Audi owners in here!

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29079710 said:
It has an infotainment system that looks like they bought a job lot from Chinese aftermarket manufacturers on Ebay and a flagship diesel thats slower than everyone elses midrange one :D

Are you talking about the equivalent of BMW's Pro Nav?

Also isn't 300hp quite quick for a modern diesel?

Man of Honour
Also isn't 300hp quite quick for a modern diesel?

300bhp is a power output not an acceleration stat - and sadly for the XF despite 300bhp it's no quicker than the 260bhp 530d and somewhat slower than the competing 535d and the A6 BiTDI - both of which are low 5's to 60. I've no idea how they managed it given they presumably both have the same ZF8HP gearbox. Perhaps the Jag version develops 300bhp only at a very specific point in the rev range...

We're getting off topic for the Audi thread though :D

Soldato
Look at the 0-100...

Audi will be quattro otherside it would be fail wheel drive. The jag of course has the 8HP70 to deal with the 700Nm.

Most cars make their peak power at a specific point of the rev range!

Anyway a jag is an emotional not purely data driven purchase. You either like them or you don't. Was in an A8 today, it's good, just dull compared to the XJ.

Man of Honour
Emotion and diesel powered automatic executive saloons.

That's a new one, c'mon on, even I'm not daft enough to try and claim that one!

What is the 0-100, I can't find it (530d is 15.4, 535d is 13.1).

Soldato
Heres a boring question for owners of the current A6, hows the back seat for space, im looking at new company cars, and one of the cars on my list, is the S line A6, but i need a car that can accomodate 2 baby seats and a regular human in between them, could someone measure up for me, or post up a pic?

My A4 is pretty small in the back, so i wont be looking at a new one of them.

I assume the A6 will be a similar size to the 5 series. And it can be done, if the person is small, or if you don't use the ISOFIX. Certainly not big enough for a "regular" human.

I bought my Alhambra because the middle seat is a proper seat (I could also fit between them in my Range Rover, but that didn't have ISOFIX). There is no way I could fit between the baby seats in the rear of my 5 series. My wife can, but she is considerably smaller than me, and she only just fits.

Your best bet is to take your two car seats to a dealership and test it really. It will be mostly dependent on the size of your particular seats (and ass).

Permabanned
My ass deffo won't fit lol. The seats are brutal ISO fix jobbies, so pretty much the most compact ones. From the sounds of it, the ovlov is the one best suited for me .

I do also have the option of a top spec s Max and Zafira, but I'm not sure I'm ready for that just yet :p sadly no Jag xf sport brakes are on our scheme.

Soldato
The S Max would probably work.

In all honesty, because of the extra space we get from our Alhambra, and the kids loving it more, my 530d barely gets driven. In fact, I think the kids have been in it only a couple times since running the Alhambra.

But then most of our driving is with the kids. If that's more of a rarity, and the car is mostly used for just you driving about, then it may be different.

Soldato
Look at the 0-100...

Audi will be quattro otherside it would be fail wheel drive. The jag of course has the 8HP70 to deal with the 700Nm.

Most cars make their peak power at a specific point of the rev range!

Anyway a jag is an emotional not purely data driven purchase. You either like them or you don't. Was in an A8 today, it's good, just dull compared to the XJ.

'jag', as in a sharp projection on an edge or surface?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29080001 said:
Because you took it on a PCP and have hit the mileage limit :p

I've said it before, and will repeat for you, since you like to nit-pick on incidental events. I can easily afford the 7ppm it will cost me if I return it. Or take the depreciation should I wish to change it. And the deal I took was set-up this way ON PURPOSE.

The only reason the Alhambra gets driven more is because the kids like it more, and gives us more space (i.e. I CAN actually get in the back to look after the kids, if necessary, when the wife is driving). Simple.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29079931 said:
Emotion and diesel powered automatic executive saloons.

That's a new one, c'mon on, even I'm not daft enough to try and claim that one!

What is the 0-100, I can't find it (530d is 15.4, 535d is 13.1).

Doh, forgot the smilie face. I wouldn't really know though, I've never bought that type of car. You can't claim that anyway when your invested into the propeller wearing Germanic boredmobile :p

Soldato
I've said it before, and will repeat for you, since you like to nit-pick on incidental events. I can easily afford the 7ppm it will cost me if I return it. Or take the depreciation should I wish to change it. And the deal I took was set-up this way ON PURPOSE.

The only reason the Alhambra gets driven more is because the kids like it more, and gives us more space (i.e. I CAN actually get in the back to look after the kids, if necessary, when the wife is driving). Simple.

Why do you still have it then if you don't drive it? Because it's in negative equity? ;)

Soldato
No, because I haven't seen something I like to replace it. I'm waiting on the new S4 avant, to see how that compares.

I looked at the BMW offering, and didn't fancy a 340i as it would feel like too much of a downgrade. The 5 series is the same as my current one, so would just be for a different engine.

I've always like petrol Audi's though, so thought I'd be as well waiting on the new S4. Else it might just be an RS3 of Golf R estate.

Man of Honour
So you almost never drive your nearly new 5 Series Estate because the kids fit better in the Alhambra. That's kinda fair enough, though a massive waste of money all the same. So you want to change it for... a car thats even smaller?! Surely that'll just sit on the drive never being used as well.

Caporegime
The S4 Avant isn't that much smaller and the R Estate has more boot space over the 5 Touring

No idea on the upcoming S4 Avant (as I've never sat in a new A4 Avant), but certainly with the B8 A4 vs the C6 A6, the difference was astronimical.

My A6 Avant was utterly cavernous, my A4 most certainly isn't.

Soldato
That would be relevant if you could put kids in the boot
Why does every OcUK post turn into a nit-picking quest !?!?!

Your statement would be relevant if he said the children needed more space, he didn't, he said he needed more space. (Which the Golf R Estate offers).

Go nit-pick somewhere else :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom