Australian GP 2009 - Race 1/17 (NOT in HD BTW)

I dont think I heard Fred mentioned all morning! How the mighty have fallen! :D

Awww. One bad race doesnt ruin a reputation. Much like one good race doesnt make a reputation.

I think during the course of the season, Alonso will distinguish himself as one of the better drivers, just as he did last year.

Even in poor cars, good drivers can distinguish themselves from the rest, just as we saw Hamilton do today.

I think the Kimi incident was more worthy of punishment than Vettel's accident; it was clearly Rubens' fault, and he immediately benefitted from it. Vettel and Kubica was 50/50 and Vettel got no advantage from it.

I disagree, Rubens lost the rear end under braking over the bumps.

RK's car wasn't damaged as of result, Rubens only took the position because RK pitted for some badly needed harder tyres.

I agree with the Vettel and Kubica incident being a 50:50 though, although Vettel didn't do himself any favours by being so apologetic after the race.

I used to be a Honda fan, I drive past their HQ on the way to work too. I bought my current car (a Honda) as I was a Honda F1 fan. :rolleyes:

Plus I like to support the Brits, Lewis has had the best car/team/backup so it's nice that Jenson won being somewhat of an underdog.

I've never liked Hamilton particularly much...I don't hate him, he is alright, and I know he is a great driver, but I guess I just didn't like all the over-hype of him, although its understandable because the British didn't have a challenging driver for years before he came.

Quite like Button and Barichello, and I have already mentioned how I LOVE the design of the car and the style. Like Brawn aswell.

I am more of a Kimi fan than a Ferrari fan, as I do believe he is one of the best drivers when he gets his mind focused. You seen glimpses of it in a few races last season, when he suddenely switched on and started doing fastest laps and catching cars in front of him. It just seems that he isn't really bothered these days:(

btw, I just NEED to build a model kit of that BrawnGP car whenever it comes out!:D

Yesterday he [sunama] had a dig at me for suggesting the title might be buttons, yet today he does the same thing. :D

The difference is that today I am basing my opinion on the entire race weekend and not just on a single qualifying session (which is what you were doing).

What I also saw today was Barrichello who was all over the place, while Button seemed a lot more calmer. Before the race I felt Barrichello was more likely to score more points. However, after the race, I can see that at this point in time, Button seems more likely to score the majority of the points.

It is certainly possible for Ferrari and McLaren to catch up, however, if this happens, Button will have a (points) head-start over Massa, Kimi and Hamilton. Bearing in mind that there are only 17 races this season, this headstart might be unsurmountable as Button will be too far ahead to catch.

Imagine if Hamilton and Alonso had that level of respect in 2007, that would have created a very different 07/08 and McLaren might have had some mature development from the drivers for this season which is whay I think they're lagging behind.

But if Hamilton and Alonso got along well and were friends (like Button/Barrichello), the F1 titles would've probably been won by McLaren every year, until one of them left. F1 would've got boring, seeing McLaren dominate every year and win most races.

In saying this, I feel that Alonso's departure from McLaren robbed us all of some high level racing between himself and Hamilton.

I disagree, Rubens lost the rear end under braking over the bumps.

RK's car wasn't damaged as of result, Rubens only took the position because RK pitted for some badly needed harder tyres.

To be clear: I don't think Rubens should have been penalised; but I do think he was more worthy of punishment than Vettel.

I don't see that loosing it under braking reduces Rubens' responsibility? Driving within your capabilities and within the capabilities of the car under the track conditions is what a driver is supposed to be doing. And Rubens drove straight past Kimi once he'd shunted him out of the way (although he was considerably quicker at that point and would have probably passed anyway).

I dont know how I survived the morning without him?!?!?
I wonder if he sat at home in his house today, and actually did that just for his own benefit? :p

My housemate and I had a bit of a laugh, envisaging James Allen sat at home on his sofa, sound on mute, doing his own commentary.

Then he'd say "over to Louise Goodman", and we'd look around, and Louise would be sat next to him on the sofa giving a pitlane report...

Well done to Jensen and Rubens and Brawn GP, i'm so impressed by their performance I thought i'd show them some support in my new shamelessly stolen sig. No i'm not another glory hunter jumping on the brawn bandwagon. I've been a Jensen fan since he started, and have tried to defend him when others called him a journey man. As far as the Vettel / Kubica thing, well in my understanding the fine was for continuing with a damaged car, thats fair enough. I'm not too sure about the penalty, as Martin Brundle said, Vettel outbraked himself but Kubica could have given him more room. I'd simply chalk that up to a racing incident. They wanted people to take risks and overtake and not just settle for points, so you can't have it both ways, and it was hardly the worst move in the race, yet the only one to go punnished.

Back
Top Bottom