Asus Prime X370-Pro Owner's thread

Soldato
I got my ram to 2933 cl14,16,16,16,34 but I had to increase Soc Volts by offset 0.08125.

I can't get 2666 on the settings I used to use, but guess it may work with the increased volts - but I hate changing volts on things!

Reboots much quicker than before.

There is a new setting in Dram Timings - ProcODT - anyone know what it is?

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/30684883/

Soldato
I may have refreshed that page occasionally!

You might try upping your Soc Volts instead of upping the ram Volts - worked for me - currently got Soc V offset +0.08125 and running at 2933, but thinking of going back to 2666 as it's faster with the cl14!

I was already over 1.15v soc

Soldato
It seems I won the lottery getting this board over the MSI Carbon which aesthetically looks better.

The MSI lot complaining about lack of support and BIOS updates whilst we've had a steady stream since release.

Associate
I've shortlisted this motherboard alongside the ryzen 1700 and this Corsair 3200Mhz RAM: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...mhz-dual-channel-kit-white-led-my-48d-cs.html
By the sounds of it and by looking at the spec manual, I'm not likely to be able to run this RAM at 3200MHz with current BIOS. A shame but hopefully will be fixed with updates...

My new case doesn't have 5.25" optical bays which means I can't use my fan controller, is anyone able to tell me if the Fan Xpert 4 software allows fan speed to be adjusted when they are connected to the "2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (2 x 4 -pin)" ports?

Associate
Having a slight issue with the latest BIOS, previous to 0604 i could run 3200 13-13-13-28, now i cant get the CAS to be anything less than 14. Setting to 13-13-13-28 in the bios, comes out to 14-13-13-28 in CPUZ and hwinfo, anyone else had this issue?

Associate
OP
Anyone know which setting it is in the bios to turn off the Wake On LAN?

I have checked the 'turn system on by pcie' in the bios and the setting is already turned off but my Ethernet port is still flashing when my computer is off.

Soldato
Anyone having a problem with the lan port?
I can only get 100mbit

EDIT : Got it to work by introducing a switch from between the router and my PC.

Hmm that would indicate the issue is with the router rather than the mobo.

It sounds like your getting 1Gb from PC to switch, but then 100Mb from switch to router.

---

Sounds silly, but make sure your are plugged in to the gigabit port on the router. Some older routers only have 1 gigabit port.

---

The LAN drivers was one thing I did go to the Intel website and download as opposed to the Asus webpage. They where newer. Did you install the chipset driver form the AMD website?

Caporegime
My speed has gone up.
When I was direct to router my download speed was 100mb.

Plugged into my switch and suddenly I'm up to 200mb.

The router is absolutely fine, it's an asus, they're all 1gb ports.

Took switch out and it's still working properly.

Buggy as out.

Associate
OP
Damn my PC died again. I bought it three weeks ago and after 5 days my Palit 1070 died so they replaced it for an Msi Gaming X one. Today it died again, after a gaming session when exited to the desktop I saw some graphical artifacts on the screen and then it said windows 10 encountered a problem and needs to restart (video scheduler error), and after restarting itself all I got was a blank screen. I removed the plug for a while then turned it on but it power tripped about 5 times with double beeps sounding each time but nothing displays on the monitor anymore. After turning it on the monitor gets a signal after about 30 seconds but the screen stays blank.

Not sure it's the graphics card this time to be honest as it doesn't seem like it posts. Could be the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom