Asus Prime X370-Pro Owner's thread

Associate
We have a very similar setup except my PowerMac case is a functioning Mac Pro :)

You got a photo of your Ryzen build in there?
I have some pictures of the X58 build - never got round to taking some of the Ryzen system!

The Ryzen is in my 2nd G5 conversion - the backplate is much better and the SSDs are mounted underneath the motherboard. Missing the chime from the first one I converted!

Back in the day rocking a TX750M, i7 920, HIS 7850.
You can see the speaker for the boot chime in the second picture
8136495300_bbef5ee837_o_d.jpg
8136468091_5c8ba9d25f_o_d.jpg

Soldato
I have some pictures of the X58 build - never got round to taking some of the Ryzen system!
Great job... Looks way less cramped than the stock G5. I remember hating the crappy little fan that was in front of where you now have a PSU. The bold colour on the backplate's a good advertisement that it's a special machine!

I used to work as a game developer and ended up being given a surplus G5 some years after the odd situation where Macs were the original prototype for the Xbox 360! Used it for a home server for a while and then concluded it was too noisy and power hungry so passed it on.

Associate
For anyone interested:
Corsair vengeance white LED RAM (3200mhz) booted fine on bios 0502 (out of box) with 1700 booted at 2133Mhz initially.

After running 0604, set the XMP profile and managed 3.9GHz at 1.36875 vcore.

Further stability tests required but happy with that so far.
Quite impressed with FAN xpert software since my 2 series intel..

Associate
Does everyone use the ai suite/fan xpert for their board?

I haven't used it in years due to it being a pain in the butt but that was a long time ago. The reason I ask is that I have bought a Noctua D15s cooler with pwm fans. I usually use my Lamptron fan controller but in testing them together I noticed a bit more noise from the controller, while the motherboard was quieter and had a lower rpm range.

Associate
Does everyone use the ai suite/fan xpert for their board?

I haven't used it in years due to it being a pain in the butt but that was a long time ago. The reason I ask is that I have bought a Noctua D15s cooler with pwm fans. I usually use my Lamptron fan controller but in testing them together I noticed a bit more noise from the controller, while the motherboard was quieter and had a lower rpm range.
I've not used the windows application to control the fans because it ended up pulsing no matter the settings.
Rather annoying, so just used the BIOS fan setup. Works well

Associate
I've not used the windows application to control the fans because it ended up pulsing no matter the settings.
Rather annoying, so just used the BIOS fan setup. Works well

Well I have just uninstalled it as it screwed up my lan connection. Nothing has changed there then.

Associate
I see over on reddit that there have been a few beta bios releases for the CH6......hopefully that means we're close to an update...

Soldato
For anyone interested:
Corsair vengeance white LED RAM (3200mhz) booted fine on bios 0502 (out of box) with 1700 booted at 2133Mhz initially.

After running 0604, set the XMP profile and managed 3.9GHz at 1.36875 vcore.

Further stability tests required but happy with that so far.
Quite impressed with FAN xpert software since my 2 series intel..

Really? I've got Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz ram and the DOCP profile wont work. Just reboot loop then overclock failed.

Associate
Really? I've got Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz ram and the DOCP profile wont work. Just reboot loop then overclock failed.

I was a bit premature on my stability claim..
Windows boot's without issue with DOCP profile for me; 3200MHz... Though i was experiencing random video output fails.

I'm currently running on the default 2133MHz ram speed but now 3.9GHz at 1.375v; max temps with a 105 are 64oc (low fan speed).
I tried for 4.0Ghz but called it a day after still crashing at 1.425v.

I don't experience crashing at this RAM speed, so am assuming that a BIOS update will fix this in the future?!

Soldato
Windows boot's without issue with DOCP profile for me; 3200MHz... Though i was experiencing random video output fails.

I'm currently running on the default 2133MHz ram speed but now 3.9GHz at 1.375v; max temps with a 105 are 64oc (low fan speed).

I don't experience crashing at this RAM speed, so am assuming that a BIOS update will fix this in the future?!

That's the question we've all got. ;)

The next AGESA (A geezer) BIOS from AMD in May is targeted at improving ram speed so who knows....

Associate
I've had this board for a week and here's my experience:

1. I was getting black screens suddenly with the fans still going, even with no overclock going. After I uninstalled AI Suite 3 and Ryzen Master the system is stable.

2. I couldn't get the stock CPU settings back on my 1700 (stock 3.0ghz with turbo boost), even after CMOS reset it defaults to 3.2ghz with no turbo boost. No big deal as I have a stable overclock of 3.7ghz @ 1.275v

3. AURA RGB on the motherboard doesn't work properly when you open Ryzen Master. The RGB is a little buggy in general.

4. My ram, Trident Z RGB 3200mhz 16gb CL16 doesn't work past 2400mhz. BIOS recognizes one stick as 2000mhz and the other at 2133mhz.

Soldato
I've had this board for a week and here's my experience:

1. I was getting black screens suddenly with the fans still going, even with no overclock going. After I uninstalled AI Suite 3 and Ryzen Master the system is stable.

2. I couldn't get the stock CPU settings back on my 1700 (stock 3.0ghz with turbo boost), even after CMOS reset it defaults to 3.2ghz with no turbo boost. No big deal as I have a stable overclock of 3.7ghz @ 1.275v

3. AURA RGB on the motherboard doesn't work properly when you open Ryzen Master. The RGB is a little buggy in general.

4. My ram, Trident Z RGB 3200mhz 16gb CL16 doesn't work past 2400mhz. BIOS recognizes one stick as 2000mhz and the other at 2133mhz.

Not good really. Luckily I keep my system fairly minimal so only issues I have at the moment is a disappearing SSD occasionally when the system boots up and ram that wont go higher than stock 2133Mhz frequency.

We need some progress with BIOS updates at this point. Asus have gone quite since the last one 3 weeks ago.

Associate

Got my board running the following memory @ 2933Mhz

• Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 VERSION 5.39 [16-18-18-36 @ 1.35v]
I am currently using the 0515 bios but not upgrading until i see better and consistent feedback via various forums.

OC'd to 3.9Ghz stable at 1.425V on 1700X since Bios 0515 release date of 31/03/2017. (Sure i'd be able to lower voltages if i micro tweaked.)

Touch wood, no crashes or hangs yet.

Temps stable at 40 idle and 60ish full load eg playing Doom etc or running WPrime.

Associate
I have had this board for a couple of weeks - and have had no problems at all. It booted first time on BIOS V5.4 at 2133DDR (Corsair - see signature below) and I flashed up to V6.4 immediately then left everything at stock settings for a few days until I had finished installing all of my software. Then I switched to DOCP in the BIOS, couldn't get to 3200 (looping then o/c failed) but settled on 2933DDR at 1.2V where it is sitting just now. I know people are waiting for a BIOS update to unlock the full 3200DDR or higher - but I wonder if what is needed is the ability to change the memory command rate from T1 down to T2? CPU-Z shows the memory stuck at T1.
I don't know what is normal with AMD systems as this is my first time with them but previously I have changed the command rate on memory when overclocking on Intel systems to hit higher memory frequencies.

Associate
Has anyone here had terrible voltage drops/spikes? Typically I run my board with an overclock and custom voltages, but because of some OC issues I decided to roll back to stock. According to HWmontior, this is what it looks like after 15mins or so. (the cpu vcore min/max)

Anyone have similar experiences?
CjFzXkK.png

Soldato
@Yasha81 - I'm personally leaving all overclocking for the time being. I've set September as a rough date I'll start thinking about it.

Let the AMD and ASUS sort the bios a bit. Plus summer time is here... not going to be getting much game time over the next few months.

Soldato
I got my board today, no cpu yet as I hadn't made up my mind as you high one but I ordered a 1700 today, and I'm wondering what settings I need to changed for it to recognise the 960 evo I bought as well so I can use it as the windows drive? I've looked through the manual but can't see much. A youtube video fir a different ASUS board showed a setting to change to m.2 mode, but the manual doest list m.2 mode as an option for the equivalent setting on the X370.

Anyone able to enlighten me so I can get it all ip and running asap on Tuesday after work?

Back
Top Bottom