Asus Prime X370-Pro Owner's thread

Soldato
i am seriously considering changing mine for a biostar x370 gt7, it has clock gen, better vrm than the hero and i had a go with a gt5 version the other day and it seemed to be pretty good compared to the my asus and the hero i used for ln2.

Soldato
I got my board today, no cpu yet as I hadn't made up my mind as you high one but I ordered a 1700 today, and I'm wondering what settings I need to changed for it to recognise the 960 evo I bought as well so I can use it as the windows drive? I've looked through the manual but can't see much. A youtube video fir a different ASUS board showed a setting to change to m.2 mode, but the manual doest list m.2 mode as an option for the equivalent setting on the X370.

Anyone able to enlighten me so I can get it all ip and running asap on Tuesday after work?

I would expect it to be plug and play.

When you boot the PC for the first time, go in to the BIOS make sure the device is visible. After that you should be golden.

Last edited:
Associate
I got my board today, no cpu yet as I hadn't made up my mind as you high one but I ordered a 1700 today, and I'm wondering what settings I need to changed for it to recognise the 960 evo I bought as well so I can use it as the windows drive? I've looked through the manual but can't see much. A youtube video fir a different ASUS board showed a setting to change to m.2 mode, but the manual doest list m.2 mode as an option for the equivalent setting on the X370.

Anyone able to enlighten me so I can get it all ip and running asap on Tuesday after work?

Plug 'n' play - I have a 960 evo in m.2 as my winblows boot, it's fast!
Especially good if you're doing a fresh install, bios found it straight away

Associate
Only ASUS beta bios releases have been for CH6 - in fact I've just seen another one for them - 1201... I am getting to the point where I'm thinking about how much money I've paid, for something that essentially was not ready for release! Many of us have. While I do find it exciting to investigate my new hardware, and to play around with it, I just wish we were a little further along than we are now on our board - many other boards have been receiving incremental updates, but not us. I know the CH6 is the premium product and therefore gets more attention, but the Prime Pro is no cheap board either.... give us some bios love please ASUS (and AMD!):rolleyes:

Soldato
Guys, I'd forget about trying to achieve anything substantial on ram and wait for AGESA 1.0.0.6.

It looks to be making a massive difference - for me anyway.

It's slow coming, but it should be worth the wait. Hopefully not too much longer.

Back
Top Bottom