Asus MW221U 22" Ghosting in games.

Permabanned
My doesn't ghost but I've now notice that when I first turn on the monitor it flickers a little bit and continues on and off for about 10 minutes.

Associate
Anyone been successful with an RMA request? Getting a bit sick of being pushed from pillar to post tbh :( My initial purchase contract is with Overclockers.co.uk not Asus, so as purchase law stands overclockers should be issuing us ghosters with replacements.

Soldato
OP
Ive been issued with an RMA Number today and been told to rind a number to arrange collection.

They provide an RMA Number mine is GKxxxxxxx, I ring up the number and they are a company called CRC who do the repairs for Asus. The problem is they say all numbers must start GCxxxxxxx :confused:

Waiting on a response from the Asus guy again..

Associate
glad you said that as I have just been emailed the form from Asus but need to do it when I get home (no Excel at work :( )

The guy on the phone mentioned that they may be able to do a straight swap upon collection, which would be fantastic :)

Soldato
OP
After re-reading the email ... further down it seems that Asus has actually booked the collection from me for tomorrow to be delivered directly to Asus HQ and not to CRC and then re-colection from them for Friday. Its a very confusing email the first paragraph tells you to ring CRC and arrange your collection. I think its a standard email and he should have erased the top part.

Associate
Just sent my form off via email so hopefully I should receive a response some time tomorrow, we will then see if they are a saint or sinner for PC Zone's watchdog :p

Associate
Me too have the ghosting problem :mad:

Ok so I've managed to download and view in Windows Media player.

And my screen IS also showing the Ghosting effect, it's quite bad infact. (About 1cm either side of the lighthouse it has a much lighter gray ghost)

(I've not noticed it in other games)

Even if I slow down the clip it is just as bad (I thought maybe it was actually on the recorded image?!)

I've tried switching to a lower resoultion that supports 75mhz and that makes no difference.

I also tried all the available 'Splendid' settings and that made no difference.

Have you RMA'ed yours and got a new one - can you confirm the new one DOES NOT GHOST any more?

Seems like I may have to also!

Soldato
Devious said:
After re-reading the email ... further down it seems that Asus has actually booked the collection from me for tomorrow to be delivered directly to Asus HQ and not to CRC and then re-colection from them for Friday. Its a very confusing email the first paragraph tells you to ring CRC and arrange your collection. I think its a standard email and he should have erased the top part.
Yes I got the same email. Mine is being picked up tomorrow too. My screen has got noise/shadowing on the desktop but I suspect they will just apply the same "fix" to all all screens. It will be interesting to see what the results are...

Soldato
OP
IT Troll said:
Yes I got the same email. Mine is being picked up tomorrow too. My screen has got noise/shadowing on the desktop but I suspect they will just apply the same "fix" to all all screens. It will be interesting to see what the results are...

Yeah it will be interesting .. yours seems to have something else wrong to mine though, maybe they will replace yours.

I got another email from Asus and he said he should have deleted the top half of the email.

The only thing im wondering now is whether to send the whole package back or just the screen. I recently RMA'd an Asus motherboard and only got the actual board back with non of the components :mad:

Associate
I'd keep your cables and manuals and stuff if they aren't swapping it directly :)

I will be trolling this forum for news on how the replacement panels works out :)

Soldato
OP
Plodicus said:
I'd keep your cables and manuals and stuff if they aren't swapping it directly :)

I will be trolling this forum for news on how the replacement panels works out :)

I dont know if they are swapping it or not with it going to Asus instead of the repair company CRC.

Associate
Hmm I just ordered the Asus and I am expecting it on Monday. Is it best to avoid? I want a good 22" wih built in speakers for £300 or less and the asus is perfect.

Associate
Hey guys could you do me a big favour?

As soon as you get your replacement screens can you run the Ghosting test again to confirm it is fixed?

Now I know what I'm looking for I HAVE noticed this problem in Battlefield 2142 (The dark wheels on the little jeeps cause this effect) and I really cannot live with this problem.

Its a big shame as I sold my old 19" Monitor (one of a Matching Pair for dual screen) to help pay for this one! - and this was an old 16ms screen that did NOT Have any issues!

Does the Belinea 22" have this problem?

Associate
I just called the UK Support line (0870-120-8340) and the Guy the other end was 'unaware' of any known issues or any Firmware update.. He asked me to fill in the online contact us form.. Lets hope someone there knows!

Associate
Hi subaru_swift,

Did you get a defective one or are you just testing your original?

Have you run the avi that Devious posted ? (Cos I didnt notice any ghosting until I saw his video, then I knew what I was looking for and saw it all over the place)

If you are testing a replacement, how long did it take (do they swap or were you without for a while) and when it came back was it the same monitor (ie same serial number thus they just firmware upgraded)

Sorry for so many questions, but I have 3 friends who are all interested in buying this (or other 22") monitors.

And if there are only a few dud ones that need upgrading then this should not put people off as it is a very nice screen otherwise.

Associate
hi mate now worries you ask away ! i would.

i am using my original asus & yes i have watched the avi as above & no ghosting as yet !, well there is a fine little little bit but nothing worth talking about !!!...... .

but it might be my eyes ???.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Shaddow said:

As soon as you get your replacement screens can you run the Ghosting test again to confirm it is fixed?
QUOTE]

I have a feeling it may be the first thing we will do ;)

Admiral Huddy said:
Looks like you are all saying that the Asus is the one to avoid :(

All will be revealed when I get the monitor back. I know id rather have a working Asus than the the other models as they all look ugly IMO.

Soldato
OP
Shaddow said:

I have a feeling it may be the first thing we will do ;)

Admiral Huddy said:
Looks like you are all saying that the Asus is the one to avoid :(

All will be revealed when I get the monitor back. I know id rather have a working Asus than the the other models as they all look ugly IMO.

Back
Top Bottom