• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** ASUS TURBO 3YR RMA SERVICE: OcUK CUSTOMERS ONLY!! **

Soldato
The Swift warranty process is pretty effective in terms of turnaround, most cases I've seen it's a reliable and fast swap at the door. Not many companies will offer a direct swap on your doorstep.

I appreciate that not everyone got the calibre of monitor they needed when it was swapped, but the speed and process was pretty good IMO.

Its not Asus monitors I'm referring to - there have been several "OCUK exclusive" monitor warranties in the last couple of years that people are now having problems getting what was advertised (digimate 3 year and LG onsite to name two just off the top of my head)... iirc there was a Sapphire quick turnaround GPU warranty advertised at one point as well and someone still posted up to say they had to wait for it to be posted off to China

the problem with these type of things is that anywhere where there is something "different", staff often forget what has been promised on sales and they try to put it through the normal process and stuff like this gets missed and you end up having to fight to get what was sold

Last edited:
Associate
Overall this seem's really good and asus will definatly be higher priority choice the next time i have to buy a gpu.

However the 3rd option on the list is pretty scary as the price can change on gpu's wildly and rapidly i mean right now there are some 980ti's that have 70 pound off so i could return my gpu when it is 600 pounds and by the time i get a refund it could be 530 or vice vera and what amount would i get?

Also as asus is one of the shortening list of companies that do not allow you to remove cooler's in order to clean them and reapply thermal paste i am guessing this line confirm's that you will not be able to do that and get the turbo rma?

**Asus cards returned to us must be un-modified and free of physical damage.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

I also contacted Asus regarding cooler removal, their official response for OcUK returns:

So if customer ask, we need to give a clear answer => we do not suggest to do so, but if they do, than OK (unless damage is caused by replaced cooler or damage happens during removal / installation of a cooler).

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Associate
Fair enough so if i wanted to clean it i could do so but if i damage anything then the warranty is void sounds pretty fair.

Man of Honour
Hi there

I also contacted Asus regarding cooler removal, their official response for OcUK returns:

So if customer ask, we need to give a clear answer => we do not suggest to do so, but if they do, than OK (unless damage is caused by replaced cooler or damage happens during removal / installation of a cooler).

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Great work Gibbo and OcUK !!!!

And to anyone who is unhappy with the above

x8BLNUt.gif

Associate
Great addition.

Still wont touch an asus mobo but this certainly gives me confidence in buying a card.

In last four years I have around 50 motherboards gone thru my hands as it is something like my hobby to build systems and Asus ones so far have been 100% working. What I can not say about gigabyte or asrock unfortunately. At the moment I have 6 different machines running in house. 4 of them are Asus and have 0 problem with them. Only daughters pc is based on gigabyte mobo. My biggest disappointment was z87x oc-force. First mobo in my life I have throwed in bin. Could not let anyone down selling it because it was totally rubbish.
Have you any reason to say that you won't touch an Asus mobo?

Soldato

That's very good Gibbo, you've seen a problem and you've addressed with the supplier and got it fixed. This is an excellent way of maintaining customer loyalty for OCUK!

I just wonder though what is it with Taiwanese electronic companies and customer service? Complaints about RMA turnaround etc aren't exclusive to Asus you often see similar complaints about the likes of LG, Sapphire Powercolor etc on there levels of customer service. Is it cultural thing or something else?

OcUK Staff
OP
It is a great service from OcUK & Asus, but how long will it last?

Didn't you have a similar "exceptional" RMA deal with Inno3d in 2015, but in 2016 it's a slow return to Taiwan?

Far easier to accomplish with Asus as all stock is held UK/EU base so turn-arounds can be sustained. Also we have agreed with Asus for EOL product to simply exchange not new gen equivalent product.

Inno3D is much harder when a product reaches end of lifespan as per 9xx series so we cannot exchange from our own stock and have to wait on repair.

The Asus service level is simply superior to that of Inno3D. :)

Associate
Does Asus offer this service for their monitors too? Heard so many horror stories of them taking ages to fix/replace.

Only thing I get Asus is mobo's as their warranty service scares me.

I do like their products, but with the premium price should come premium customer support. Nice to see it on graphics cards at least :)

OcUK Staff
OP
Does Asus offer this service for their monitors too? Heard so many horror stories of them taking ages to fix/replace.

Only thing I get Asus is mobo's as their warranty service scares me.

I do like their products, but with the premium price should come premium customer support. Nice to see it on graphics cards at least :)

It is just mainboards and graphics cards right now.

Back
Top Bottom