ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2

No I don't genuinely think Tegra 2 is faster. But I don't expect Tegra 3 to be x3 faster either. I expect it to be around x1.5 to x2 faster. I was hoping for something to compete against the almost year old SGX543. Not something a year later that's more then half the speed.

To answer Rippling question the quad core in the Vita is what x5 to x12 faster depending on the benchmark. Not keen on that as I want a all in one device. Something with the power of an Ipad2 or better but as open as the Transformer.

Anyway this is enough talk about GPU's. Let's just wait till the full reviews are out.

Tegra 2 die size: 49mm2
Tegra 3 die size: 80mm2
Apple a5 die size: 120mm2

It's not hard to figure out why apples a5 has a better GPU. If their was a market for a faster SoC with a GPU as fast as the 543MP2 then Nvidia could make it, but there isn't one.

Coremark is the only specific CPU architecture one? Tegra 3 (quad core A9 @ 1GHz) is generally around the AMD E350 level (dual core Bobcat @ 1.6GHz) or maybe a early 65nm mobile Core2Duo.

Browser benchmarks are nice indication of overall system performance/optimisation too.

In the context of a screenshot I have no idea. As it's a development build a wild guess would something to do with memory. But it looks too low a number for that.

Also a bit confused on it saying the Tegra 2 is up to 1.2x faster relative against a Tegra 2. But still the full tech specs make a nice read.

It could be "mean frame performance" or similar, considering that Nvidia have been showing off gaming demos of it running silky smooth in demos recently.

My point is, even high-end PC systems have the odd bit of frame-drop where for an instant or two the fps are at minimum... they feature this in reviews all the time, and even high-end cards suffer from it in latest titles.

In short: stop being such a drama llama.

No I don't genuinely think Tegra 2 is faster. But I don't expect Tegra 3 to be x3 faster either. I expect it to be around x1.5 to x2 faster. I was hoping for something to compete against the almost year old SGX543. Not something a year later that's more then half the speed.

To answer Rippling question the quad core in the Vita is what x5 to x12 faster depending on the benchmark. Not keen on that as I want a all in one device. Something with the power of an Ipad2 or better but as open as the Transformer.

Anyway this is enough talk about GPU's. Let's just wait till the full reviews are out.
its 5 to 12 times faster than tegra 3 ?! i always liked powervr ever since kyro , so will the vita use tbr? sorry to take it off post , btw i have owned the ipad2 and the tab 10.1 the tegra chipset seemed very sluggish with the tab ipad 2 flew , and on another point .
shadowgun on my tab was tegra2 great new game , still felt sluggish ,so,as an experiment a put it on my galaxy s2 and used chainfire 3d to mimic shadowgun , and also used 32bit textures and 16x aa , it was still smotther than the tab ;)

A Tegra 3 based tablet is not what you want if your obsessed and anal about 3d-intensive games on a tablet and can't get hold of a dedicated games machine.

but it seems strange that nvidia is pushing it as a great gaming device with gfx getting close to console quality?
so is there any tablets comming out soon that will , or am i back to an alienware lappy ?lol

but it seems strange that nvidia is pushing it as a great gaming device with gfx getting close to console quality?
so is there any tablets comming out soon that will , or am i back to an alienware lappy ?lol

it will be a great gaming device for 95% that will be buying it - but if your looking for this gen console quality on any tablet then forget about it. Hardcore gaming on mobile devices baffles me.

its 5 to 12 times faster than tegra 3 ?! i always liked powervr ever since kyro , so will the vita use tbr? sorry to take it off post , btw i have owned the ipad2 and the tab 10.1 the tegra chipset seemed very sluggish with the tab ipad 2 flew , and on another point .
shadowgun on my tab was tegra2 great new game , still felt sluggish ,so,as an experiment a put it on my galaxy s2 and used chainfire 3d to mimic shadowgun , and also used 32bit textures and 16x aa , it was still smotther than the tab ;)
Yes it will use TBR which is one of the main reasons I like it. I really want a TBR card for my PC again but not much chance of that any time soon.

it will be a great gaming device for 95% that will be buying it - but if your looking for this gen console quality on any tablet then forget about it. Hardcore gaming on mobile devices baffles me.

not all of us has the option of sitting down at our uber spec pc`s . I work abroad a lot and cant lug around my desktop , which is why i just sold it , i am not asking for amazing gaming machines but something decent would be good , thats why i am looking at VITA .

not all of us has the option of sitting down at our uber spec pc`s . I work abroad a lot and cant lug around my desktop , which is why i just sold it , i am not asking for amazing gaming machines but something decent would be good , thats why i am looking at VITA .

VITA makes the most sense - great hardware and software.

Jesus, be realistic, of course youre not going to get modern gaming console quality on a tablet yet... tablet and mobile technology is around 5 years behind PC in terms of horsepower. What you will get is a tablet that does everything a tablet does, AND plays 3D games at acceptable rates with good graphics. The VITA is a mobile console that LOOKS like a handheld console, PSP-esque, it is not for people who want to buy a tablet.

Hands-on: Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime

Asus-Eee-Pad-Transformer-Prime-27.jpg

Back
Top Bottom