Audi owners in here!

Soldato
I don't think that engine is known for excessive oil consumption, pity though you didn't have a more positive experience with Audi Assist. I found them to be very good when my gearbox failed.

Soldato
There's a voice that keeps on calling me.
Going to look at a 62 plate A4 B8 advant 2.0 TDi 170BHP S line at the weekend.

Anything I should be looking for? or just general guidance.
I'd look for a SE Technik, its a better specced car on the whole and doesnt have half as harsh a ride as the S-line, many of them 2013 onwards came with MMI 3G as standard along with DAB etc. Personally my minimum requirement would be a facelift car with led DRL's and nav, the LED DRL make the car look much better imo.

Caporegime
No, they don't, but I still went for the SE Technik over the S Line due to the utterly awful amount of standard kit on an S Line.

I retrofitted the Xenon headlamps back in 2013 for less than £500 (although I only retrofitted the headlights and levelling, not the washers). Could likely be done far cheaper these days.

Associate
cheers for the advice guys. we drove for an hour to look at the s line for it to be sold that morning after I rang :( as you can imagine I wasn't so happy. Anyway as you have said I am struggling to find the right spec on the cars that I want,
High on the list is xenon's with the LED DRL. I have found 1 SE Technik with Xenons which looks good so we will be off to see that next.

Soldato
So my A3 finally got recovered by Audi Assist on Monday night and I got my courtesy car.
kIS6PhPl.jpg.png
It's strange how low down the 3 series feels for a saloon. I was surprised when I got the call to say my replacement car would be a BMW.

Soldato
Looking at replacing the wife's car with a 2014/15 S3 Sportback. Is there anything I should be looking for? Any known problems?

I want DSG and upgraded stereo. Can the upgraded stereo be retrofitted?

Caporegime
Adding B&O is not a simple task at all, you would be spending far more than the equivalent specced car just for the parts and labour charges for fitting and coding.

Earlier 8V S3s had a rattling wastegate which you'll get told "they all do that sir". I'd probably also look for one with tech pack, otherwise you get the terrible low resolution MMI unit.

Soldato
its the 134 BHP TDI one, the only other option I can tell is heated seats and privacy glass/tints

That is a low amount of power for a car like the A4.

I had the CR 140ps 2.0 TDI engine in my old A1 and yes, it was good in that but the car is much lighter. By comparison I imagine that engine in a A4 sized car would get incredibly tiresome. Definitely look for the 170ps/177ps engine if it is a 2.0 TDI you want.

Caporegime
That is a low amount of power for a car like the A4.

I had the CR 140ps 2.0 TDI engine in my old A1 and yes, it was good in that but the car is much lighter. By comparison I imagine that engine in a A4 sized car would get incredibly tiresome. Definitely look for the 170ps/177ps engine if it is a 2.0 TDI you want.

You know what, my 136PS was absolutely fine, never had a problem doing the country road overtakes, actually pulled harder uphill and on the motorway than my 220~bhp 2.0TFSI A6 did, and was incredibly frugal, giving me near 60mpg average over my 30,000 mile ownership.

Further to that a tuning box will see it making 175-180bhp anyway (I ran a DTUK box on mine for the last 12 months) and that was only a few hundred quid, hardly worth worrying about in the grand scheme of things.

Soldato
Adding B&O is not a simple task at all, you would be spending far more than the equivalent specced car just for the parts and labour charges for fitting and coding.

Earlier 8V S3s had a rattling wastegate which you'll get told "they all do that sir". I'd probably also look for one with tech pack, otherwise you get the terrible low resolution MMI unit.

Cheers para. Is there an easy way to tell if a vehicle has tech pack by looking at photos? It's a pain as spec is rarely listed

Cheers para. Is there an easy way to tell if a vehicle has tech pack by looking at photos? It's a pain as spec is rarely listed

Associate
I have an Audi A3 sportback 2.0TDI 2013 (Mk3). It uses the basic halogen(?) lights that have like a yellow tint. I'd like the newer eyebrow xenon lights. Firstly is it possible to change the headlights and if so where can I get these from?

Back
Top Bottom