• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus 7990 - £399.99 pre-order. Is this for real??

Bit pointless surely it'll be roughly the same fps. :confused:

Not actually. Because the 7990 is basically 2 7970s, is single card not two taking over the motherboard*, having better airflow-cooling, and easier to watercool if needed.

*Had to remove the wifi pci adapter, and pull a long network cable to fit both the 7950s

Not actually. Because the 7990 is basically 2 7970s, is single card not two taking over the motherboard*, having better airflow-cooling, and easier to watercool if needed.

*Had to remove the wifi pci adapter, and pull a long network cable to fit both the 7950s

Forgot about the speed, was thinking more along my 6990 being 2x 6950's essentially.

I would rather pay a little more and get some decent warranty. Sometimes its true when they say you get what you pay for !

In both instances you would deal with the place you bought it. Asus, like XFX, do not deal directly with the public.

Asus = more warranty, more money. You pays your money and makes your choice.

Cancelling my Asus order, warranty is similar between the two (ie rtb with retailer dealing with RMA) and I'm unlikely to keep the card for two years. Will go for the XFX.

Cancelling my Asus order, warranty is similar between the two (ie rtb with retailer dealing with RMA) and I'm unlikely to keep the card for two years. Will go for the XFX.

I've heard that XFX will just tell you to use the retailer? I think Gibbo posted that they kept refusing to honour warranties properly (even ones confirmed as faulty) so ocuk no longer sells any XFX cards.

For the sake of a few pounds I'd go for the Asus.

XFX are nasty, their cards use real cheap components, wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. For the sake of waiting 2 weeks, you are brave.

It does make me wonder. Even though boards might be reference design, the quality of the components that manufacturers use must differ right?

I've bought an XFX for a friend's build before - had a capacitor fall off! Never XFX again ...

Back
Top Bottom