semi glad I switched to a single 1080Ti from SLI 980Ti's then.

Not just for this game obviously, a worrying trend seems to be developing for lack of SLI support. The fact that new games just aren't getting the SLI support they need just beggars belief. I have to ask, do we all think the reason is:

a) laziness?
b) incompetence?
c) conspiracy?
d) fluffy clemets?

Dedicating several developers with beefed up sli, three way sli and hell, maybe 4 way rigs to test for several weeks, if not longer purely to accommodate for 1% of PC gamers? It's money and resource, that's all.

Dedicating several developers with beefed up sli, three way sli and hell, maybe 4 way rigs to test for several weeks, if not longer purely to accommodate for 1% of PC gamers? It's money and resource, that's all.

I confess, I know **** all really about the technicalities of game development and SLI implementation. It just seems to me a very simple conundrum though.

Game developers and Nvida either:

a) Build SLI into ALL games as a de facto industry standard
Or
b) Don't have it for any and just abandon it

Half arsed ad hoc measures and support just confuse and frustrate the user base.

Lots of people are going 4k now for gaming, or 3440x1440 (like myself), and to get the framerates that make PC gaming worthwhile, SLI is still very much required, especially for 4K.

Last edited:
I confess, I know **** all really about the technicalities of game development and SLI implementation. It just seems to me a very simple conundrum though.

Game develops and Nvida either:

a) Build SLI into ALL games as a de facto industry standard
Or
b) Don't have it for any and just abandon it

Half arsed ad hoc measures and support just confuse and frustrate the user base.

Lots of people are going 4k now for gaming, or 3440x1440 (like myself), and to get the framerates that make PC gaming worthwhile, SLI is still very much required, especially for 4K.

It is indeed frustrating. When SLI works its amazing as can be. Recently playing witcher 3 with SLI 1080Ti's on 3440 x 1440 @ 100hz + G-Sync is some of the most amazing gameplay to date. On the other hand when SLI is not supported it sucks. I have thought similar aswell, with all these higher refresh rate panels / higher pixel count monitor's and the community showing they are happy to splash out £500+ no problem on panels, would hope that SLI / Crossfire would be better supported to drive these monitors. (Tin foil hat on) Unless Nvidia know's people may pick up an older card and SLI it rather then buy new to drive these panels :D.

But yeah, suspect the market that actually use SLI that Nvidia / devs will only dedicate limited time towards it, I had hope however, Nvidia would work on two way SLI now that they have not been bothered with supporting 3/4 way SLI going forward on 10 series +.

Andone else having problems since patch. I have installed the patch just now and it just keeps crashing. It played fine before, I have verified the files all ok.

All ok here.

Finished the main story line, I thought they wrapped it up very well.

Total time played 62 hours, 87 side missions complete, all the tombs and the star gazer circles plus a tone of looting places and killing captains etc.
I must have at least another 50 side missions to do, plus the elephants, the gladiator arena and and I haven’t touched the chariot racing yet.
Easily over 100 hours of game time.
Can’t believe I actually contemplating buying a Ubisoft season pass..

Well, my weird Memphis issue continues! Definitely no frame-rate synchronisation or anything. Double checked that options are disabled through both the game and nvidia's control panel. I can literally step outside the city boundaries and it jumps up to over 100fps. Step to the left and BOOM, down to 30-40.

Well, my weird Memphis issue continues! Definitely no frame-rate synchronisation or anything. Double checked that options are disabled through both the game and nvidia's control panel. I can literally step outside the city boundaries and it jumps up to over 100fps. Step to the left and BOOM, down to 30-40.

video?

Not criticising, just an observation. Why is FPS so important, surely if the game runs smoothly does it matter what FPS you're getting? :)

I can tell the difference massively, I don't find 30fps particularly smooth. Which is generally why I game on pc and not console!

As for video, I don't think I've got any software enabled, should be able to get some screenshots though. I'll make sure I have the fps monitor active.

Not criticising, just an observation. Why is FPS so important, surely if the game runs smoothly does it matter what FPS you're getting? :)

I'm lucky because I actually can barely tell the difference between FPS, I literally have no idea what the FPS is on any of my games. As long as it feels fine to me thats ok, I expect my FPS on AC Origins is probably something like 32 or thereabouts but the game feels fine to me so I just play and dont bother to check. Some people can probably see the FPS difference quite vividly , a little like some people see those dresses as a different colour to other people, but I also think that there are some people who get overly hung up on what their FPS is.

But some people can tell the difference :D

I can tell the difference massively, I don't find 30fps particularly smooth. Which is generally why I game on pc and not console!

Called it :D

On a more serious note, when I managed to get the fps up to 90 it became less smooth than when it hovered around 50 in cities. I hope a patch optimises this slightly in future.

Not many achievements left to get, still a few side quests to finish off. This is somehow still holding my attention? I don't think there will ever be a better setting than this :eek:

Completed the main story yesterday. It was OK. Still got lots to do though.
Regarding the way the story ends -
you go to Rome and assassinate Ceasar... There was nowhere near enough build up to it. It is one of the most well known events in history. They could have built an entire game around that!... I certainly that isn't the last we see of Rome( I mean apart from dlc).

Back
Top Bottom