Asus Prime X370-Pro Owner's thread

Associate
Can someone tell me if this board supports P-state overclocking?

Also, does anyone run Corsair cmk16gx4m2b3000c15 successfully @2933mhz?

Associate
Can someone tell me if this board supports P-state overclocking?

Also, does anyone run Corsair cmk16gx4m2b3000c15 successfully @2933mhz?

I have cmk16gx4m2b3200c16 and can't run that @2933, even with lose timings and Soc Volts + .125

Best is still 2661 @ 14, 15, 15, 30 - I use XMP on, select 2666 and enter timings - you might have to make them loser at first and then come down to CL14

Only time Windows ran long enough for me to do anything (on 2933) I found in Aida64 that my latency was rubbish and mem transfer speed was SLOWER than running at 2661 CL14

I've noticed that often when mem OCing fails, it seems to fail at the same point - for me it seems to happen just before I can get to entering my password - black screen and reboot....what is Windows doing when this happens? What makes it fail when it does? Why does it run ok until that first screen pops up (in most cases)?

I might turn my logging on and see whats happening when I get a chance.....that is unless anyone else already know!

Soldato
I hope I haven't shot my self in the foot with this board. Hoping in the log run my 3200Mhz ram will one day just work via the DOCP profile.

Otherwise it's a good board... just needs a lot of work done to the BIOS.

Soldato
I noticed the marketing blurb/info on this boated has dropped the OC 3000 and 3200 claims here on OCUK. My main reason for choosing this board was that it would suit the 3000 DDR RAM I bought at the same time.

I thought I had my team group night hawk doing 2933 but it turns out not stable when I got some random reboots. 2666 works fine but its not the rated speed.

Next time OCUK drop any manufacture claims from this boards marketing material, it should be the word PREMIUM.

Associate
Ram overclocking is a problem with all am4 boards at the moment, while gigabyte seems to overclock more than others rumors are that the latest Agesa update nullifies gigabytes modifications in that regard. However AMD have posied an Agesa update in may that *should* fix memory compatability issued and hopefully all ram will work as expected, not just Samsung BDie kits.
As far as my experienece goes, this board is very good. I have my system running at 3.7ghz, at 1.18 voltage, 3200mhz c14 rock solid stable. 3.8 runs at 1.25, while 3.9 requires 1.3+ (didnt bother testing a stable voltage, 1.325 did work with cinebench but i didnt try a prime run). However the performance gain over 3.7 wasnt noticeable enough outside of cinebench to justify the voltage and temperature for 24/7. I did notice that i had around 1420 points in cinebecnh at 3.7 with the stock cooler, while when i put my u14s on i got around 1650. The stock fan temps shouldnt have been throttling my cpu(temps in the 60s).
Going to see how low i can drop the voltage for a stable 24/7, as even during prime95, the system rarely hits 1.18vcore. Would also like to see if i can hit c13 or c12.

Soldato
Yep. there are two big bios updates coming from AMD, one this month and one next month, with next months solely focused on improving DDR4 overclockablity.

So lets just cross our fingers that things get sorted out. It has only been 4 weeks at the end of the day.

Soldato
I posted this in the Ryzen thread but it's applicable here too:

Just found this randomly. It's a quote from someone that works for AMD saying the April Bios update should start hitting boards from April 11th and it should help get ram up to 3200Mhz....With another bios to come in May.

Associate
I posted this in the Ryzen thread but it's applicable here too:

Just found this randomly. It's a quote from someone that works for AMD saying the April Bios update should start hitting boards from April 11th and it should help get ram up to 3200Mhz....With another bios to come in May.

Thanks for posting that - it gives me some hope then!

Soldato
New Bios is out: Version 0604 - Update AGESA to 1.0.0.4a (or 'A Geezer' for some of you ;))

Faith restored! I'm sure Asus is going to get this board in to tip top shape over the coming months!!

A little bit of background on this update.

The big update will be the AGESA 1.0.0.5 in May.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The new bios has done nothing for my memory, I still can't get past 2666 mhz on DOCP.

It has a new feature under RGB where you can choose to have the RGB lights off when the PC is off.

Last edited:
Associate
I got my ram to 2933 cl14,16,16,16,34 but I had to increase Soc Volts by offset 0.08125.

I can't get 2666 on the settings I used to use, but guess it may work with the increased volts - but I hate changing volts on things!

Reboots much quicker than before.

There is a new setting in Dram Timings - ProcODT - anyone know what it is?

Soldato
Was just coming to post. You guys f5'ing the page constantly?

I'm down to just a few times a day myself :D

And just after got everything running at 4ghz...

Oh well, first thing to try is the ram.

Soldato
Well, already managed to post at 2666.

Something I had never managed before.

I did have the ram v voltage at 1,4v though, and dropped that and a couple other bits and then couldn't post, so will have to play with all individually to find out what it is I need to up to get it to post.

Still, reassuring. Doesn't mean I will get it stable at that, but it's moving in the right direction

Soldato
The new bios has done nothing for my memory, I still can't get past 2666 mhz on DOCP.

It has a new feature under RGB where you can choose to have the RGB lights off when the PC is off.
Try setting speeds yourself. It seems when you use docp, it defaults to 1t, but doing self seems to leave on 2t

Soldato
Well, i could get into windows with 2666, do some cinebench runs, but aida64 killed it.

That took putting the dram voltage up to 1.425v though :/

Still, obviously an improvement on before.

Soldato
Give it time. This BIOS is not actually an Asus update. It's an update pushed out by AMD to address some bugs in the CPU itself as well as reduce RAM latency.

I imagine we might see another BIOS from Asus this month with some Prime specific fixes then on to the next AGESA update from AMD that promises to be targeting RAM overclocking, so fingers crossed.

Associate
Well, i could get into windows with 2666, do some cinebench runs, but aida64 killed it.

That took putting the dram voltage up to 1.425v though :/

Still, obviously an improvement on before.

I may have refreshed that page occasionally!

You might try upping your Soc Volts instead of upping the ram Volts - worked for me - currently got Soc V offset +0.08125 and running at 2933, but thinking of going back to 2666 as it's faster with the cl14!

Back
Top Bottom