Audi owners in here!

Caporegime
That's just how much it costs. I guess you could go finding all of the parts needed on eBay and the like, hope they aren't damaged, then find someone willing to do the coding, but you'd still have to do the actual fitting yourself. I'd say the hazzydayz quote is reasonable.

Check out Kufatec, they want considerably more than that for a DIY kit!

Caporegime
I think Fox might be hinting at the fact that if someone can afford to run a car with 20" rubber (which lets face it, if you buy premium tyres will cost £££ per corner), then you can afford to run a car with the 3.0 Diesel rather than the 2.0 Diesel.

If you are getting a 2.0 Diesel to save money, don't bother looking for an S-Line with optional 20" wheels, get an SE with cheap 17" rubber on it.

Man of Honour
Just extended the Warranty on the R8 for another 12 months as I have had the car for 12 months on the 22nd of this month. £1,168.82p in total, which is fully comprehensive with £100 excess. That means I can make 3 visits a year for different Warranty claim work and it will still be cheaper than the zero excess. When I checked before I was up around 2.7K so suspect I put the incorrect current mileage in, perhaps 150K rather than 15k, which sound more like my RS4 renewal.

Soldato
I think Fox might be hinting at the fact that if someone can afford to run a car with 20" rubber (which lets face it, if you buy premium tyres will cost £££ per corner), then you can afford to run a car with the 3.0 Diesel rather than the 2.0 Diesel.

If you are getting a 2.0 Diesel to save money, don't bother looking for an S-Line with optional 20" wheels, get an SE with cheap 17" rubber on it.
Cryptic comment, thanks for explaining ;)

What about the multitronic gearbox comment? :D

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
The multitronic is a cvt rather than an automatic, it is fairly universally hated and known historically for unreliability :)

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Same, I'd never entertain a manual car and nor would my other half. It basically rules Audi out as a brand for us :(

Associate
A6 owner and buff here.

Auto A6s were CVT until 2014 when the multitronic unit was replaced by the current S-Tronic gearbox which is a DSG, much nicer to drive and probably more reliable too.

For that reason I'd recommend something from 2014 onwards but obviously the budget would need to be increased for a like-for-like car.

Nowt wrong with wanting 20" wheels on a 2.0 either, they look great.

Soldato
Picked up my 2010 TTS Roadster yesterday and all I can say is wow!! :D I've only had it since 1600 yesterday so I can't give in-depth details on my experience as an owner but I can say it's a superb place to be. Easy to drive, power on tap and just a joy to be in.

Unsure how to find the exact specs but will see what i can find after work.

Back
Top Bottom