ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Just been playing with the settings and using the Blue Light Filter Set to Level 1 looks better to my eyes at the moment, as it looks to be better on white / whiter / greyer websites but I notice it does put the monitor back in racing mode for that.

Associate
i got my LG oled this weekend. didnt have much time to use it, but fired it up today and for some reason the blacks on the monitor looked weird (pixelated in certain areas when viewing content) and generally looked grey.
so i did a Eizo monitor test and on the black uniformity test there was a weird white smudge at the bottom (attached two pics) it looks more pronounced than it is in the dark pic.

i sent an email to overclockers asking about this, but then i decided to do a pixel refresh on the screen and now it seems to be back to normal.

does anyone know what this was? do i need to return.

all settings are normal and my other monitor is working completely fine.

https://imgbb.com/qFB2T26
https://imgbb.com/vBWHRN9

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Wow that's not good, I just tested mine with the same test and it seems to be normal. I'd see what OCUK say but I would have thought the pixel refresh should have corrected it.

Associate
Wow that's not good, I just tested mine with the same test and it seems to be normal. I'd see what OCUK say but I would have thought the pixel refresh should have corrected it.
seems to be normal after pixel refresh. hoping someone will know what it is and if i should return or not. seems to be ok but will use it all day tomorrow to see.

Associate
interesting, i have a 4090 and am using the updated firmware MCM103. maybe if i have more issues i will go back to the old one.

I really don't know what's going on with their version numbers, but it looks like the MCM103 also maybe had some hotfix, because it's date changed to 4/10, whereas originally I think it was released on 3/30 or so. For now I'll assume that I should install the MCM103, even though the MCM102 has newer date.

Associate
I really don't know what's going on with their version numbers, but it looks like the MCM103 also maybe had some hotfix, because it's date changed to 4/10, whereas originally I think it was released on 3/30 or so. For now I'll assume that I should install the MCM103, even though the MCM102 has newer date.
if you download MCM102 the actual file is dated 20230309 (9th March 2023).

Associate
For a company that primarily makes motherboards, you’d think they’d have a decent grip on conventions of firmware updating. They also had trouble with naming/releasing/notes for the PG42UQ & 48UQ, where it appears they’ve now just given up. I like Asus and rarely if ever have trouble with their other products, but they seem a little intimidated by OLED.

Associate

I'm not surprised that Asus PG27AQDM won. I picked up mine yesterday and was pretty blown away by it. I played about an hour of The Last of Us Part 1 in HDR and it was an amazing experience, especially because it was the first time I played a game in HDR. Also tried an HDR movie and it looked amazing as well.

Associate
I just tried this test image: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php
The squares 2 and 3 are extremely faint, but I think they are very slightly visible, so I would say there's no black crush.
Thanks. I guess Asus is the right choice, especially when Vincent compared the brightness between Asus and LG and what a difference!

You also tried the Brightness Uniformity?

Back
Top Bottom