Audi owners in here!

That the 140ps version? Or is it more?

It's the revised 150PS version.

It's certainly possible (I've not looked). I know that the S3 saloon is higher specced than it's hatchback brethren.

Yeah the Sport & S-Line models of Sportback and saloon are equivalently specced and not much different in price.

The S3 is a different case as the saloon comes with 19" wheels and magnetic ride as standard which are both £995 options on the hatch so there's more of a price difference.

Way too much for a old design Imo. The next gen A6 appeared in 2011, worth spending a little more for that model.

I know that's the sort of thing I usually say but it is only 12 grand. Different story spending near 20k on one but it's not bad for closer to 10k.

[TW]Fox;29120009 said:
I know that's the sort of thing I usually say but it is only 12 grand. Different story spending near 20k on one but it's not bad for closer to 10k.

I'm still holding out for a 530d TBH, and considering up'ing my budget a bit and going for the f11 but that will ultimately depend on priorities.

A mate of mine keeps banging on about looking at the A6 3.0 quattro so figured I'd have a look. This one isn't that far away and the condition/spec looks nice.

I've been away from the forums for quite a long time. Anyways here's mine:

b48g0m.jpg

I had a TypeR prior to this :P

What are peoples thoughts on a 08-10 TTS? Swaying towards s-tronic.

Spending ~13k smarts a little but like the S3's of the time they hold there money and the TTS has more kit for similar money.

Anything I should consider?

Not really, ~50,000 to 70,000 depending on spec and colour.

Will be my partners daily drive, only 5000 a year so no need to get a low mileage example.

Oh, S-Tronic seem to be a little higher but they're a slightly newer.

He said 320 stops, so his figures are spot on. Nowhere does he say he means 320 miles per tank.

You have to be soo careful when you criticise others.... ;)

Go on then, i'll have a go instead :D

320 fuel stops is a range of 250 miles per tank.

The A8 6.0 W12 has a 90L fuel tank, or 19.8 gallons.

Thats an average of 12.6MPG

Unless every single one of those 80k miles have touring central london i wont believe that as an average even for that car :p

He is probably using his own average.

He also says 100 quid to fill - for much of that cars life 100 quid wasn't filling the tank so it's unlikely to have taken 90 litres every time.

I think we just need to take his word for it guys :p

[TW]Fox;29134747 said:
He said 320 stops, so his figures are spot on. Nowhere does he say he means 320 miles per tank.

You have to be soo careful when you criticise others.... ;)

He said "320 fumes to full petrol stops"

I'm guessing 'fumes' = miles, hence my calculation above :) (320 miles, fumes to full petrol stops)
Assumption based on approx 16mpg, which seems sensible given the engine size.

Back at you :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom