• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** ASUS TURBO 3YR RMA SERVICE: OcUK CUSTOMERS ONLY!! **

Associate
Great development, will be great if they can find a way of rolling this out across other product lines as well.

OcUK Staff
OP
That's the bit I don't like about these promo threads, they bum something up and walk away.

Could well be a yes, but the silence shouts NO! :(

And normally allowing someone from the company longer than a couple of hours to respond would be nice, before arriving to a conclusion. :)

I have pointed questions I cannot answer to the RMA team who will answer within good time. :)

As long as the thread remains on topic about new Asus VGA cards answers will come, but those answers might come in minutes, hours or days. :)

OcUK Staff
OP
If this offer is real then its a great service... But a quick look at the monitors section doesnt instill me with confidence.

Monitors is a different ball game as officially monitors have an on-site service, the reality is we take a lot back and simply sell them vastly cheaply than RRP as B-grade, take a look and see:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/clearance/monitors?ckSuppliers=54&ckTab=0&sSort=3

Unfortunately monitors is a grey area, either send back to us or use Asus on-site service.

Whereas it is very rare we have b-grade Asus VGA cards, especially for the volumes of Asus we sell.

Back on topic, Asus VGA! :)

Associate
Does annoy me that kind of response.. Gibbo or anyone else not within ASUS can't just make statements on there policy and procedures.. And I'm not 100% but i'm sure OCUK staff do more than sit on here all day.

Soldato
Thank you for this post, I was trying to decide between the R9 390 Nitro and 390 Strix.

This post made it an easy decision.

Maybe you should research the temperatures of the Strix. The cooler may look amazing but the cooling is not as good as the Nitro. Can be a difference of more than 10C which is important if you are overclocking. The triple fan of the Nitro also runs slower and still achieves a lower temp than the Strix.

Associate
Maybe you should research the temperatures of the Strix. The cooler may look amazing but the cooling is not as good as the Nitro. Can be a difference of more than 10C which is important if you are overclocking. The triple fan of the Nitro also runs slower and still achieves a lower temp than the Strix.

I didn't dig too deep into it so it's entirely possible I am missing something, but the temps don't look too bad based on a quick google search.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2015/09/04/asus-radeon-r9-390-strix-oc-review/10

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015...irectcu_iii_video_card_review/10#.VrDS-iOLS8o

In any case, my sapphire R9 290 Tri-X bit the dust and I RMA'd through OCUK it shortly before XMAS. A partial refund was approved this morning.

So while the card performed well while it lasted, my experiance with Sapphires support has made me a bit reluctant to choose their card again and the Quick turn around time offered for the duration of the 3 year warranty in the OP makes the Strix card look like the better option.

Associate
If this offer is real then its a great service... But a quick look at the monitors section doesnt instill me with confidence.

The Swift warranty process is pretty effective in terms of turnaround, most cases I've seen it's a reliable and fast swap at the door. Not many companies will offer a direct swap on your doorstep.

I appreciate that not everyone got the calibre of monitor they needed when it was swapped, but the speed and process was pretty good IMO.

Permabanned
It was not just the Asus RMA that was shocking, Thier motherboard support like for NVMe or HPET is awful. Gigabyte are busy giving out custom bios in the UK like hotcakes where Asus keep sending me requests on information on what HPET is and refuse to do a bios for NVMe.

No offence but they cost more also than the competition so meh im sticking with Gigabyte now they lost a customer ages ago! Oh and thier support for Xonar is awful too! The only good product they have out i would buy is the Gladius or the Ultrawide 100hz.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
I remember having a 780i n force motherboard which broke from esessive heat and took months to get to replaced.

Soldato
And normally allowing someone from the company longer than a couple of hours to respond would be nice, before arriving to a conclusion. :)

Not the customers fault if one has that perception with these threads, it's yours to adress if it bears importance, but thanks for the update.:)

Looking forward to finding out, it could well be a deciding factor for future Asus purchases/forum recommendations.

Associate
Seriously gents... i don't understand what more anybody expects from OCUK sometimes???

It seems a more re-occuring trend on here now that Gibbo or a.n.other staff member is posting something positive for their customers on here, sometimes either exclusive to the forums and/or ocuk customers only, being completely TRANSPARENT with their business's dealings (sometimes telling us more than we need to know or a business should do - they're cards are on the table), on hand to answer any questions pretty rapidly, and it can still be like a pack of vultures on here moaning, whinging and thinking its still not good enough?

Jesus - this is an ocuk exclusive, no other re-seller is doing this, that in itself deserves the respect and credit not to get arsey with gibbo or ocuk. Its better than what warranty terms we had with Asus yesterday, much better infact, what could anybody possibly complain about - its an improvement. If its still not good enough then we have evga and gigabyte, no need to trash or give Gibbo stick!!

/rant over - sorry but it does annoy me to see this sort of thing happen

I will be deliberatly avoiding this thread for a day or so no as to not get drawn into any bum fights with the usuals.

Gibbo - brilliant work for us customers again and as usual well done and thank you. Top service

Last edited:
Caporegime
This should really be something extended to all etailers for all asus products, just have to google asus rma to see tons of complaints about it

Soldato
This should really be something extended to all etailers for all asus products, just have to google asus rma to see tons of complaints about it

Agree, it's not just their VGA departments for RMA that are a bad joke, but all their hardware has terrible cover worldwide it seems. This is why I have moved away from their motherboards and recently from their VGA cards. Then they have the cheek to charge a lot more for the same or better product from other manufacturers.

They lost my respect a few years back with their poor service for motherboards. This is why I only look at ASROCK now or EVGA but EVGA need to step up a bit and make better motherboards to attract me to buy them.

Soldato
Agree, it's not just their VGA departments for RMA that are a bad joke, but all their hardware has terrible cover worldwide it seems. This is why I have moved away from their motherboards and recently from their VGA cards. Then they have the cheek to charge a lot more for the same or better product from other manufacturers.

They lost my respect a few years back with their poor service for motherboards. This is why I only look at ASROCK now or EVGA but EVGA need to step up a bit and make better motherboards to attract me to buy them.

Sent away multiple monitors exchanged on a next day service without issue and GPU also within 7 to 14 day turnaround. People normally don't even bother to contact the service center half the time. The numbers are available on the website. They're UK based and are usually quite understanding.

Back
Top Bottom