Astro Bot | OT |

As the PS5 Pro was announced yesterday it got me thinking. I guess this game is already dynamic 4k 60fps, and I've not noticed a hint of slowdown, even when jumping around in some of the rooms that have thousands of jewels/gems on the floor. What benefit would a Pro bring to a game like this apart from fixing the resolution to 4k? I don't even know if I would notice the difference due to the graphical style.

rp2000

As the PS5 Pro was announced yesterday it got me thinking. I guess this game is already dynamic 4k 60fps, and I've not noticed a hint of slowdown, even when jumping around in some of the rooms that have thousands of jewels/gems on the floor. What benefit would a Pro bring to a game like this apart from fixing the resolution to 4k? I don't even know if I would notice the difference due to the graphical style.

Based on the below it will either be to improve the dynamic scaling so it spends less time at 1440p, or presumably a 120fps option gets added. (or an 8k 30fps mode :D)

Digital Foundry said:
Let's get the traditional Digital Foundry bullet point specs out of the way. Astro Bot uses dynamic resolution scaling and I noticed a 1440p to 2160p rendering window (though of course, this could change according to content). Thanks to its simple, clean design and effective anti-aliasing, the game's image quality is really never an issue and it holds up well without any ghosting reconstruction or other image stability issues. It presents very cleanly, which is so important for legibility in a platform game - and Team Asobi got it right.

Frame-rate wise, it's also simple - it runs at 60fps. I played through nearly the entire game while covering it and found exactly one moment in which the frame-rate saw a minor hiccup where physics and effects monetarily overwhelm the engine, but that's it. Again, it's virtually flawless and I didn't encounter a single drop anywhere else in the game.

Last edited:
Really love this, bought it on disc so I could trade it back in as short play time and then get it when it eventually makes its way to PlayStation plus catalogue but I can see me keeping it as a chill out game

rp2000

Very little, and tbh your post tells me why most people aren't going to be interested in the Pro when you already have 60 fps, the only thing that might push some people over the edge will be GTA 6, I have a feeling this will be 30fps on standard console and 60fps on Pro.

24h of gameplay and I've got all 304 bots.

Medium difficulty overall, all of the levels are doable if you try them enough times!

Now just the secret level left, which I'll save for later/tomorrow.

rp2000

Managed to get some time on this last night.

Did 100% of the first system and I’m on the 2nd level of the next main system now.

I’m trying to 100% each level as I go, jumping straight back in if I’ve missed anything.

I was tearing my hair out with the first level of the second system looking for the portal. Must have circled the entire level 3-4 times then gave up and approached the finish pad…… :p

I reckon I put in about 3.5hrs last night so this is going to be way more than 10hrs for me.

Also, not sure if anyone else has this but neither my PS5 or my PS app shows play time for some reason, only % completed.

Thoroughly enjoying it so far. This game has just put a smile on my face and made me feel happy. Such good fun.

What benefit would a Pro bring to a game like this apart from fixing the resolution to 4k? I don't even know if I would notice the difference due to the graphical style.

All I kept hearing Cerny say in the presentation is sharpness, so I'm gonna say it'll look sharper... :D

You're right though, it looks gorgeous and runs buttery smooth as is and this sort of art style tends to endure, look at Mario Kart.

I’ve put this down for the past week as I don’t want it to end :( on the final galaxy at the moment. Still haven’t touched the secret galaxy levels either.

I'm into the 4th system now ... beginning to find some of the challenge levels a bit frustrating which is taking the fun out of the game. Odd, given that 98% of the game is super easy and chill. It has knocked my rating down from a 9/10 to probably an 8/10. Granblue Fantasy: Relink and Unicorn Overlord remain my GOTY contenders.

Last edited:
Same here I'm stuck and a bit fed up of replaying over and over again. I just want to finish it and experience the game. Tbh I would like a no death cheat just so I can see the rest.

After 30 minutes of trying I finally completed the final level. A couple of (easy) trophies missing, but I got 100% of the levels, puzzles, bots, challenges etc. Took 26 hours in total.

Annoying it doesn't have any time trials like the 1st game had, which would have given me something to do after completing the main game.

rp2000

I'm into the 4th system now ... beginning to find some of the challenge levels a bit frustrating which is taking the fun out of the game. Odd, given that 98% of the game is super easy and chill. It has knocked my rating down from a 9/10 to probably an 8/10. Granblue Fantasy: Relink and Unicorn Overlord remain my GOTY contenders.

Is that the square voids?

Oddly I found 3 of them not that difficult, one of them though that involved fire and black sludge was pure hell, I lost count the amount of times I died, though it then just clicked, really thought I would never be able to do it.

Is that the square voids?

Oddly I found 3 of them not that difficult, one of them though that involved fire and black sludge was pure hell, I lost count the amount of times I died, though it then just clicked, really thought I would never be able to do it.
Yes, the square, triangle, circle and x challenges. I've managed to do them .... eventually. But they aren't fun, and are quite jarring when compared to the rest of the game.

Completed all of the Nebulas and hidden galaxy stuff now, just the final challenge left at Crash Site which has already taken a few tries, combination of all the previous challenge levels and way longer.

Will hopefully smash that today and get the plat.

19 hours for me so far.

Last edited:
Completed all of the Nebulas and hidden galaxy stuff now, just the final challenge left at Crash Site which has already taken a few tries, combination of all the previous challenge levels and way longer.

Will hopefully smash that today and get the plat.

19 hours for me so far.
Let us know how it goes ... I've heard it's a super frustrating level.

Let us know how it goes ... I've heard it's a super frustrating level.
Just a case of repetition, timing and muscle memory.

Get about 1/3rd of the way through every time but haven't got the timing quite right to kill the purple monsters every time. Got about 4/5ths of the way through a few times but then it's multiple layers of attack chickens :o

Just a case of repetition, timing and muscle memory.

Get about 1/3rd of the way through every time but haven't got the timing quite right to kill the purple monsters every time. Got about 4/5ths of the way through a few times but then it's multiple layers of attack chickens :o
Punch the purple guys and jump through the chickens, don't run around them. There are also a few sections where you can stop and rest, that helped me a lot.

rp2000

Punch the purple guys and jump through the chickens, don't run around them. There are also a few sections where you can stop and rest, that helped me a lot.

rp2000
Was starting the spinning attack a bit too late up the travelator and letting the purple ones get a shot at me. Started the attack a bit earlier and was able to get past them consistently. Only took a few tries at the attack chickens to finish it.

4 level specific trophies left.

Edit: Finished with the plat in 20 hours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom