Assassin’s Creed Origins

Soldato
Just started playing it last night managed to get into Alexandria after completing the first area and it's side missions. Can see this game gonna take a while for a completionist.
Game runs fine it set it on ultra high and I turned dynamic aa so it changes the AA to keep frames descent.
Kept the HUD on minimal so it shows the compass and mission objectives, very nice looking game.

Associate
Loving this game so far i'm about 31h in and 53% done but have loads of side quests still todo. Just brought the season pass as well as I can really see myself playing this for a long time.

Caporegime
Defeated all the phylakes yesterday and hit rank 40 too so did the anubis god fight so lots of lovely legendary gear now :D

Will try to finish the main story over the next week now, only been doing the side quests.

Game is just stunning looking on oled.

Soldato
I get around 30-40 fps in this. My cpu is only on 40-50% but gpu is 100% - I guess this means my gpu (R9 380) is bottlenecking my cpu (i7 6700k @ 4ghz) right?

Pretty much aye.

Conversely on my 6 core (12 thread) 5930k at 4.4 and a 1080ti, GPU usage is on average only about 70-80% a lot of the time, but CPU usage is very high across all cores and threads. Highest I've seen for any game at about 80% a lot of the time.

I don't think I'm bottlenecked at all on my system in this game but I feel the engine has some quirks, especially around AA as low gives better fps then off.

Soldato
Pretty much aye.

Conversely on my 6 core (12 thread) 5930k at 4.4 and a 1080ti, GPU usage is on average only about 70-80% a lot of the time, but CPU usage is very high across all cores and threads. Highest I've seen for any game at about 80% a lot of the time.

I don't think I'm bottlenecked at all on my system in this game but I feel the engine has some quirks, especially around AA as low gives better fps then off.

Yes, I didn't notice much difference when I lowered the settings from high to off/low.

It's a good game though, I never really got into the other AC games but this one has me gripped!

Soldato
Pretty much aye.

Something not right there, mate. Your GPU should be 100% unless you're frame capping with Vsync or similar.

Associate
hi guys this game comes out of the sale tomorrow and I have to decide gold edition with season pass or deluxe edition,coming down on the side of season pass version because if this game is really good I will want to buy the dlc's. what do you think.will also be playing on 1440

Soldato
Something not right there, mate. Your GPU should be 100% unless you're frame capping with Vsync or similar.

Agreed. I'm still sat on my 3570k until my new PC build (soooo close to having everything, can't wait) and this game does NOT like the 3570k, I've got it at 4.2Ghz, but even then, it's 100% usage and my gpu (980 ti) is only around 70% usage. Running everything ultra @ 1440p and I lock fps at 45 for this game.

Associate
hi guys this game comes out of the sale tomorrow and I have to decide gold edition with season pass or deluxe edition,coming down on the side of season pass version because if this game is really good I will want to buy the dlc's. what do you think.will also be playing on 1440

I got the season pass with mine and also play on 1440. Its a really good game im about level 25 running about doing all the side quests (apparently it makes the later levels easier and not so much of a grind)

Associate
Had a problem with AC: O last night.

Recently bought a new monitor - Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ. Had it a couple of days absolutely beautiful, connected to my rig via mini display port. I've only played LoL and Elite:Dangerous with it so far so decided to smash some AC: O (first time playing it).

It was unplayable, hard to describe how it looked. It was just awful, it was like a mess of flashes and scrambled graphics. So I ran multiple benchmarks tests messed about with the settings, even put it on ultra low and same thing happened. One thing I will say is that in the settings it says my GPU drivers are out of date (there not, updated to the latest yesterday before playing).

Specs

Intel i7-8700k
Radeon R9 390x Strix
G.SKILL Tridant Z 16GB
Auros Z370
Samsung SSD 500GB
Seagate Firecuda 2TB

Soldato
mine is still crashing all the time. switched all the AA off, turned the detail onto high all over but still crashed. looked at the crash summary and its a nvdia driver problem so i uninstalled it all, cleared registry of old files, reinstalled and still crashing. at my wits end.

now, i believe my game save is with the origin cloud servers - is this right? - so would reinstalling the game help? i have completed it with just the photos to take and the 3 glitches to beat and a couple of elephant trials. everything else basically done. need to upgrade my shoulder pads 1 more time then everything golden.

i'm starting to wonder if my gpu is faulty, but before this game, i played the latest wolfenstein at ultra without one crash.

Soldato
mine is still crashing all the time. switched all the AA off, turned the detail onto high all over but still crashed. looked at the crash summary and its a nvdia driver problem so i uninstalled it all, cleared registry of old files, reinstalled and still crashing. at my wits end.

now, i believe my game save is with the origin cloud servers - is this right? - so would reinstalling the game help? i have completed it with just the photos to take and the 3 glitches to beat and a couple of elephant trials. everything else basically done. need to upgrade my shoulder pads 1 more time then everything golden.

i'm starting to wonder if my gpu is faulty, but before this game, i played the latest wolfenstein at ultra without one crash.

Are you running any overclocks on your system?
I was getting crash to desktop with this game, set my CPU and GPU to stock clocks and it has not crashed since. The only other game I have had the same issue with was Watch Dogs 2, so I assume it's the engine or just general Ubiness.

Soldato

Are you running sweetFX or reshade?

I was running an old version of sweetFX and would get crashes all the time - but only in some of the in game menus. Updated to the latest version of reshade and all was fixed.

Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom