• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus 7990 - £399.99 pre-order. Is this for real??

it's only OCUK doing these kind of prices. look at other vendors, they are still standing around 550-650 mark. i think this is the case where OCUK managed to build up such momentum that they can afford to make less profit on each by selling loads.

Well the other brands of 7990 on OCUK are also still £500+ so it varies. OCUK are definitely not the only vendor doing this that's for sure.

I purchased 2 of the gigabyte 7990s and they were advertised as stock clock 950 but came with a base clock of 1000, as they are all ref cards someone might want to confirm the actual base clock of the Asus on offer, if it is indeed 1000 then its even more of a bargain.
Ok I potter aboot on here and I tend not to crow about stuff but if you are seriously tempted by this Asus pre-order you must be completely nuts!!!!!

You should have already ordered it you will be barking mad not too

:D:D

No mention of the psu on the other site. Plus xfx are a terrible brand.

Sigh. How many times? The 7990 is very similar to the Titan. The official models are just these.

With very minor branding from the board partners. So the XFX has three tiny silver stickers over the AMD ones but they're all exactly the same cards, with the same bios, with the same cooler ETC ETC.

So basically get the cheapest one you can get your hands on, unless it's MSI or Gigabyte as their warranties are a little better.

Sigh. How many times? The 7990 is very similar to the Titan. The official models are just these.

With very minor branding from the board partners. So the XFX has three tiny silver stickers over the AMD ones but they're all exactly the same cards, with the same bios, with the same cooler ETC ETC.

So basically get the cheapest one you can get your hands on, unless it's MSI or Gigabyte as their warranties are a little better.

You are correct but some warranty are RTB and other warranty are with manufacturer itself. You need to check the terms and conditions

Back
Top Bottom