• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ATI/AMD's new Morphological Anti-aliasing

Soldato
Done what you said Ejizz, got it working now, thanks. I'm pretty impressed with this feature. I tried with SSAA and MLAA, SSAA is better but at a huge performance hit. This new MLAA runs very well, fair enough there is some jumpy frames but compared to SSAA you can actully run it and play the game reasonably well. Really looking forward to the new 6000 series now. Had x-fired 5870's but when i went to eyefinity I was unable to play games with x-fire enabled so ended up selling one of my 5870's last week. This was just before the 6000 series came out and sold for over 200.00 and hte new cards are giving 5870 performance at 199.99 ! Think I made a good move there ;)

I think a 6970 in November would suite you well, and should offer you great performance with this new MLAA...

Associate
That's what i've been thinking too Ejizz :) So Nov is when you rekon it's gonna come out then. Think i'll start saving the pennies now get myself a nice Christmas present. I love the way ATI / AMD decided to leave the MLAA option out for 5000 series owners ! Seems they want to really want to sell these 6000's eh....

Soldato
Not quite sure why everyone's so happy about using it for GTA4, that game was an appalling console port and the graphics were mediocre at best. Yes you can install mods and what not, but it's a bit too little, too late.

enb01.jpg

enb03.jpg

enb05.jpg

Associate
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9957/enb01.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5885/enb03.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8915/enb05.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
OMG that looks sweet!!!

Now I'll finally get round to playing it.

Associate
OK well now for the real question, what did GTA perform like with MLAA ? I've seen many mods that can make it look as good as that if not better with with massive performance degration. If you could post any comparisions it would be greatly appreciated. I would myself but im too drunk......

Associate
This could have course work on the Nvidia cards as it uses Microsoft's DirectCompute which is part of the DX11 API. I suspect they would rather use CUDA though.

Anyone tried it on Mass Effect 2 and get results?

Soldato
This could have course work on the Nvidia cards as it uses Microsoft's DirectCompute which is part of the DX11 API. I suspect they would rather use CUDA though.

Anyone tried it on Mass Effect 2 and get results?

yep, it definitely works in ME2 and that's the steam version, too. for whatever reason though, Afterburner isnt capturing the effect when i take a screenshot, gonna try fraps instead. I know Afterburner isnt as this new AA mode blurs the osd but the osd comes out clean in the shots. weird lol.

Ill try fraps and report back, but it absolutely does work :)

edit: ok, fraps doesnt either. how the hell are people capturing this ? :p

Last edited:
Soldato
yep, it definitely works in ME2 and that's the steam version, too. for whatever reason though, Afterburner isnt capturing the effect when i take a screenshot, gonna try fraps instead. I know Afterburner isnt as this new AA mode blurs the osd but the osd comes out clean in the shots. weird lol.

Ill try fraps and report back, but it absolutely does work :)

edit: ok, fraps doesnt either. how the hell are people capturing this ? :p

Screen shots will be taken of the framebuffer, this effect is applied after the frame buffer as its a post process effect.

Back
Top Bottom