Audi owners in here!

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Guys,

Do you suffer with any discomfort with the ofset pedals in the A4 (B8), not sure if its something to do with my height (5ft 6) or my seating position or the crap seats in our SE, but i seem to get pain in my right knee on any journey over an hour. Someone suggested it could be to do with the pedal layout in the A4. Looking at the pedals, they do seem way over to the right.

Just wondering if its my OCD kicking in, or whether it is genuinly a problem

JKD

JKD

Associate
Guys,

Do you suffer with any discomfort with the ofset pedals in the A4 (B8), not sure if its something to do with my height (5ft 6) or my seating position or the crap seats in our SE, but i seem to get pain in my right knee on any journey over an hour. Someone suggested it could be to do with the pedal layout in the A4. Looking at the pedals, they do seem way over to the right.

Interesting. If anything you should be more comfortable with the non-offset pedals in the A4 as your leg is straighter. I've gone from a B8 A4 to an 8V A3 and still find it odd that the clutch rest in the A3 is way over to the left! So much so I just leave my foot on the carpet (it's an autobox).

Maybe try moving your seat back or forward a tad to get less/more bend in the knee. Sounds weird, but if my seat is too far forward my ankle kills after a couple of hours as it's way too bent on the accelerator. Might be something as simple as that?

Soldato
I get knee pain the B5 & 6/7 series A4/S4 (various hire/loan cars from VAG garages) but not the B8 strangely (test drive). I get it on the left front edge of the right knee-cap and it takes about 30mins to clear once I'm out of the car.

Never had it in any other car either (VAG or not).

jbs

jbs

Associate
Guys,

I had an A4 Avant (B8) on a weekend test drive and the offset pedals put me off a lot. After more than an hour behind the wheel my hips really started giving me problems from having to move sideways with my legs. I really don't understand how people find this comfortable.

Soldato
I had an A4 Avant (B8) on a weekend test drive and the offset pedals put me off a lot. After more than an hour behind the wheel my hips really started giving me problems from having to move sideways with my legs. I really don't understand how people find this comfortable.

I have an Avant B8 and it's never bothered me at all

Soldato
Thought it looked familiar lol!

They're still surprisingly rare on the roads - the hatchbacks are everywhere now but you still see relatively few saloons. It's a bit surprising given that virtually everyone I talk to thinks the saloon looks so much better. Maybe people don't think they're as practical but that's not necessarily true - you may not be able to remove the shelf and fit a washing machine in it but the basic boot volume with the rear seats up is actually larger than the hatch.

Love it tbh - had it for just over a year now and can't say a bad thing about it.

Soldato
The 1.4T COD petrol. Like it a lot actually, pretty spritely but with good economy and decently smooth & quiet for a four-pot.

The absence of badges on the back wasn't my idea btw, they screwed that up but I actually quite like it without them, especially as it adds to a lot of people's confusion as they literally don't know what model it is.

Soldato
The 1.4T COD petrol. Like it a lot actually, pretty spritely but with good economy and decently smooth & quiet for a four-pot.

The absence of badges on the back wasn't my idea btw, they screwed that up but I actually quite like it without them, especially as it adds to a lot of people's confusion as they literally don't know what model it is.

That the 140ps version? Or is it more?

Soldato
It's certainly possible (I've not looked). I know that the S3 saloon is higher specced than it's hatchback brethren.

The A3 Saloon is only available in Sport and S-Line, but the equipment is the same for those levels regardless of whether or not you get a Hatchback or Saloon.

That is probably the reason for the large price difference (the lack of an SE option).

1.4 Petrol CoD, Manual, A3, S-Line in Daytona Grey is £25,115.00
1.4 Petrol CoD, Manual, A3 Sportback, S-Line in Daytona Grey is £25,735.00
1.4 Petrol CoD, Manual, A3 Saloon, S-Line in Daytona Grey is £26,510.00

Really, there is not much difference at all in price, and from what I can see the equipment is almost identical.

Back
Top Bottom