Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

Fabulous GP - and a well deserved win, not sure about 2nd or lower though after all the mistakes at the start but glad for BrawnGP

McLaren can think themselves VERY lucky to score any points - and doubly lucky becuase Ferrari botched it completely

Really hope BGP can keep it up - they where as heavy as anyone in the top 10 and still did a great job from the off, so even without the diffuser IF its deemed illegal at a later date, they should still be up the front of the grid hopefully

Button hardly made a step wrong - really happy for the guy

Really want to see these cars in the wet - that should be cool (or carnage)

I dont know how I survived the morning without him?!?!?
I wonder if he sat at home in his house today, and actually did that just for his own benefit? :p
Nah, he's at the race.

I was never a fan of James Allen's commentary, but his website shows that he's a great analyst and writer on F1 - it's an interesting read and shows great insight.

Agreed with sunama. LH put in a stonking race IMO. Sure he benefitted here and there from others mistakes but that's what it is all about when you start last on the grid :)

Reminds me of that GP2 race where he spun, was last, and still finished 2nd. IIRC that race in Turkey was why Ron Dennis at McLaren decided to give him a F1 seat in the first place!

This is what LH does.

To all BrawnGP fans, a quick question, before BrawnGP, did you support another team or where you a neutral?
Even though I'm only a mile away from the McLaren HQ, I've generally preferred to support Honda or Red Bull. I find the McLaren way too 'corporate' and controlled (and by all accounts, Ron Dennis is an absolute control freak).
You only needed to see the change in Coultard after he left McLaren - relaxed and candid (stubble on his face etc) - he certainly wouldn't have been allowed to be like that at the Woking team.
I've always enjoyed Buttons candid manner, and they've obviously got a very close team at Brawn.

J. Button - faultless drive. He outqualified his team-mate. He out raced his team-mate. He had the best car and made the best use of it. Well done. If he continues to race like this, barring any extraordinary incidents, there is no reason why he shoudnt be 2009 World Champion..

The trouble for the Brawn Gp team as a whole will be keeping any sort of developement pace compared to the rest. The big teams will have reeled them in within a few races and then the problems start.

Especially if as stated the car cannot run Kers.

To all BrawnGP fans, a quick question, before BrawnGP, did you support another team or where you a neutral?

I've always been a supporter of British drivers (Mansell/DC/Hill/Herbert/Button/Brundle) rather than teams. Totally the opposite of say, a sport like football where you tend to favour teams rather than individual players

I can't really think of a team I've ever hugely disliked over the years.

The trouble for the Brawn Gp team as a whole will be keeping any sort of developement pace compared to the rest. The big teams will have reeled them in within a few races and then the problems start.

Especially if as stated the car cannot run Kers.

Lets just enjoy it, and let Jenson and Reubens enjoy it, while it lasts hey?
:)

I used to be a Honda fan, I drive past their HQ on the way to work too. I bought my current car (a Honda) as I was a Honda F1 fan. :rolleyes:

Plus I like to support the Brits, Lewis has had the best car/team/backup so it's nice that Jenson won being somewhat of an underdog.

Back
Top Bottom