Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

i think the rules on passing under a yellow are that if the car has 2 wheel on the track you cannot pass it, but if 3 or 4 are on the grass/runoff its deemed allowed, as long as the pass it compleat before the car "reenters" the track.

personally the grounds of appeal should be that both Hamilton and Trulli (plus there teams) were confused, Hamilton/Mclaren played it safe and Trulli/Toyota assumed he could take it back. They should appeal to be demoted 1 place really, not 25seconds.

I don't think Trulli should get punished if McLaren didn't know the rules and made it a tough option for Trulli.

I don't think Trulli should get punished if McLaren didn't know the rules and made it a tough option for Trulli.

did mclaren know the rules last year when hamilton had that battle with kimi? having to wait one corner later to try an overtake?

it is a harsh penalty but thats what the rules state, i dont see how they can accept an apeal either as mclaren wernt allowed to for the same penalty.

Indeed it is with SC boards and waved yellows around the track. I suspect Hamilton was covering his own backside by letting him re-take the place. Bit of a grey area I suppose, Hamilton took the place under SC conditions but through no fault of his own.

Ok, so LH playing it safe given his previous form with the stewards, makes more sense now - shame the incident wasn't caught by any camera the beeb had access to in the program.

I think everyone does :) No way did he deserve to get such a severe penalty. It's times like this that the FIA needs to just use some common sense.

yeah without question - however would that be consistant

It does seem like 25s is meant to be equiv of a drive thru penalty - maybe thats how it was seen

Of course that will be a misleading amount of places given that the race ended baciscally behind the SC

I really dont know which would be best fair or consistant rulings

So, reading about, rumor has it the Brawn GP team may change its name, possibly to Virgin? How ****ed off would Ross Brawn be with that! Virgin were in talks to buy, didn't, Ross buys it, puts all his hard work in it, wins some stuff, and Virgin walks in and renames it al to Virgin anyway....

Virgin Brawn GP, or Virgin Brawn Mercedes get my vote..

Since there will be a new thread shortly for the next race, thought I would post this in here.

Come across this earlier. Not seen it before.

http://www.zie.nl/videos/On-board-camera-Hamilton-vs-Raikkonen-F1-Spa/m1cz7vcf24w9/

Close call with Hamilton and that Williams... it just pops up from nowhere :p

jesus christ atleast post at what time in the video it occurs its a 6minute video ffs guess you mean at 5mins? wasted 5 minutes of my life to find that :P

why did they go off the track so much? especially raikonen in the last minute

Last edited:
Have to admit to not liking Leggard's commentary style - and some was completely un-intelligable when he got excited /fast

I was also surprised how MB was relatvely in 2nd place it seems with JL being the primary commentator

Have to admit to not liking Leggard's commentary style - and some was completely un-intelligable when he got excited /fast

I was also surprised how MB was relatvely in 2nd place it seems with JL being the primary commentator

Brundle has always been the 2nd commentator to someone else. Hes never been the lead comentator, except in situations where the lead (Murray, Fat Head, Leggard) isnt there.

yea at the start of the race as they were about to go off the grid he was screaming like a little girl and my wife woke up to goto the toilet, i was so embarrased i had to turn the volume down until she went back to bed

Whats the guys name who does the 5live coverage alongside Anthony Davidson? He is very good, and as long as he stops trying to drop statements to tell the whole world "I used to drive F1 cars", Davidson is very good too.

All in all, BBC do have a very strong line up... cant wait for a proper DC vs. Eddie Jordan punch up :)

Whats the guys name who does the 5live coverage alongside Anthony Davidson? He is very good, and as long as he stops trying to drop statements to tell the whole world "I used to drive F1 cars", Davidson is very good too.

All in all, BBC do have a very strong line up... cant wait for a proper DC vs. Eddie Jordan punch up :)

did davidson ever actually get a point?

jesus christ atleast post at what time in the video it occurs its a 6minute video ffs guess you mean at 5mins? wasted 5 minutes of my life to find that :P

why did they go off the track so much? especially raikonen in the last minute
full video was amazing IMO, hamilton was driving beautifully. and rain, it was the most talked about bit of racing of last season.

also, leggard reminds me of james hunt commentating, and i dont like him either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom