Asus T100 owners thread

Soldato
managed to get one in the land of funny shirts!!!!!!!!!

Not quite as good as the JL price but managed to wangle them down to £310 inc the £25 gift voucher, was an effort and a half doing so but got there in the end (moaned on about my last 2 click and collect orders not being available when I got there :) I've also potentially got £10 cash back through quidco but i'm not too hopefull on that as the amount claimed and what I paid will be different but hey ho!

Associate
very interested in one of these, spent quite a while comparing the results of CES2014 and still come out with this at the one i want.

price + performance is amazing.

would be interested in seeing more feedback and where it's in stock (64g version)

Soldato
Am pondering picking one of these up, 32gb is really too little - but if the SD/MicroSD can be used to install things to like another partition and speed is acceptable then it might suffice. Can anyone confirm?

Associate
Am pondering picking one of these up, 32gb is really too little - but if the SD/MicroSD can be used to install things to like another partition and speed is acceptable then it might suffice. Can anyone confirm?
Yeah the SD should show up as a drive and let you install anything bar windows 8.1 metro apps (currently) but the speed will be lower on sd card than internal

Associate
As above, the SD card is just seen as another HDD. A good SD cards will be around half the speed of the eMMC in the device.

Had a play around with the latest Humble Indie Bundle X titles on mine yesterday, most work quite well.

Associate
As above, the SD card is just seen as another HDD. A good SD cards will be around half the speed of the eMMC in the device.

Had a play around with the latest Humble Indie Bundle X titles on mine yesterday, most work quite well.

i watched quite a few of your videos last night before realising its you on here! :D

how do u find it copes for light gaming? im wanting one for the tablet and some keyboard mouse light gaming such as guild wars 2 / diablo 3 / some older FPS's. the videos i have watched even include crysis and dirt 3 and seems very playable from the footage.

I think id have to wait for the 64g one to come to the UK. games are too big these days, guild wars 2 alone is around 20g, granted that is an MMO tho. Id want the most SSD space I could get before going onto an SD card.

Associate
i watched quite a few of your videos last night before realising its you on here! :D

how do u find it copes for light gaming? im wanting one for the tablet and some keyboard mouse light gaming such as guild wars 2 / diablo 3 / some older FPS's. the videos i have watched even include crysis and dirt 3 and seems very playable from the footage.

I've tested Diablo 3 with it, runs okay at minimum detail. Don't have Guild Wars 2 though and they don't do a demo anymore.

Done all kinds of testing on it, from Dungeon Dashers to Quicksync encoding and gaming battery life.

I think id have to wait for the 64g one to come to the UK. games are too big these days, guild wars 2 alone is around 20g, granted that is an MMO tho. Id want the most SSD space I could get before going onto an SD card.

Or if you're planning on using more as a laptop than a tablet then perhaps try and seek out a 32GB + 500GB SKU? Don't know if they are selling in the UK yet, but they definitely are on the continent.

Last edited:
Associate
yeah i just read quite a few forums, annoying they have various different models all over the world. 32g 64g 64g w/500g dock etc... but only seem to sell a 32g one in the UK... i dont understand the logic in limiting the UK to a 32g machine.

I could import but id run the risk of getting a different keyboard/mains adapter etc.

Associate
Yeah, I've got a US keyboard + AC adaptor as I imported a 64GB machine in November.

The 2A charger is a bit weedy to be honest, if you use the machine flat-out with the brightness up high you can discharge the battery even while on AC power and the machine goes in to a low performance mode at 10% battery remaining to avoid the machine switching off on AC power! You can see this in video above in GRID 2 and later units ship with a 3A charger now, so I might buy a more powerful one at some point.

The US keyboard is a bit frustrating on mine, mostly because the '\' is moved so you can't just use it with UK mapping. A European model keyboard would be fine as the key layout is the same. I just have US set up as my primary keyboard layout and switch to UK on the taskbar when I need to put a £ symbol in.

Associate
Yeah, I've got a US keyboard + AC adaptor as I imported a 64GB machine in November.

The 2A charger is a bit weedy to be honest, if you use the machine flat-out with the brightness up high you can discharge the battery even while on AC power and the machine goes in to a low performance mode at 10% battery remaining to avoid the machine switching off on AC power! You can see this in video above in GRID 2 and later units ship with a 3A charger now, so I might buy a more powerful one at some point.

The US keyboard is a bit frustrating on mine, mostly because the '\' is moved so you can't just use it with UK mapping. A European model keyboard would be fine as the key layout is the same. I just have US set up as my primary keyboard layout and switch to UK on the taskbar when I need to put a £ symbol in.

any idea how I would be hit with import charges buying from the EU?

Back
Top Bottom