Assetto Corsa Competizione

Associate
If you are driving sprint race weekend you must change tyres and driver at the pitstop. You can set up your strategy via the set up menu or pit menu in the MFD during the race.

Soldato
Unleashed Drivers lap guides on yt. Other than that, line up your exit before lead footing it, or turn up the tc a little.

Thanks, I'll take a look!

I saw the traction control percentage in the options and it was on 0% - does this setting apply to all the game modes, including career?

If you've damaged your car in any way they repair it, which can add a lot of time. You can tell them not to do this in the mfd menu when driving down the pit lane

Cheers!

I did overshoot the pit location though and couldn't fathom how to get into reverse?? (using auto gears!)

Soldato
Play with the tc settings on the fly when your on track in the car. The control defaults to the d pad on my wheel for tc and abs, if yours hasn't just bind it in the options. I think it's available in all modes, apart from some multi's if it works like the original AC.

Soldato
Just had a couple of hours with the latest patch. The cpu load balancing seems to have done wonders, not a single drop in to motion smoothing (VR) running full field AI or on a loaded multiplayer.

No need to re-centre the seat either, the whole thing felt like an improvement. If you've not tried in the game in VR for a while, give it a go, it would be interesting to see some results.

Last edited:
My wheel won't work with this and I cannot change the Xbox controller's sensitivity which renders this method impossible to use due to wildly swerving around the track. When I select the middle control method which allows me to setup dead zones etc, it stops the controller from responding. I have owned this game since November last year and have yet to complete a lap lol. I cant afford right now to fork out for a new wheel.

Soldato
Latest patch is amazing, the updated tyre collision detection physics have made "curb surfing" possible, opening so many new lines and possibilities. Nicky Thiim (one of the real GT3 drivers in the game) previously said that curb issues was the biggest problem of ACC
and it seems to have been sorted now.
PHYSICS update:
- New 5 collision points tyre model. Tyres now "climb gradually" over kerbs, sausages, bumps both in lateral and longitudinal motion.
Completely eliminates the "rail kerb" effect. Greatly improved behaviour over all kind of kerbs, improved precision, improved bumps absorption.
- Tyre model improvements to better handle high load peak situations and high rolling resistance peaks.
- Tyre model now simulates lowering of profile while the tyre flexes. Ride heights will be lower during turns.
- Tweaks to tyre model rolling resistance model. (Fixed and speed-sensitive RR variations).
- New Traction Control operation. TC now simulates a two-step operation, acting on the engine ignition timing (lowering power) and if that is not enough, cutting ignition all together as before.
This permits the TC to have a smoother operation at the start of a slide, permitting the driver to use the slide to turn the car without extreme vibrations or engine cut.
- New Traction Control logic. TC now takes into account the yaw acceleration, simulating gyroscope sensors as the real cars.
As a result, even if the slide or slip of the tyres is not enough, a sudden yaw acceleration (a fast rotation of the car) will activate the TC to save the car from spinning. It also works intelligently so that it can check if the yaw rotation is under control by the driver, allowing him to use the power at will.
NOTE: please follow our forums to find more information about the tyre model update:
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...oducing-the-5-point-tyre-model-for-acc.59307/
- Tweaks on the tyre pressure loss on rough surfaces (kerbs, off road etc).
- Car collider tweaks for various models.
- Tweaks for all circuits asphalt abrasivity and tyre wear influence.
- Tyre wear tweaks
- Fixed tyre core temps not properly saved and loaded.
- Fixed incorrect tyre wear when restarting race after loading a saved game.
- Tweaks to weather temperatures and sun phase.
- Tweaks to water dissipation rates.
- Variability is adjusted so medium values give more medium weather change rates.
- Fixed a setup bug with wet/dry setups on session changes.
- Fixed bugs related to setup naming.
- Fixed a bug with speed limiter status in neutral gear.

Last edited:
Soldato
Intercontinental GT Challenge!

https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...i-and-intercontinental-gt-coming-soon.173273/

Just gets better, laser scanned Bathurst!! The AC mod of that track is great, to have it come to ACC in official form is fantastic.
not to mention laser scanned Suzuka and Laguna Seca, top news :)

whats this like now ? havent played it recently and the understeery nature of the cars was getting on my nerves :p
It's super sweet if you drive on a single screen (VR/triples not so good), all the cars' driving was reviewed in a 2 hour video by RL factory Aston Martin GT3 driver Nicky Thiim (see below) and TLDR was that all ACC cars are different, but true to their nature.
Current real life GT3/Blancpain driver (who is in this game actually) reviews all the cars in ACC one by one:

Last edited:
Soldato
It's an opinion, you've nothing to lose by trying it for yourself. For me myself and I VR runs great, full field of AI or on a 28 player multi, on a more demanding Index. The 1.07 update tightened it up, gone were the join stutters and the AI load seems to have vanished. The motion smoothing I had it running on too stopped kicking in on the 1.07, says something.

Soldato
Intercontinental DLC coming Feb 4th.

Fantastic update with some much loved tracks, a populated Bathurst online is going to be epic. The last update was outstanding in expanding the series, tarting up the physics, and even improving the VR with some new pre-set settings.

Roll on the 4th, hoping to get some time off work:)

Associate
Is there an issue with triple monitor setup in this then? Or is it a preference thing?

I've not thought about giving this a try in VR, i'll have to dig out my oculus and give it a try.

Been making steady progress, getting my safety rating up, dropped from 64 to 56 in a few days of thoughtless moves, ouch!

Soldato
Is there an issue with triple monitor setup in this then? Or is it a preference thing?

I've not thought about giving this a try in VR, i'll have to dig out my oculus and give it a try.

Been making steady progress, getting my safety rating up, dropped from 64 to 56 in a few days of thoughtless moves, ouch!

No problem on triple monitor setup for me

Soldato
Some nice videos in there Tony, seems like a cracking setup you have. Do you think you will post a video showing your setup ?

At some point yes maybe, it's just for fun at the minute though. I'm just learning how to record, edit etc. Its really just to give me something to focus on outside of work during the winter months where I can't get out.

If you look at the description, there are links there to my social media where I have some pictures of the setup.

Back
Top Bottom