** ASUS DO IT AGAIN: IPS, 144Hz & FREESYNC!!! Asus MG279Q thread **

Thanks for the quick response :)

I admit that the pop of the colours that the glossy screen provide, vertical viewing angles aside, are fantastic.

Still, I really want to go 1440, so alongside the other bonuses of the screen (and your appreciated nudge) I think I'll go for it.

Thanks!

Feel like I've been waiting an eternity for a decent freesync monitor to arrive after the announcement.

Me too, it's between this and the Ben Q XL2730Z really, would love to know how the image on the Ben Q compare to the Asus now that TN panels seem to be catching up.

Unlucky :(

Can't believe how bad QC and general quality for monitors is these days, really puts you of buying anything!

With the way things are going now, I think re/etailers should be opening the boxes and checking these themselves and any that are like the above should be returned back.

This is one of the reason why I am hesitant to buy one, £450 for the 144hz upgrade + lower input lag but I also have to risk getting bad backlight bleed and RMA'ing it. Where are the UHD 144hz monitors :D

You can just return it if you ordered it by phone or internet, you don't have to RMA it. They have to take it back if you haven't damaged it, according to the Consumer Contracts Regulations (formerly DSR). The period covered is 14 days. So even if there is disagreement (which there likely won't be), you'd only have to cover the cost of return, if the RMA is refused. Since the DSR came into force, it's generally not worth the time or effort to contest RMAs (even if they have some grounds to do so).

Last edited:
You can just return it if you ordered it by phone or internet, you don't have to RMA it. They have to take it back if you haven't damaged it, according to the Consumer Contracts Regulations (formerly DSR). The period covered is 14 days. So even if there is disagreement (which there likely won't be), you'd only have to cover the cost of return, if the RMA is refused. Since the DSR came into force, it's generally not worth the time or effort to contest RMAs (even if they have some grounds to do so).

Still not worth the effort until these issues are ironed out though, it is also quite difficult to get a courier that covers insurance on monitors.

I really think I just got unlucky with mine and going by my string of luck with monitors in the past I am fairly certain.

I've been using the monitor since Friday and will continue to do so until the courier collects it and apart from the bleed in mine and the awful, awful, speakers it is amazing. I'm pretty certain I'll be ordering a replacement.

Vade, please tell your brightness settings on those 2 shots, and is this bleeding visible that much with naked eye or just looks much worse on mobile photo in dark room :confused:

I really think I just got unlucky with mine and going by my string of luck with monitors in the past I am fairly certain.

I've been using the monitor since Friday and will continue to do so until the courier collects it and apart from the bleed in mine and the awful, awful, speakers it is amazing. I'm pretty certain I'll be ordering a replacement.

In this day and age, with a monitor of this spec aimed towards gamers, I cannot understand why they even bothered to add speakers. Rather they left them out and chucked a fiver off the price :P

I'm in work at the moment so I can't get the exact number but it should be around 31 (just home from work at it is at 28), I used the calibration in Badass' awesome review as a baseline.

In my case it is very visible to the naked eye, even when the room is in normal lighting watching or playing something with dark scenes is horrible.

If you compare it to Badass' it's chalk and cheese: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/asus_mg279q/P1110289.JPG

I do just think I was unlucky.

Last edited:
Thanks Vade! Will go to the shop and test it there, ther's no other way since Asus don't care really...I mean what's £500 today. Really lame of them.

Best of luck with new one! :)

Unlucky :(

Can't believe how bad QC and general quality for monitors is these days, really puts you of buying anything!

With the way things are going now, I think re/etailers should be opening the boxes and checking these themselves and any that are like the above should be returned back.

This is so true it's not funny. We really do need a hall of shame thread sticky thread to give the "big time monitor" vendors a boot up the arse. I mean if the Korean builders can build, QC and indivdually ship guaranteed QC perfect screens at a 3rd of the price why can the big firms...

Back
Top Bottom