Assetto Corsa Competizione

Soldato
And going by what I've read so far, the VR support / performance is worse in v1.0 when compared to the last build.

That's completely untrue based on what I experienced earlier. That said there could be a variance in hardware that's causing people to say that, I've seen people mentioning the CPU as culprit. I think in general people are just having a pop on anything VR related because it hasn't improved on performance, and they haven't done anything on the non working elements of the UI and Menus.

Soldato
Yeah it's normal for people to post / report bad experiences rather than when it's working well for them ( I mean in general ).

I'm not able to try it myself atm, but if it's working better for you then good.

Soldato
Can't try it myself just now, but there is mention of ' Projection Correction' in the changelog.

UE4 doesn't support multiple displays properly, so Kunos talked about adding a 'screen space distortion' effect to reduce the warping in the side views.

Maybe that's what 'Projection Correction' is?

Possibly. Thanks for that. I shudder to think how bad triple 1440p perf would be when the game performs as bad as it does even on a single screen.

Soldato
I still cant setup any buttons on my wheel for lights, windscreen wipers or change view...all I have is look behind, apart from that the game now seems to be better than before ie better braking , much better feeling of speed , although so far most of the cars do seem pretty slow to pull away out of corners , even with lower TC settings.

Last edited:
Associate
Any idea if this has proper triple screen support yet?
No it doesn't but as @MoodyB mentioned it has a post process effect projection correction which tries to compensate for large field of view settings, such as when running triple screens or a single large ultra wide. Check the thread at the official forums: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/triple-monitor-support.50856/page-43

I tested it just out of curiosity, I use VR exclusively these days. Have to say it works better than I thought it would in terms of correcting the image - you can adjust the amount of correction applied to take account of how your screens are setup. You can see my testing results further down that thread. Performance impact, when upping the super sampling to mitigate the otherwise under sampled centre screen resolution, is heavier than native three view port rendering in the likes of iracing, AC, PCARS2 but as a work around it gets the job done.

Soldato
Masterpiece of a game for single screens, I'm contemplating shelving my VR and getting a new monitor just to play it :) More than a pretty face too, the physics, the sounds and even the even their attempt at a [rp[er SP career range from incredible to pretty good.
(car pron from ACC forums)

D9-A590-E703880-B5959-A2-A39-D89-F255-C261-FC0-DF2.jpg

20181220182401-1.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

59301610-3246211072071855-8276860643244507136-o.jpg

59436381-3246211202071842-3803653381281546240-o.jpg

59342991-3246211155405180-5397593350591217664-o.jpg

20190319225805.png

y4mii-Lq-AQSKy-VXAIt-Qb3i-Z-GRub5x-K62-Rgfo-Ws-QZidp5-Gw53-ONa6-Kd-GHRd-2-Ac-Q.jpg

index.php

Associate
^ Credit to the devs for the way that the differing engine/transmission layouts are reflected in each cars handling but please fix the curbs! The curbs occasionally cause a spin which will completely catch you out.

Soldato
Without watching the 2.5hrs, what was his overall verdict?
Not watched the whole thing, but- car by car, he loved the Ferrari (the best in RL and in the game), Lambo, Audi, Nissan GTR and Bentley. His own RL Aston is the worst car in the game, although the best sounding. Merc is the easiest to drive in RL and in the game. Porsche is the hardest to drive and the most fun in RL and here again.

Curb surfing in the game is wrong, but other than that physics are "effin amazing job, assetto" (@2:19:12 ; 2:22:22 ).

Last edited:
Soldato
The game is pretty average overall isnt it? or that's the impression I'm getting from the normal SIM crowd.

From what I can tell;

-Sfx incredible
-Visuals top notch (but poor perf unless you got a superexpensive rig
-handling of different cars great

But to many negatives, the main ones being;
-terrible bland career
-online racing not what was expected, no Safety or Skill system, no public lobbies etc
-FFB for wheel users not as good as AC
-content severely lack lustre

Would those be fairly accurate or not? I'm debating whether or not it's worth a buy, at the moment it's a bit of a no touch. Poor Triple screen support, rubbish career and bad online are three big ones for me.

Last edited:
Associate
^ not my assessment by a long shot.

The driving dynamics are the real standout feature, along with exceptional audio.
Graphics are fine and performance for me in VR is OK. The worst among all the sims but if you have a Rift/Rift S and don't mind making the most of ASW you should be OK. If you're a 90FPS or forget it then forget it.

Career. Name another current sim aside from PCARS2 that actually has one. Nope, didn't think so. You might include F12018 but that doesn't have VR support and Codemasters have much more resources at their disposal, charge more for the game and have had 8/9 years to refine it.

Online. There are a whole host of driver ratings and track medals which contribute to improving the online experience. The primary ones are your safety rating and if you are competitive your competition rating, which comes into play if you want to race on the official competition servers (currently running 1 hour races and enforcing a high safety racing and track medals). If you want something more casual you can use the quick join matchmaking to join a public server (it will attempt to match you with other similarly skilled drivers on tracks/conditions according to your preferences - which you can set via a number of filters. Alternative you can browser the entire server list.

FFB - no complaints here (Fanatec CSW v2 and CSP v3).

Content - As per the official Blancpain championship last year with a free update to 2019 coming later this year. Exactly what you'd expect of the official game of the series. Not lacking at all.

If you're that worried about spending £40 on your hobby wait until the 2019 update has been released as that will have given them a few more months to iron out the bugs, add in the planned features which didn't make release and give it that extra polish.

Associate
Pretty much exactly that Tony.

Vr is a joke so far, they have obviously just shoe horned it in early on to shut up the no vr no buy crowd.
It's just sooo woefully implemented, the performance and even menus don't work at all.
I'm sure they will fix vr but it should have been done for full release.

Other than that major complaint from me I think it's a solid game, if you are happy with 1 class of cars and i think 10 tracks and arnt looking for a career or proper online racing.........actually not much left after that.

Back
Top Bottom