Asus P5W DH Deluxe - doesn't support Conroe out of box?

daz.wallace said:
well my chip arrived this morning :D

No idea what bios is on it though, hopefully its the right one :o

I got a small packet this morning.

Ripped it open excitedly to find a small pack of cable ties I had forgotten buying on that well known auction site.

THE most UNDERWHELMING package I have ever opened.

Current board information

I bought this from another retailer close to me (as Overclockers havent got stock) and this is stock that has only just come into them and it has BIOS 701 already.

So this would uggest any new stock would also have 701

Trickster63 said:
I bought this from another retailer close to me (as Overclockers havent got stock) and this is stock that has only just come into them and it has BIOS 701 already.

Excellent news. I didn't think Asus would drag their feet resolving this one.

Trickster63 said:

You'd think, I just received one, just came back in stock from a big supplier and its 401 :(

Last edited:
Trickster63 said:

Sorry my bad hinting at other etailors or w/e deleted anyway SORRY

HELLO EVERYONE HAVE A NICE DAY

Last edited:
New motherboard BIOS revision

libotte said:
would that be a certain company near bolton? coz its close to me and cheaper just didnt want to pay postage 2 times. bought a celeron to update anyway come in handy as a spare since its my first time ocing

Nope they are near Portsmouth

Just changed my order to a competitor who had these both in stock AND guaranteeing Bios 701. Cheaper as well, enough even to negate paying an extra delivery charge.

Had to really, as that git at Asus 'Riz' is clearly refusing to talk to me anymore unless I have a serial number, and I'm not going to pull my hair out for 2-3 days waiting for him with all my components laid out and unable to build.

I noticed on the other site about it being bios version 701. I really dont think im gonna buy this board now though, Asus have peed me off with all this, malarky, and ignoring peoples emails is not on.

In fact they can shove it, I'll get a cheaper better Gigabyte. At leasts it has a chipset dedicated to Conroe. :p

Jimbo said:
I noticed on the other site about it being bios version 701. I really dont think im gonna buy this board now though, Asus have peed me off with all this, malarky, and ignoring peoples emails is not on.

In fact they can shove it, I'll get a cheaper better Gigabyte. At leasts it has a chipset dedicated to Conroe. :p

Yeah. You tell 'em Jimbo! :p

I would have changed as well if Asus hadn't already made me their bitch with all those lovely features on the board.

shodan said:
Yeah. You tell 'em Jimbo! :p

I would have changed as well if Asus hadn't already made me their bitch with all those lovely features on the board.

I have a funny feeling my board will have the 701 bios on it when it comes, if it doesn't I have the new chip so everything will still be good to go though.

Now where are these conroes........................

Well, my boards turned up today from another e-tailer. Both had the old BIOS so just sent off the serials to Asus. Now the E6600's have been delayed, am not too bothered if I don't get a BIOS in the next few days.

mine arrived yesterday with 701 [not from OCUK]

however some packaging did not look pristine, everything was sealed and ununsed but I am unsure if supplier may have flashed it, is there a sticker on mobo that would confirm original shipped bios ? [apologies if already asked/answered]

1st impressions with my 805 are good, can get 3.8 gig stable for benchies withing 15 mins of finalising fresh os install

Stephen B said:

however some packaging did not look pristine, everything was sealed and ununsed but I am unsure if supplier may have flashed it, is there a sticker on mobo that would confirm original shipped bios ? [apologies if already asked/answered]

1st impressions with my 805 are good, can get 3.8 gig stable for benchies withing 15 mins of finalising fresh os install

Mine's coming tomorrow from a competitor and they told me they are flashing all their stock themselves, so it doesn't sound as though Asus are supplying retailers with 0701 bios boards yet.

Stephen B said:

The bios chip will have the original bios No on.

Though, Its proberbly more likely they have requested a load of bios chips from Asus and swapped them over rather than seting up each mobo for flashing.

Ive had two P5W's and non of the box packaging had a seal, nor did the mobo anti static bag, only the accessories did.

:(
Just got my supposive letter from asus which was suppose to contain the bios chip.....

First it didnt look like anything was in there (which there wanst) it wrote ASUS on the letter so i thought it might be some registering confirmation letter but when i looked at the slipped inside it...

Inside this envelope there is a bios for your P5WDH deluxe board. after recieving this new bios chipplease send the old bios chip back to a below address.

i immediately ran after the post man and asked but he said that its the machine that might have done it......

i feel like crying but i dont want to in front of my mum....

Back
Top Bottom