ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition: The Ultimate LGA2011 Motherboard

Have you done any overclocking yet? I use my ivb-e cpu with r4e since its lauch. Extremely stable. 1.24V 4.5G. Now testing with r4be, my computer shut down instantly during p95 test, increasing vcore to even 1.3v, still shut down instantly. Besides, I notice the voltage reading of vcore is incorrect from adia64, HWiNFO64, even asus probe. do you have such problem?

Others have noted the same thing, try increasing VTT and VCCSA voltages if you are running XMP/overclocked memory.

Also some have noted that any setting other than auto for LLC will result in reboots which seems to be a bios bug.

Please dont mention Tom Logan man!!!

Ok didn't realise til now (I checked your Haswell posts and saying no more), anyway I used him (wrongly) as a reference for how complex the board is. You have no fear and know waaaay more than the majority of us, that kinda blows me away and why I'm using this board to see what's possible. We shall learn from your honest advice as always :D

Have you done any overclocking yet? I use my ivb-e cpu with r4e since its lauch. Extremely stable. 1.24V 4.5G. Now testing with r4be, my computer shut down instantly during p95 test, increasing vcore to even 1.3v, still shut down instantly. Besides, I notice the voltage reading of vcore is incorrect from adia64, HWiNFO64, even asus probe. do you have such problem?

No as I am just in the process of completing a brand new Win 8.1 software build.

could you post a picture of adia64 'sensors' page?
Aida64 (latest beta version) only shows very few entries with R4BE.

Will do tomorrow.

Others have noted the same thing, try increasing VTT and VCCSA voltages if you are running XMP/overclocked memory.

Also some have noted that any setting other than auto for LLC will result in reboots which seems to be a bios bug.

what is the source of this info. could you post the link here?:D

Did you run P95 (and which version) on R4E? MY 4960X needs 1.26 for 4.4G and 1.36 for 4.5G. :)

Thing is uk get shafted every time like we don't matter with new tech then because there is a shortage the shops take advantage of it after all if it wasn't for us there would be no market for this,not blaming ocuk ive shopped with them for years and they will always be my number 1 as there customer support is second to none out there I blame asus plain and simple.

**** Asus man, you should Boycot them and just use your existing rig till Haswell-E. There will be much better boards than the R4EB. I mean there RMA is the worst also. I dont know why everyone licks there ass considering how badly they have treated the UK with this release.

Maybe his urgent investigation looking at worldwide stock distributions to evaluate why UK received so little takes more time than we thought, but what do I know? What I do know is that I won't receive mine until at least a month.

Raja's comments today on ROG forum give an insight into their great humour (oh how I laughed), how dare we hazard a guess at what has went on behind the scenes with these sarky comments.

And no kissing ass here In need, had bad experience with my Asus Phoebus in not being to play BF3 beyond 20 minutes at a time for 10 months due to poor drivers but that's another issue and very well known. Haswell E isn't happening until around Oct 2014 and I had already skipped 3rd and 4th gen CPUs to make it worth my while.

Raja's comments today on ROG forum give an insight into their great humour (oh how I laughed), how dare we hazard a guess at what has went on behind the scenes with these sarky comments.

Wow...

Yea no wonder Mr Orange hasn't gotten us an update yet. None of their staff give a ****, its obviously more important for them to be making jokes about the UK customers who have hundreds of pounds tied up in pre orders when nobody can even give us a date when the next shipment will arrive.

Wow...

Yea no wonder Mr Orange hasn't gotten us an update yet. None of their staff give a ****, its obviously more important for them to be making jokes about the UK customers who have hundreds of pounds tied up in pre orders when nobody can even give us a date when the next shipment will arrive.

Exactly, they wont be getting my money,they can shove there board up there ass. Im a patient person so ill just wait and what i have now can max anygame out anyhow, its all about the gpu and as long as your cpu aint bottlenecking your cpus performance then all is good. As for Mr Orange he is just like the rest of the reps at Asus, he dont give a damn, cause if he did he woulda posted.

Last edited:
go for x79 dark, friends, you are now very clear about asus's product quality, service and attitude. why bother waiting?

Last edited:
Maybe his urgent investigation looking at worldwide stock distributions to evaluate why UK received so little takes more time than we thought, but what do I know? What I do know is that I won't receive mine until at least a month.

And no kissing ass here In need, had bad experience with my Asus Phoebus in not being to play BF3 beyond 20 minutes at a time for 10 months due to poor drivers but that's another issue and very well known. Haswell E isn't happening until around Oct 2014 and I had already skipped 3rd and 4th gen CPUs to make it worth my while.

you have to love those sarky comments LOL move to america where every nutter can get a gun and terrorists want to bomb you constantly, and no health care unless you can pay for it.

On second thoughts maybe not lol

go for x79 dark, friends, you are now very clear about asus's product quality, service and attitude. why bother waiting?

The only reason i wont go for the Dark is because it overvolts and there are problems with the Bios. Otherwise i woulda purhcased one.

Yes, it;s 12+ hrs p95 stable on my old r4e. p95 is v28.1 with AVX.

Wow, then it's an awesome chip. Congrats :)

While waiting for R4BE I'm not even sure I need it anymore. Sure it will look awesome but that's pretty much about it for me. I've been running 4960X with RIVE for three months I think with zero issues. Also using 32 GB 1866 RAM so not much to be gained unless I get a fast 16 GB kit.

I am also currently running 3-way SLI with a space between each card using ASRock's customized bridge. This config would not even work with R4BE. ;)

Problem is if a date had come through saying it would be directly after Christmas then I might wait but I think they are not going to get any before Christmas now and even worse if there is no date before Christmas I think they won't get any until at least mid Jan maybe end of and that's almost four months my order has been in for at that point, at some point you have to say enoughs enough (especially as this was a birthday present for November lol)

So I will wait until next week to see if any confirmed dates arrive as I'm now second in the queue and if none do I will cancel my order, there is no point in waiting anymore if the dates are just moving further and further back.

Back
Top Bottom