Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Looks great. Always been a fan of the B6 Avant. And the 1.8T engine to be fair.

Get that timing belt done asap. Over 5 years is too long for these really, should be done after 4 years IMO. But once that's done, should be good to go.

Any plans for it at all? Or just leave it standard? I love these with a subtle drop on the Speedline 19" splits, suit the car soooooo perfectly.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
^ Please do not do this.

It looks good because it looks unmolested and original, it looks cared for and kept properly.

That black one looks like a standard old barry wagon to me.

Soldato
Will be keeping it standard. Had thought about putting the larger 18" alloys, I think they are on the s line models. But the ride is really nice, so not sure I want to disturb that just in case it gets horrendous.

Anyone have experience with condensation in the head and tail lights? Any solutions. Google search reveals this as a common issue with VW/Audi of that era as they have vented housing.

I was going to take them all off and dry them out over a radiator indoors, but it appears the issue will happen again anyhow.

In other news car insurance will be £260 for the year! That's about £70-80 cheaper than the ST would have been this renewal.

Associate
Will be keeping it standard. Had thought about putting the larger 18" alloys, I think they are on the s line models. But the ride is really nice, so not sure I want to disturb that just in case it gets horrendous.
I boght a passat with a set of 18" alloys on it years ago. it drove horrid to start with but that was more to do with the suspension it was on. once I fixed the suspension it drove nice and the ride was good.

In other news car insurance will be £260 for the year! That's about £70-80 cheaper than the ST would have been this renewal.
that's always a bonus.. I managed to get my B5 on a classic policy.. £110 a year

Soldato
^ Please do not do this.

It looks good because it looks unmolested and original, it looks cared for and kept properly.

That black one looks like a standard old barry wagon to me.

Each to their own and all that, but I fail to see how sticking on a set of OEM wheels and a polish, makes a car look like a "barry wagon".

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The wheels look wrong for the car (Those are OEM wheels for that car, really? They dont look OEM at all), and it is lowered to the point where it looks like a Mercedes with failed suspension struts.

Nasty.

Soldato
They are OE Audi wheels, that were standard on the A6 Le Mans I believe, and were an upgrade option on A4's (probably B7's to be fair though, but since the B6 and B7 are essentially the same car, they do work) and A6's. But did appear on other Audi models too.

I would call that a relatively mild drop too. It's not like it's to the point where it's scraping the deck. But I get the point that people wouldn't want to lower their cars. I wouldn't do mine anymore. It was just a suggestion for wheels. Not like I was saying to put on wide boi bodykits, picnic table sized spoilers, and graphics all over the car.

Associate
to be fair the one above doesnt look too bad in my eyes.. you get some that have been lowered far too much...

audi-b6-a4-wagon-image-wheels-bagged-air-suspension-012.jpg

a420estate201920mystique.jpg

img6077.jpg

that's just a few random ones I found... theirs loads more!!

Soldato
Well, I went ahead with a new personal lease today and plumped for the Audi A4 avant 1.4 TFSi sport. 6+23 with 10k for £187/m

Just a workhorse, seems decent enough but itll not be here for a few months

Caporegime
I'm intrigued. What options (if any) did you plumb for? And is that a straight up lease or a PCP? Was there/what size a deposit?

Mine's coming up to 3 years in March and I'm umming and arring about what to do at that point.

Soldato
No options, its a workhorse really so I don't want anything else with it personally. The spec seems pretty good overall though with Nav, climate and xenons etc

6+23 so 6x£187 as a deposit then 23 payments of £187 for the rest of the term, its a personal lease.

Man of Honour
Seen that deal around, it's very very good and I'm not surprised you went for it.

No idea why the fact its apparently a 'workhorse' (As opposed to what, a trackday car?) has any bearing on anything at all though, mind :p

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29098397 said:
Seen that deal around, it's very very good and I'm not surprised you went for it.

No idea why the fact its apparently a 'workhorse' (As opposed to what, a trackday car?) has any bearing on anything at all though, mind :p

The reason its a workhorse is I will be using it for work basically. If it was my only car I would choose differently and/or options

I have my old 300e and the GTr for more interesting times :)

Permabanned
I must admit having fallen back in love with my B8.5, exterior wise the new A4 leaves me a bit cold, but having sat in one, its actually spot on now. Inside it feels much better than the C class and 3 series, no doubt it will still have a souless drive :p.

Options seem to have gone up in price compared to when i bought my B8.5 in 2012.

Back
Top Bottom