Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

McLaren must be overjoyed at that result with such a poor performing car.

I tell you what though, dare I say that in race trim it didn't seem *that* bad? Would have been good if Kovaleinen had lasted longer, then we'd have had more of an indication of how much the performance was down to the car and how much down to the driver.

I tell you what though, dare I say that in race trim it didn't seem *that* bad? Would have been good if Kovaleinen had lasted longer, then we'd have had more of an indication of how much the performance was down to the car and how much down to the driver.

Lewis did look quite handy although he was the lightest car at the start and on a strategy out of synch with most plus only Heidfeld started heavier than Kovy.

Mclaren did look better than its qualifying performance suggested, certainly fast on the straights and doesn't slide about in the corners, probably because its so (relativly) slow in them.

Well, Lewis fastest lap was the 13th fastest out of anyone, 1.3 secs behind Rosberg and exactly a second slower than Button. That seems a pretty good indication that even in race trim it was a real dog, and he did very well indeed.

Anyone else get promoted as well as lewis?

Very harsh on vettel that wasn't dangerous under a safety car and should be encouraged.

Everyone. They finished under safety car so there was hardly any gap between the cars? Finishing times of top 8 were all within a few seconds.

Lewis had a very mature and relaxed demeanor about him and we had none of his dad on the air. Excellent stuff from him, even if 3 places were handed to him on a plate (stewards making up for last year?!)

VETTEL FINED $50,000 (!!!) FOR NOT PULLING OVER WHEN HE WRECKED HIS CAR

Very harsh on vettel that wasn't dangerous under a safety car and should be encouraged.
And there was me thinking you were going to spend the afternoon baking me humble pie ;) :p

Looking forward to the return of CSl nuts now this afternoon, from his spot in race control. :)

Back
Top Bottom