Audi owners in here!

Soldato
Soldato
Associate
How's the TTS? My local dealer lent me their demo for the weekend which was fun

Absolutely loving it - goes like stink but equally a very nice cruiser. I'm still getting a feel for it but just feels so solid and having 4WD plus s-tronic is just fantastic. The sound track is lovely too when booted.

I'm still waking up every day and looking outside and thinking "did I really get that?" :D

I'm sure my MPG will improve. In time. Honest.

Soldato
Absolutely loving it - goes like stink but equally a very nice cruiser. I'm still getting a feel for it but just feels so solid and having 4WD plus s-tronic is just fantastic. The sound track is lovely too when booted.

I'm still waking up every day and looking outside and thinking "did I really get that?" :D

I'm sure my MPG will improve. In time. Honest.

I'm looking for a fun car, but don't want to limit my options too much. I ran an M140i for a year before deciding it wasn't really a family car lol so traded it in for a fully speced out A4, which I absolutely love. Now I'm looking for a weekend (me) car.

as I see it though....

sell the A4 and get an S4 (sensible head and the mrs approves)
Keep the A4 and get a TTS (I loved the demo I had)

Go a bit mental and get a few years old R8, but I would probably end up selling it on after a year. Have to factor in running costs though and it would be a stretch financially which would mean buying a manual (pref autos)

Like this, but I'd need a bit knocked off the price

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...9,-0.54058,800,bGluY29sbg/l|12,1,PRICE_SALE,U

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm running an A4 (252ps) Avant as a sensible family car but do find myself missing something a little more fun. I don't know why, but I really like the idea of an Audi S1 with a stage 2 (350ps). They can be hand for a reasonable price and I bet they are great run with that amount of power.

Associate
Get an S4 B8, have a word with MRC and make 450-500bhp depending on what you want to spend (remap or stage 2 package, ~2k). It won't be an R8 but it will be pretty damn fun as well!
@LiE - I think an S3 would be a better bet. There's hardly much weight difference and S tronic really complements the car (s1 is only manual). Plus you can get it to 380bhp with just a remap.

Soldato
I'm running an A4 (252ps) Avant as a sensible family car but do find myself missing something a little more fun. I don't know why, but I really like the idea of an Audi S1 with a stage 2 (350ps). They can be hand for a reasonable price and I bet they are great run with that amount of power.

I had an S1 with a MTM tuning box (dyno'd at 306BHP). Simply the most fun I've ever had in a car. I miss the damn thing but it was really impractical.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Get an S4 B8, have a word with MRC and make 450-500bhp depending on what you want to spend (remap or stage 2 package, ~2k). It won't be an R8 but it will be pretty damn fun as well!
@LiE - I think an S3 would be a better bet. There's hardly much weight difference and S tronic really complements the car (s1 is only manual). Plus you can get it to 380bhp with just a remap.

Yes but an S1 can be had for ~£16k. Since it would be a 2nd fun car, then a manual would be my preference. S Tronic feels a little less involved/clinical tbh.

The likely hood of me justifying a 2nd car is quite slim though. I'll probably look at getting an S/RS in a few years instead.

Associate
I'm looking for a fun car, but don't want to limit my options too much. I ran an M140i for a year before deciding it wasn't really a family car lol so traded it in for a fully speced out A4, which I absolutely love. Now I'm looking for a weekend (me) car.

as I see it though....

Keep the A4 and get a TTS (I loved the demo I had)

Go a bit mental and get a few years old R8, but I would probably end up selling it on after a year. Have to factor in running costs though and it would be a stretch financially which would mean buying a manual (pref autos)

Like this, but I'd need a bit knocked off the price

https://usedcars.audi.co.uk/usedcar...9,-0.54058,800,bGluY29sbg/l|12,1,PRICE_SALE,U

Yeah I get what you're saying - balance and all that. I did look at the TTRS but really it just eats fuel and driving the TTS convinced me it was a great compromise between all out performance and being a good daily driver. That said I was supposed to look at the TDI :D

TTS is definitely more of a 'me' car that the hatchback/saloon choices. It's all a waste of money though - and given it's yours to spend be happy :)

Soldato
Yeah I get what you're saying - balance and all that. I did look at the TTRS but really it just eats fuel and driving the TTS convinced me it was a great compromise between all out performance and being a good daily driver. That said I was supposed to look at the TDI :D

TTS is definitely more of a 'me' car that the hatchback/saloon choices. It's all a waste of money though - and given it's yours to spend be happy :)

I think I have convinced myself to buy an R8 and run it for a year. Just need to research a lot more about ownership of older r8s with the pros and cons.

https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...-4-2-fsi-quattro-manual----------2008/8950670

Soldato
Wow lovely - enjoy! I'd (at least) half the predicted 20 MPG though :D Great looking cars!

I'm working the man maths out now, but the mrs isn't completely against the idea of her having her own little corsa (believe it or not, she loves them...fair enough)....meaning we could go down to a cheap day to day car, and I can have something a bit crazy as a toy. I can't afford to own it for long, but I have always said at some point in my life I would own one (didnt say how long for lol). Looking online, private sales go from 35k-45k and they vary wildly. I've seen a nice low mileage one with a full audi service history. Need a full understanding of how much it's going to cost for a years worth of ownership including depreciation when I sell it on. Who knows, I may keep it for two years yet! Looking likely for May next year so I can enjoy it for the summer months.

Associate
I came from a M135 and wanted something a little bigger so ended up buying a nearly new 2017 S4 - (audi approved).

it feels a bit faster than the M135 as its more planted.

Its also a lovely place to sit in as the interior is leagues ahead of the bmw

Soldato
Joined the Audi club a couple of weeks ago after handing back my Golf R.

LEvTS5T.jpg

4rpwsuk.jpg

So far I've had 3 new Pirelli's fitted, replaced the air and cabin filter, removed the snow grate from the air box. Today I'm getting the back windows tinted. On order I have a turbo intake elbow and a set of Eibach lowering springs. Once that's done it'll be onto performance mods.

Back
Top Bottom