Assassin’s Creed Origins

Completed the main story yesterday. It was OK. Still got lots to do though.
Regarding the way the story ends -
you go to Rome and assassinate Ceasar... There was nowhere near enough build up to it. It is one of the most well known events in history. They could have built an entire game around that!... I certainly that isn't the last we see of Rome( I mean apart from dlc).

Agreed, very rushed at the end. I suspect rome will return (although we have already been there?).

The fact I am waiting to pick this up when the price drops, these God battles am I missing out? Will I get a chance to do them in the future?

I imagine (though they have not confirmed) you will be able to do them in the future again once they have completed a first cycle. Would otherwise suck for people who did not get to do the first god trial but did the other 3. They are nice, but your not missing anything of significance, the weapons and loot you get while solid are similar in terms of power compared with other legendary gear you will have by that point anyways.

65 hours, Story completed, and I just found my first ancient mechsnism. If they are going to persist with the modern day stuff, this is quite a good way to integrate it.

I've still got tons to do. I really do appreciate it when open world games actually have stuff to do after the main story.

I would... Just ahead of Syndicate.

Saying that though, there are some staples of the series that I wish were in the game such as blending In with crowds and benches etc, maybe some kind of wanted system for each city that worked well in 2, and Assassinations like they were in Syndicate.

Would you say this is the best Assassins Creed to date?

I would yes. I have all the AC games, as the missus bought them all for me as a present a while ago, however I have never managed to play any of them all the way through as I usually got bored with them. With AC Origins though, I binge played the game like mad, totally absorbed in the gameworld of it, played through the story and then afterwards even went back and 100%'d the map which is something I hardly ever do.

I seem to be having a few technical issues since the patch released. Things like enemies glitching into the scenery (Inside walls etc) and also the map sometimes doesn't work so I can't fast travel etc. Enjoying the game though now I am a bit more levelled up. Managed to kill my first couple of Phylakes which was pretty challenging when nearby enemies decided to join in :o Trying to stay away from the main quest for now as I am doing mostly side missions and opening up fast travel locations etc.

I seem to be having a few technical issues since the patch released. Things like enemies glitching into the scenery (Inside walls etc) and also the map sometimes doesn't work so I can't fast travel etc. Enjoying the game though now I am a bit more levelled up. Managed to kill my first couple of Phylakes which was pretty challenging when nearby enemies decided to join in :o Trying to stay away from the main quest for now as I am doing mostly side missions and opening up fast travel locations etc.
Don't be afraid to do the main quest. It sends you everywhere.

Well looks like the game has decided that the map no longer wants to work properly. Restarted the pc to see if that would fix it but nope. Can't highlight anything on the map or fast travel anywhere :( Checked to make sure I am not in photo mode. I can place a map marker and everything else seems to be working fine apart from this. Gonna male missions a pain if I have to travel 4000m+ on a Horse every time :mad:

Back
Top Bottom