ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 144hz 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync.

Associate
My PC is used for gaming and photo editing. I have a Dell U2410, but I wanted to get something bigger.

a 32inch dell ultrasharp would be nice, but I think I should consider gaming too.

My research has led me to this monitor (Asus MG279Q) - is there any better/bigger monitor out there to compete? or have I come to the end of the line.

The only other thing I've come to is the Acer XR341CK

Last edited:
Associate
I've took the time to record and upload 12 videos on youtube of various games running at 144hz on the ROG SWIFT PG279Q IPS (not pushed 165hz yet).
It was mainly done to record what the eye see's regarding bleed and glow, as photos exaggerate certain effects.
Sorry about some crappy camerawork in some but it was a bit rushed and does get better.
The last few have the FPS running in the corner.
Mine has no dead pixels and zero backlight bleed. If you move your head to the top right corner you can see a small amount of IPS glow in the bottom right, but I can't see it in any games.
Judge for yourselves.

This Alien Isolation video flicks through all the options showing changes between the 6 preset modes.

Asus ROG SWIFT PG279Q 165hz IPS G-SYNC
Nvidia GeForce EVGA GTX 980ti
GeForce Hotfix driver 358.59
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3798
Stock settings on monitor
Nvidia GeForce Experience OPTIMAL settings and 7 Noctua 120's keeping inside like a fridge

Asus ROG SWIFT PG279Q Alien Isolation @ 144hz IPS PRESET MODES

https://youtu.be/8lhRkwutdrE

Asus ROG SWIFT PG279Q CSGO @ 144hz IPS G-SYNC

https://youtu.be/0SippvXdXFM

ALL VIDEOS

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuffinTMule

After 4 days testing on the games I am now off to enjoy my new monitor. The last few videos are still uploading but not be long.
Hope it helps someone make a decision and good luck in the lottery.

Games tested: GTA V (walking and driving), Witcher 3, Borderlands Pre Sequel, CSGO, Alien Isolation and 7 Days to Die.

Last edited:
Associate
After calibrating mine the best preset to calibrate is racing mode as that has the best colour accuracy. The other presets (apart from sRGB) have colour saturation as an option and don't look that great or accurate and you can mess the colours up even more changing that option. sRGB mode is okay but you obviously can't alter the backlight.

The greyscale, gamma and colours calibrate pretty much the same as my TN rog and end up with graphs almost the same.

Associate
After calibrating mine the best preset to calibrate is racing mode as that has the best colour accuracy. The other presets (apart from sRGB) have colour saturation as an option and don't look that great or accurate and you can mess the colours up even more changing that option. sRGB mode is okay but you obviously can't alter the backlight.

The greyscale, gamma and colours calibrate pretty much the same as my TN rog and end up with graphs almost the same.

Agree. Racing is the one I settled for.... that is until TFT setting come out to try

Associate
Just me or do the colors not look very "pop" or "vivid"?

My U2412M look more vivid than this one.

Both at similar brightness.

The monitor in racing mode covers sRGB nicely, it probably means your other monitor is oversaturating colours way past the sRGB colour space which is what you have got used to but it isn't accurate. Of course if you like oversaturated colours that's fine.

Associate
The monitor in racing mode covers sRGB nicely, it probably means your other monitor is oversaturating colours way past the sRGB colour space which is what you have got used to but it isn't accurate. Of course if you like oversaturated colours that's fine.

No its not oversaturated. Colours simply look kinda washed out or "dim".

Associate
got mine up and running today, initialy i thought i have a number of dead stuck pixels but it turns out its only 1, top third center of screen.

the backlight bleed is significant to the eye in all but the top left corner where it is at an acceptable level, the top right seems to fade away with slight pressure placed on the bezel but the bottom right is astonishingly bad, it almost fills the bottom half of the screen.

ill post some pics 2moro hopefully and maybe my stuck pixels decides to play ball.

Associate
got mine up and running today, initialy i thought i have a number of dead stuck pixels but it turns out its only 1, top third center of screen.

the backlight bleed is significant to the eye in all but the top left corner where it is at an acceptable level, the top right seems to fade away with slight pressure placed on the bezel but the bottom right is astonishingly bad, it almost fills the bottom half of the screen.

ill post some pics 2moro hopefully and maybe my stuck pixels decides to play ball.

You can get that swapped ..

OcUK Exclusive Service: Warranty regarding dead pixels falls under ISO rules and as such dead pixels if very few are not an actual fault. But at OcUK we value our customers especially when spending such a large amount of money on what is a flagship gaming monitor. As such even if you only have 1 dead/stuck pixel and it has not gone after 3 days, we will class the monitor as faulty and exchange it for you at no cost to you. This service is exclusive at OcUK for Asus ROG Swift ONLY or other qualifying monitors! (Valid for 28 days from purchase)!

Back
Top Bottom