ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 2

Oh there is a GPS chip, it just doesn't work, the Aluminium case is being blamed..

Lol. How does this stuff get through testing. Are they seriously suggesting that at no point in its entire development has anyone turned on the GPS to check that it works?

A mate of mine was round yesterday with the original Transformer. Its a very nice piece of kit, but I cant help thinking its more than the price of a laptop...

Windows 8 cant get here quick enough, tbh.

Lol. How does this stuff get through testing. Are they seriously suggesting that at no point in its entire development has anyone turned on the GPS to check that it works?

A mate of mine was round yesterday with the original Transformer. Its a very nice piece of kit, but I cant help thinking its more than the price of a laptop...

Windows 8 cant get here quick enough, tbh.

I know I don't get how simple things like GPS can get through development testing.

Not really interesting in windows 8, installed it on my laptop a while ago and hated it.

Quite happy with android on a tablet, I have a laptop if I need windows. But unless the horrible windows 8 start menu is gone I'll be sticking with 7.

I also use splashtop remote desktop if I need to use windows on my tablet.

oh ok. How are you finding it richardirv - any highlights/disappointments?

So far bud, I am happy, GPS is niggling at me and I'm not sure at this point what I am going to do. ie Send it back and not sell my TF101.

I really don't want to do that because I do love it. Screen bleed is really not an issue like I said before I have not noticed it at all apart from when its booting.

Its quick and smooth, camera is much better than the TF101, flash is a nice edition.

Its nice to hold & lighter than the TF101.

Looking forward to ICS & got everything crossed the GPS can be fixed?

So far bud, I am happy, GPS is niggling at me and I'm not sure at this point what I am going to do. ie Send it back and not sell my TF101.

I really don't want to do that because I do love it. Screen bleed is really not an issue like I said before I have not noticed it at all apart from when its booting.

Its quick and smooth, camera is much better than the TF101, flash is a nice edition.

Its nice to hold & lighter than the TF101.

Looking forward to ICS & got everything crossed the GPS can be fixed?

The GPS sounds more like a hardware issue tbh :( I wouldn't have much hope of a software fix. Can't say i've ever used it on the tf101 however so while it's bad, if that's the only major negative it could be a lot worse :)

One thing I have noticed in fluorescent lights at work the outside is a fingerprint magnet, and somehow I have managed to lightly scratch it, despite being very careful with it like I am with all my tech.

Got a feeling this will be getting sent back to Dixons or Asus as a matter of principle regarding the GPS anyway, in the hope that a replacement will be better. Some people are not having any issues with GPS which I find very strange..

Been looking at getting one of these but I have a question...

Played with a few on display in stores and all of them have exhibited a nasty shearing and drop out of the picture on BBC iPlayer.

Is this a known issue?

Solved by firmware update or such like?

Been looking at getting one of these but I have a question...

Played with a few on display in stores and all of them have exhibited a nasty shearing and drop out of the picture on BBC iPlayer.

Is this a known issue?

Solved by firmware update or such like?

This is a problem with Adobe Flash rather then the tablet, basically Adobe completely suck at developing for something other than Windows.

Back
Top Bottom