Assassin’s Creed Origins

I'm enjoying the game, but what's up with the blurry graphics?

I'm running at 1920x1080 with a 1070, everything maxed, and it looks like my monitor has a layer of Vaseline on it.

I had to load up a couple of other games to make sure my graphics card wasn't borked.

One of the games I tried was Assassin's Creed Syndicate and it looked fine.

I'm enjoying the game, but what's up with the blurry graphics?

I'm running at 1920x1080 with a 1070, everything maxed, and it looks like my monitor has a layer of Vaseline on it.

I had to load up a couple of other games to make sure my graphics card wasn't borked.

One of the games I tried was Assassin's Creed Syndicate and it looked fine.

Try lowering your AA, I had my AA up at max at first and noticed it was blurry. When I lowered it everything became a lot more sharp

Try lowering your AA, I had my AA up at max at first and noticed it was blurry. When I lowered it everything became a lot more sharp

Tried that, didn't notice much difference. I'll give it another go, but have to say I find the graphics in this game a major drop compared to other titles.

Elex for example, a budget title compared to this, but the graphics are mostly excellent, can't say the same for ACO.

CRASHES

looking on the ubi forums seems like like lots are having problems with crashes. I thought I was fine, not very far into the game and all seemed well, BUT

When I go into the menu (playing with x360 pad) by pressing the 'back' button, if I go to the inventory section or the abilities section the game will crash straight to desktop with no warning. The map section, quest section and the others are all fine, no crashes.

What a weird bug, it's pretty much ruining the game as I can't go in the relevant in game menu sections and do what I need. Anyone else getting these crashes?

CRASHES

looking on the ubi forums seems like like lots are having problems with crashes. I thought I was fine, not very far into the game and all seemed well, BUT

When I go into the menu (playing with x360 pad) by pressing the 'back' button, if I go to the inventory section or the abilities section the game will crash straight to desktop with no warning. The map section, quest section and the others are all fine, no crashes.

What a weird bug, it's pretty much ruining the game as I can't go in the relevant section and do what I need. Anyone else getting these crashes?

That doesn't crash the game for me (I play with an Xbox One pad), but alt-tabbing instantly CTD.

Tried that, didn't notice much difference. I'll give it another go, but have to say I find the graphics in this game a major drop compared to other titles.

Elex for example, a budget title compared to this, but the graphics are mostly excellent, can't say the same for ACO.

Have you got that adaptive resolution thing on or whatever its called?

Something is up because the graphics are excellent.

May well be something up with your ACO then because I have both this and Elex and I find ACO to be much the better looking game, Elex is very hit and miss, there are some vistas in Elex which look very good but there are some awful textures in it and in some places when you look close-up at the terrain its very dated indeed. I'd try comparing what you are seeing with ACO with some of the ACO screenshots in the screenshot thread to see how it compares. If you are seeing ACO as a major drop in graphics compared to other titles then something definitely is up.

We might not be playing the same game because this is easily one of the best looking and most detailed games in recent years, especially considering the world size.

May well be something up with your ACO then because I have both this and Elex and I find ACO to be much the better looking game, Elex is very hit and miss, there are some vistas in Elex which look very good but there are some awful textures in it and in some places when you look close-up at the terrain its very dated indeed. I'd try comparing what you are seeing with ACO with some of the ACO screenshots in the screenshot thread to see how it compares. If you are seeing ACO as a major drop in graphics compared to other titles then something definitely is up.

Turns out it was the resolution modifier. I set it to 140% (default was 100%) and it looks a lot better, with the graphics card obviously having to work a lot harder.

Anyone getting frequent crashes. It's been fine for me but now it keeps crashing.

See my post a bit further up. I only get crashes accessing the Abilities page of the in game menu. Crashes straight to desktop every time I try to open it, no warning or message. Can replicate time after time - very weird. Apart from this no other crashes, and running very nicely on a 1080Ti with 5930k at 4.4Ghz (though it's poorly optimised as it uses my GPU only about 80% max, most of the time hovering around 60-70%) FPS is about 75 on averaage at 3440x1440, a mixture of max and almost max settings.

Stable for me except the CTD if alt-tab.

See my post a bit further up. I only get crashes accessing the Abilities page of the in game menu. Crashes straight to desktop every time I try to open it, no warning or message. Can replicate time after time - very weird. Apart from this no other crashes, and running very nicely on a 1080Ti with 5930k at 4.4Ghz (though it's poorly optimised as it uses my GPU only about 80% max, most of the time hovering around 60-70%) FPS is about 75 on averaage at 3440x1440, a mixture of max and almost max settings.

I didn't get the same as you did with the crashes. I have updated my GPU driver though and that seems to have fixed it. (fingers crossed). I verified the game files too before updating. Not had one crash since doing this.

It's a testament to the world they have created here that I have been playing for over 15 hours since completing the main story and I'm enjoying it and finding things to do.

Tbh though, most of the areas I didn't go to as part of the story don't have much in them. I'm still enjoying exploring though, and doing the tombs and stuff. I've not found 4 viewpoints, I'm not sure how many stone circles or tombs I've missed, still got 6 side missions on my map.

Black hood armour is the best in the game imo.

Back
Top Bottom