ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 144hz 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync.

Soldato
I wish we had more of a release date to go off. Even the month would do.

I was unfortunate enough to try the Acer XB270HU. Frickin awesome screen, crap build and flooded with major issues.

After 3 attempts and 3 failures im now looking at the PG278Q. But it would be silly to buy that if the PG279Q comes out in like a months time.

I cant stand this awful screen tear I now have after upgrading my rig. Using a Dell U2711 at the moment, great monitor but cant keep up anymore it seems.

The thought of waiting and having to deal with it until potentially almost xmas is not appealing lol

I'd personally be surprised if it hasn't landed by October. Once TFT Central get their review sample that should hopefully give a better indication. That was supposed to mid-August... which is today lol.

Soldato
Very helpful, thanks.

I'd take a picture over speed any day. I've always had TN panels - are IPS panels generally far superior in terms of PQ? Can you see the IPS model being a lot more expensive?

While using the Swift for a couple of weeks (before sending it back for a refund). The colours were good, but the gamma shift was very noticeable. As were pixel inversion lines. I think when I go for another 27" or bigger screen again it's going to have to be IPS. But I won't be until the price drops, they get improved and theres more choice.

Right now I'm happy with a 24" G-sync TN.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'd personally be surprised if it hasn't landed by October. Once TFT Central get their review sample that should hopefully give a better indication. That was supposed to mid-August... which is today lol.

still no word on it i'm afraid. I've chased Asus again.

Associate
OP
Any news on the chase? :) I'm undecided if I should wait for this one or grab the PG278Q.

It's the IPS glow I'm really concerned about. So many "modern" panels seem to have a nasty yellow glow and worse... the retailers/manufacturers think its acceptable.

If that ends up being the case then I'm back to TN for this one.

Associate
Any news on the chase? :) I'm undecided if I should wait for this one or grab the PG278Q.

It's the IPS glow I'm really concerned about. So many "modern" panels seem to have a nasty yellow glow and worse... the retailers/manufacturers think its acceptable.

If that ends up being the case then I'm back to TN for this one.

The problem is they all use the same panel it seems, so the issue won't be going away any time soon.

Gaming/ips/1440p/144hz seems to = crap quality.

Associate
Is there any recent news on this screen? I'm hoping to upgrade to this from an old samsung syncmaster and I guess I will need a new graphics card. I'm currently running a 670.

Associate
Saddened that it won't do 3D vision. My current Swift PG278Q does 3d Vision.

I keep thinking of ditching my 2nd+3rd monitors for Swifts so I can do 3d surround, this would really make me pause and consider getting IPS versions, as I could then use the one TN screen for 3D gaming and all three in 2D mode for surround gaming (as sustaining 120fps @ 7680x1440 seems a long shot anyway)

Soldato
Saddened that it won't do 3D vision. My current Swift PG278Q does 3d Vision.

I keep thinking of ditching my 2nd+3rd monitors for Swifts so I can do 3d surround, this would really make me pause and consider getting IPS versions, as I could then use the one TN screen for 3D gaming and all three in 2D mode for surround gaming (as sustaining 120fps @ 7680x1440 seems a long shot anyway)

I don't think it's confirmed either way. Some people seem to think it will.

Soldato
Looking forward to reviews of this, considering a triple screen setup for iRacing, Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa etc. Wondering if a single 980 Ti will drive 3 of these at high quality settings.

For 1440 * 3 you'll at least want 2 cards... I have two ti's just for a single at or near max settings to get around 100-120fps in most games, though not sure if the games you mention are maybe a bit easier to run

Associate
I'm looking to replace my Dell U2713HM with this. It's a great IPS 1440p screen but I'm now swayed by 144hz having tried a TN panel recently.

Bring on the reviews and release date ! :D

Soldato
This is getting VERY tedious for me... I returned an MG279Q MONTHS ago now, expecting the PG279Q to be out around NOW... But still nothing probably for another 1-2 months... Stuck on a 20" NEC 20WGX2 ergghhhhhhh

Associate
This is getting VERY tedious for me... I returned an MG279Q MONTHS ago now, expecting the PG279Q to be out around NOW... But still nothing probably for another 1-2 months... Stuck on a 20" NEC 20WGX2 ergghhhhhhh

Yeah I was waiting for this too, now - tired of waiting I have made the executive decision to go for the Acer X34 Predator... just cause it has a release date.

Asus, where are you!!!

Man of Honour
For those holding their breath. Don't. Update from Asus is that samples now currently expected mid October. I don't expect it to be available to buy until Dec if that holds true

Associate
OP
For those holding their breath. Don't. Update from Asus is that samples now currently expected mid October. I don't expect it to be available to buy until Dec if that holds true

Damn... if that's the case then Ill pick the PG278Q or something else. Don't fancy hanging around that long :(

Back
Top Bottom