Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21314.html

That suggests as well Branson paid next to **** all. Top man, loads of publicity for no investment. A full page in the times would have cost him 200k :D

No supprise whatsoever

when it came to actually stumping up the cash to keep the team afloat, he was full of how it needed to be a green sport, needed to be cheaper (but the current measures werent enough) and it needed to be better run.

now its run fine, the promise it could be green is enough, and the current cost cutting measures are fine.

When questionned about it he just glossed over it. As we've already said, this guy is a master of creating good publicity from nowhere.

!

Toyota should base their appeal on getting 4th place back, not 3rd.

The FIA should release the footage, mind.

Correct, but they'll probably try and get 3rd back. Kind of feel sorry for him as he was clearly delighted with 3rd but shame he did such a stupid thing to earn it! If he overtook under yellows then there's not a chance he'll get the position back. Bit unfortunate everyone was bunched up under the SC :p

Dup - nice sig :)

When questionned about it he just glossed over it. As we've already said, this guy is a master of creating good publicity from nowhere.

What I found interesting when EJ interviewed him was he said "we have developed a green fuel" "we hope they use it in the future"

Now was he suggesting one of his companies had developed it or that F1 had?

Maybe he has something to sell to them, a vested interest in geting his fuel used?

http://www.zie.nl/videos/Hamilton--Trulli-en-een-safetycar/m1bzt3rfcr62/

So Trulli went on the grass during the safetycar, Lewis overtook him and gave the place back.

What does that guy say? Hamilton HWEHWHEHWHEWHW!! ? :D

I'd still say that's LH's place to keep, you can't exactly crawl along at 5mph waiting for some numpty who's binned it to get back onto the track - look at all those cars behind Vettel, he had an accident but nobody could overtake him because of the speed he was going!

Why was it both Toyotas went off at the same corner but everyone else managed to negotiate the corner fine, that place looks like Hamiltons to me, bit harsh for trulli to get demoted so far though! they dont have a hope in hell of winning the appeal.

What I found interesting when EJ interviewed him was he said "we have developed a green fuel" "we hope they use it in the future"

Now was he suggesting one of his companies had developed it or that F1 had?

Maybe he has something to sell to them, a vested interest in geting his fuel used?

some company he owns aparently made a suitable fuel thats 100% green

he probably only sponsored brawn for peanuts so he can bang on about it in the press and then make billions from selling the fuel to regular car owners

maybe the engines wouldnt like this fuel as much though making the cars slower or the engines not lasting so long perhaps.

Hmmm, but they're not behind the safety at that point, under waved yellows and unlapping themselves, so at that point they're still racing.

I'm sure you can't overtake under yellow flags either and if the sc is deployed isn't the whole track then under yellow flag conditions?

I'm sure you can't overtake under yellow flags either and if the sc is deployed isn't the whole track then under yellow flag conditions?

Indeed it is with SC boards and waved yellows around the track. I suspect Hamilton was covering his own backside by letting him re-take the place. Bit of a grey area I suppose, Hamilton took the place under SC conditions but through no fault of his own.

Indeed it is with SC boards and waved yellows around the track. I suspect Hamilton was covering his own backside by letting him re-take the place. Bit of a grey area I suppose, Hamilton took the place under SC conditions but through no fault of his own.

Indeed its a grey area.

From that footage though, it shows Trulli is clearly off the track. Hamilton rightly so passes him. I dont know the rules, however Im pretty sure its allowed to overtake a car under yellow flags if they are off the circuit. In theory you cant pass a car but if its off the circuit, surely you can.

Now, we dont know how and where Trulli re-takes the position from Trulli! Do McLaren tell Hamilton to let him through to cover thier own backs, hence why it may look like Hamilton 'breaks' down when Trulli goes past.

The penalty was harsh as the race finished under the saftey car with pretty much the field grouped together.

It will be intresting to see how the appeal goes. Toyota will protest that you cant be overtaken under yellow's but I think they will loose the appeal battle.

Btw, anyone play on F1 (PS3) on the next race track to get fimilar with it before a race weekend or is it just me? :p

Indeed its a grey area.

From that footage though, it shows Trulli is clearly off the track. Hamilton rightly so passes him. I dont know the rules, however Im pretty sure its allowed to overtake a car under yellow flags if they are off the circuit. In theory you cant pass a car but if its off the circuit, surely you can.

Now, we dont know how and where Trulli re-takes the position from Trulli! Do McLaren tell Hamilton to let him through to cover thier own backs, hence why it may look like Hamilton 'breaks' down when Trulli goes past.

The penalty was harsh as the race finished under the saftey car with pretty much the field grouped together.

It will be intresting to see how the appeal goes. Toyota will protest that you cant be overtaken under yellow's but I think they will loose the appeal battle.

Btw, anyone play on F1 (PS3) on the next race track to get fimilar with it before a race weekend or is it just me? :p
i think the rules on passing under a yellow are that if the car has 2 wheel on the track you cannot pass it, but if 3 or 4 are on the grass/runoff its deemed allowed, as long as the pass it compleat before the car "reenters" the track.

personally the grounds of appeal should be that both Hamilton and Trulli (plus there teams) were confused, Hamilton/Mclaren played it safe and Trulli/Toyota assumed he could take it back. They should appeal to be demoted 1 place really, not 25seconds.

Back
Top Bottom