ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 144hz 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync.

Associate
Another bad product! I fooled myself for 5minutes it could be the one. Dont get fooled with the bright images.

Monitor makers take note! I the consumer wants a ips/oled/varient monitor that does <5ms, gsync 1440p or 4k, That has NO ghosting NO back light bleeding LOW ips glow NO bloody dirt au optronics, and lg seem to really not care

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just got round to setting up mine. I took some photos of it next to my Dell U2913wm. Sorry if they are a bit blurry, damn phone wouldn't focus properly.

Is this level of glow normal? I thought my U2913wm wasn't great, but this screen has way more! It looks basically grey when my dell looks relatively black.

Especially looking at an angle from the left. Plus the screen has 2 easily identifiable dead pixels, one at the top/centre and one bottom left :mad:

Don't panic man, OcUK have you covered with this monitor :cool:

- OcUK Exclusive Service: Warranty regarding dead pixels falls under ISO rules and as such dead pixels if very few are not an actual fault. But at OcUK we value our customers especially when spending such a large amount of money on what is a flagship gaming monitor. As such even if you only have 1 dead/stuck pixel and it has not gone after 3 days, we will class the monitor as faulty and exchange it for you at no cost to you. This service is exclusive at OcUK for Asus ROG Swift ONLY or other qualifying monitors! (Valid for 28 days from purchase)!

Stunning work tbh, afaik no-one else does this :cool:

Soldato

- OcUK Exclusive Service: Warranty regarding dead pixels falls under ISO rules and as such dead pixels if very few are not an actual fault. But at OcUK we value our customers especially when spending such a large amount of money on what is a flagship gaming monitor. As such even if you only have 1 dead/stuck pixel and it has not gone after 3 days, we will class the monitor as faulty and exchange it for you at no cost to you. This service is exclusive at OcUK for Asus ROG Swift ONLY or other qualifying monitors! (Valid for 28 days from purchase)!

Sadly we dont have any who does this in Denmark so good on OCUK for providing it to their customers. Though i always just keep all the plastic on it and use my own power cables so i can return it within 14 days and since its not touched besides the bare minimum i always get 100% refund.. Buying monitors is the part i hate the most about PC building/gaming due to the very misleading spec sheets(1.000.000 dynamic contrast? GTFO) and fault tolerance of dead pixels. I cannot stand a single dead pixel and it will keep me distracted the whole time.

To me if a single pixel isnt working then the monitor is not 100% functional and therefor not as adverticed. I know the law doesnt look at it this way but atleast we got that 14 days of return for net purchases.

Last edited:
Associate

Yeah thanks, I knew of this already, one of the reasons I bought from OCUK. I really wanted a good first one though, getting it swapped is a hassle and no guarantee the new one will be better.

Could anyone who also has this monitor, do an angle shot of a black background like I did? I want to see what level of glow is normal for this monitor.

Soldato
Yeah thanks, I knew of this already, one of the reasons I bought from OCUK. I really wanted a good first one though, getting it swapped is a hassle and no guarantee the new one will be better.

Could anyone who also has this monitor, do an angle shot of a black background like I did? I want to see what level of glow is normal for this monitor.

Glow does not vary between individual units that use the same panel. Any variation you see in people's photographs or videos would be down to different camera setups and exposure levels or in some cases additional backlight bleed. If you are bothered by AHVA 'off-angle' in particular then lower the brightness as much as you can tolerate. New units will have exactly the same issue.

Associate
Just unboxed mine and plugged it in, no Dirt or dead pixels so far and minimal glow, wont bother me I think, just the bottom right thats the most noticable @ black screen in a dim room. And its not that orangey glow that I had on the Xb, its more of a silvery.

This is with brightness at 26 which gives close to 140cdm2

Associate
Something tells me if I go from my U3011 to this, I'm going to be severely disappointed...

Just gone from a U3014 and am very happy. It is a much lighter slimmer monitor so does feel comparatively smaller but in my mind its better in all departments.

Got to photo the U3014 up for online auction now..

Associate
Is this the same panel as the one used in the IPS Freesync version?

Also any idea when the tftcentral review is coming out?

Associate
Glow does not vary between individual units that use the same panel. Any variation you see in people's photographs or videos would be down to different camera setups and exposure levels or in some cases additional backlight bleed. If you are bothered by AHVA 'off-angle' in particular then lower the brightness as much as you can tolerate. New units will have exactly the same issue.

Really? Because I'm looking at the tftcentral reviews for both the MG279Q and XB270HU and the "Backlight Leakage" pictures look way better than mine no matter what I try to do.

Soldato
Really? Because I'm looking at the tftcentral reviews for both the MG279Q and XB270HU and the "Backlight Leakage" pictures look way better than mine no matter what I try to do.

Yes, backlight leakage has nothing whatsoever to do with 'glow'. It's a completely different thing, although users often seem to use the terms interchangeably which is incorrect. The 'backlight leakage' shots show backlight bleed, which does vary between individual units. They are purposefully taken some distance from the monitor and at a perfectly central angle to eliminate any AHVA glow.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes, backlight leakage has nothing whatsoever to do with 'glow'. It's a completely different thing, although users often seem to use the terms interchangeably which is incorrect.

Yes I know that, I know the difference but in the "Backlight Leakage" photos it's a straight shot of both monitors so you can also see how much "glow" is present when looking straight at it. There appears to be very little glow looking straight at the monitors, yet on mine it's very obvious.

Soldato
See edit above. Glow is eliminated when you take those shots from a distance of >1.8m or so back on a monitor of this size and stay central. That is how they are taken - it's intentional. I know this as I am a monitor reviewer myself and am vastly experienced with such shots.

Associate
See edit above. Glow is eliminated when you take those shots from a distance of >1.8m or so back on a monitor of this size and stay central. That is how they are taken - it's intentional. I know this as I am a monitor reviewer myself and am vastly experienced with such shots.

Ah ok, fair enough. Well, with the brightness turned down a bit, I can just about handle the glow. Dead pixels I can't. Hopefully, I can get a pixel perfect replacement.

Back
Top Bottom