Astro Bot | OT |

Love playing this, and realise how **** I am when I watch my 11yo daughter play it. :D
Like others, I like the fact its NOT open world.

The attention to detail in places is amazing.
It seems to push the PS5 in certain areas. The console kicks out some proper heat.

After saying the other day that I can't remember the last time I switched my PS5 on, I bought this and had a blast with it over the weekend.

However, it does highlight how poor the gaming industry is at the moment. I've seen a lot of people saying this is their GOTY and even some saying it's the best thing they've played on the PS5.

After saying the other day that I can't remember the last time I switched my PS5 on, I bought this and had a blast with it over the weekend.

However, it does highlight how poor the gaming industry is at the moment. I've seen a lot of people saying this is their GOTY and even some saying it's the best thing they've played on the PS5.
Yeah, I know where you're coming from. It stands out because there is a dearth of top quality 1st party exclusives, and represents a departure from the cinematic action RPG style games we've become accustomed to since the PS4 era. It's good to have some variety.

For me it's the simplicity. Very few options, no difficulty modes, no lengthy tutorials. Endless lives. Really easy to pickup. Stress free, pretty much. I don't even get frustrated when I die!

rp2000

Man. This game can get a little tough in some levels!

Edit - green triangles

has gotta be downsize surprise ! Just so good !

And trunk of funk. What a soundtrack
It sure can ratchet up the difficulty in the one off levels. I way too long on a square challenge.

Been playing this with the kids tonight, such a great game for kids and adults.

Loved Astro's Playroom and was hoping for a full game since launch day.

The bird that helps you find missing collectibles when you replay a level is really cool. Very much like the detector in Ape Escape.

I've unlocked the last galaxy now, but I'm gonna go back and 100% the other galaxies before continuing. So far 11 hours and around 50% completed.

rp2000

Last edited:
This really is excellent. It's very rewarding when you find a secret yourself but equally frustrating when you absolutely scour a level looking for everything, then get to the end and find you've still missed stuff! Fortunately most levels aren't particularly long so replaying them to get back to an area isn't a chore.

It looks and runs great too, proof of what can be achieved when photorealism and unnecessary effects and details aren't the core focus of the visual presentation.

Received this today and I am definitely glad I bought it. Only played a bit of it but it is very fun and addictive. Looking forward to exploring more

On to the last galaxy now. And all the warp level to get through. Currently been playing 12 hours.
I've managed to get 100% for the 1st 3 galaxies. Galaxy 4, I've got one square mission left, but it's too difficult! So now I've moved onto Galaxy 5. Like you, I've unlocked but not attempted most of the warp levels, yet.

So far some of the Square/Circle/Cross/Triangle missions have been the hardest (especially considering you only get 1 bot for your troubles!). Crumble Rumbles get quite hard (number 4 took me over 30 minutes!).

The PS5 summary screen shows 15h and 69% completion. Tomorrow is a bank holiday and possibly rainy, so that should add another 4-5 hours of playtime :D

It's very rewarding when you find a secret yourself but equally frustrating when you absolutely scour a level looking for everything, then get to the end and find you've still missed stuff!
So many times I'm near the end of a level, save a bot and then realise I've saved bot 8/8 and somehow missed 7/8 :D. On the second run through it's easier to find them, with the bird's help, possibly a bit too easy...

rp2000

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom