Asus Prime X370-Pro Owner's thread

Associate
I've spent a good couple of hours playing with the the ram speeds - I still can't go over 2666(7), but have tightened my timings down to 14, 15,15, 30.

It really doesn't seem to matter what timings I enter for 3000 or 3200 - it just won't do it :( ... yet!

Associate
Ive had no problems with my B-die 3000c14 ripjawz v, currently running 3200 14-14-14-34 on this board. Ive updated to 0515, but haven't had any issues with any bios revision so far.

Soldato
I've spent a good couple of hours playing with the the ram speeds - I still can't go over 2666(7), but have tightened my timings down to 14, 15,15, 30.

It really doesn't seem to matter what timings I enter for 3000 or 3200 - it just won't do it :( ... yet!
i have similar issue. my ram is 3866 xmp and i cant get past 2400mhz even though i can tighten timings to 12-12-12-28. even after 515 bios update.

Soldato
I have Team Group night hawk 3000 MHZ 2x16GB running at 2933MHz with 18-20-20-20-40 timings. Timings are a bit loose but it's still rated speed so I am happy enough. I tried testing performance difference by loosening timings even more and it made no difference.

As most have found out by now, Ryzen prefers speed more than timings. So don't be afraid to go very loose on the timings to get the MHz up.

0515 is reporting accurate temps now on my 1700X and the long time prior to reaching post screen is improved. Much better and happier now with this board.

Soldato
Well, FINALLY done with shifting terabytes of data around, and FINALLY my 64gb HyperX has arrived at home, so hopefully I can FINALLY close my frigging pc and just use it now :)

Soldato
I have the 64gb in and have run several hours of aida64 memory testing without a failure.

However, I got a blue screen when I was running an acronis image and tried opening settings for another. While I am sure I need to re-install due to all my shifting around over the weekend and swapping between raid and AHCI (As acronis seemed to slow down drastically over weekend), I noticed when I was looking in the error logs that there was some power management error/warning against core 15 due to firmware issue - it's words.

Has anyone else seen these errors in event viewer since going to 0511?

I never saw any error like that on 0504. I should not have done both putting in memory and firmware upgrade at same time...

Soldato
I have the 64gb in and have run several hours of aida64 memory testing without a failure.

However, I got a blue screen when I was running an acronis image and tried opening settings for another. While I am sure I need to re-install due to all my shifting around over the weekend and swapping between raid and AHCI (As acronis seemed to slow down drastically over weekend), I noticed when I was looking in the error logs that there was some power management error/warning against core 15 due to firmware issue - it's words.

Has anyone else seen these errors in event viewer since going to 0511?

I never saw any error like that on 0504. I should not have done both putting in memory and firmware upgrade at same time...

I would have done the same. Are you running any overclocks? If so, this is why I am waiting a few months as I don't want to put the time in to overclock and then keep updating the BIOS as things change.

Maybe run it at stock for a few months and see if things settle down. at least your know it isn't anything wrong hardware wise, just BIOS.

and yea... if your messing around with AHCI, you might need a fresh install of windows too.

Soldato
Not overclocking, no.

That waits until I am sure am stable.

And even then I will likely wait as well as don't want to be doing it over and over again,like yourself.

Soldato
Reinstalled, everything stable by the look of things - overnight aida64 stressing everything but hard drives.

Have noticed one of my drives needs replacing like yesterday. Another showing early stage signs of corruption.

So will replace one tonight. Can't complain too much about it as it's five years old.

Soldato
Hmm I turned the machine off now but their in there. Default is balanced there is anther to changes to red called optimal.

Hit the disappearing SSD bug tonight. Upgraded windows to Creators update, turned off watched the football. then when I turned it back on again it went straight to the bios and there was no SSD present. Loaded defaults and it was back.

Also having only today found out what DOCP was... I was curious so tried it.... The PC wouldn't boot with the profile loaded. Just beeped and restated about 4 times before eventually saying overclock failed.

I wasn't expecting it to work.... but I hope Asus get to the bottom of all these issues.

Soldato
Lets hope

been putting it through its paces a bit with productivity related tasks. It's great being able to assign 16Gb to my dev VM, and not have the system, feel it in the least :D

Soldato
I think I check the Asus Bios page about 100 times a day! :D

Are we confident that one day my 3200Mhz ram will just be as easy as setting the DOCP profile in the bios and booting up?

I'm hopeful... but with the amount of ram I have, i'll be happy with 2666, but would love to hit 2933.

Soldato
Well it's only been a month so we can't give up just yet.

We got two AGESA BIOS updates still to come from AMD. The second of which is targeted at better ram speed. But that won't be available until May/June depending on Asus schedule.

Associate
OP
The other day I noticed that my motherboard RGB lights were still on when I turned the PC off so I turned them off completely from the bios.

Last night in the dark I noticed a light flashing behind my PC when it was switched OFF. The flashing light is where the Ethernet port is (my Ethernet cable is plugged in).

Is it supposed to flash when the computer is off, is anyone else's Ethernet light flashing when their computer is off?

Associate
The other day I noticed that my motherboard RGB lights were still on when I turned the PC off so I turned them off completely from the bios.

Last night in the dark I noticed a light flashing behind my PC when it was switched OFF. The flashing light is where the Ethernet port is (my Ethernet cable is plugged in).

Is it supposed to flash when the computer is off, is anyone else's Ethernet light flashing when their computer is off?

Think your find that it's part of the wake on Lan

Back
Top Bottom