Assassin’s Creed Origins

Man of Honour
Yeah all my cash is going into weapon upgrades, haven't sold a thing yet.

One I just did was to to kill a lion, took 1 minute to travel and then back.

Found a boat full of caged lions. Very cool. Liking how difficult the mini boss type enemies are.

Anyone else not bother locking onto enemies? I just attack and dodge at the moment.

Caporegime
I feel like I've missed something here - Has this game got the weirdest intro over? Look at the Pharoh, then kicking the crap out of some fat dude then suddenly in a fight with a giant?

Soldato
I feel like I've missed something here - Has this game got the weirdest intro over? Look at the Pharoh, then kicking the crap out of some fat dude then suddenly in a fight with a giant?

Yeah its weird but kind of reveals itself with next part of story line IMO as to what happened.

Soldato
I’m now 13 hours into the game and just finished the first main mission in Alexandria.

Trying to do every little side mission and loot areas. Having a blast so far, can o lay get even better from here on in.

Alexandria looks fantastic.

Man of Honour
I’m now 13 hours into the game and just finished the first main mission in Alexandria.

Trying to do every little side mission and loot areas. Having a blast so far, can o lay get even better from here on in.

Alexandria looks fantastic.

TOTALLY agree, after 8 and a half hours, being the completionist I am, I just finally reached Alexandria and wow, just wow. THIS is how every city in every game should be done. Absolutely superb. I was really hesitant about Egypt as a setting for this title but they have utterly hit the ball out of the park on this one. Its now by far and away my favourite AC game and more than that, its now my favourite game of this genre. Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War are totally gone from my memory. I would love a 2 player Co-op of this with the difficulty really ramped up.

Soldato
My poor poor PC lol, think I'll have to stick to 30fps, in towns it's dropping pretty low!

Scratch that, locked at 45fps with absolutely everything cranked up. Doesn't annoy me being choppy enough to notice and doesn't annoy mne going from above 60 to below 50 when entering a town. And I notice the dips much less.

Last edited:
Soldato
Welp, about to leave Siwa, the game is absolutely HUGE, I'm not any good at the combat, but as a souls fan, I'm sure I'll adapt to it soon as it's similar in style.

The world feels live in, alive and dynamic enough. I can see how some could say textures are a bit meh in placed, but the game is HUGE and it's art style is brilliant.

As for performance, I'm sticking with the 45fps cap, in towns, it can spike here and there to the 30's, but out and about it doesn't even flinch below 45fps, I'm running on a 980ti @ 1440p with absolutely everything maxed aside from AA which is at low as I can't tell the difference between low and max yet it can effect fps in some areas. It sucks having sub 60, but my 3570k @ 4.2ghz isn't going to cut it anymore. But, not long until new PC anyway.

Soldato
Just come to think of, will my Fury X, i7-4770K (@3.50 GHz), 16 GB Memory, Win 7 64 bit and 3440x1440 monitor, be able to handle the game somewhat decently ??

Although, already paid for it so really a moot point I guess. :p

Soldato
Anyone know what the little icon is at the top right? It's always there it seems...

Edit: nvm, it's icons to let you know you've got new gear/ability points etc. I've set the hud to minimal and it's much less cluttered now

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You know I don't think I could go back to any previous AC game with all these changes. Glad I have completed them up to this one.

This is my current lock screen:

YVbFCd3.jpg

Such a stunning game:
E3DKzwF.jpg

AC7Cc0f.jpg

I love that the minimap is now gone. Also that it benches on the fly!

Back
Top Bottom