Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - *** WARNING: SPOILERS ***

Soldato
The Celestials are shown to having existed as are the Elders and Galactus along with the Surfer have recently been acquired so I imagine it is just a matter of time. Last week the Directors of Infinity war were expressing an interest in Secret Wars II and that is full of Abstracts.

did that deal ever go through?
i wasn't sure if it was put on hold for competition reasons.

Caporegime
OP
The Celestials are shown to having existed as are the Elders and Galactus along with the Surfer have recently been acquired so I imagine it is just a matter of time. Last week the Directors of Infinity war were expressing an interest in Secret Wars II and that is full of Abstracts.

If the Disney takeover of Fox goes through then Marvel will have control of it all.

Soldato
did that deal ever go through?
i wasn't sure if it was put on hold for competition reasons.
This is the latest:
Barring any dramatic developments — like an effort by Comcast to scuttle the deal in a renewed attempt to buy the 21st Century Fox assets itself — the Disney acquisition is expected to be completed by the middle of next year. Comcast, which bid against Disney for the assets in the fall but was spurned by the 21st Century Fox board, on Wednesday made an offer to buy Sky alone.

Soldato

None of those are Abstracts though, just the most ancient cosmic beings or entities (in the case of Galactus the lone survivor of the previous universe, given his powers by an Abstract being). They're all mortal to some extent - see Knowhere for example - although they tend to crop up in the same storylines. Off the top of my head the only ones that are Abstracts are: the LT, Infinity, Eternity, Lord Chaos, Master Order, Death, Oblivion and Love.

Soldato
None of those are Abstracts though, just the most ancient cosmic beings or entities (in the case of Galactus the lone survivor of the previous universe, given his powers by an Abstract being). They're all mortal to some extent - see Knowhere for example - although they tend to crop up in the same storylines. Off the top of my head the only ones that are Abstracts are: the LT, Infinity, Eternity, Lord Chaos, Master Order, Death, Oblivion and Love.
True. But they are as close to the abstracts as you are likely to currently get: including Thanos until he becomes one in the Infinity Siblings. The Celestials are children of Eternity and Eternity and the Living Tribunal both feature in and die in Secret wars.

Until recently it was unclear which version of secret Wars the directors were referring to. it now transpires and they were referring to the first which includes Galactus and the Beyonder.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Tony Stark and Steve Rogers never actually met in this one? By the time Cap got 'home' Ironman was already half way across the Galaxy in the spaceship?

Caporegime
Saw this again today, and I must give credit to the movie that I did not look at my watch the entire time and even the 2nd time round, the 2 hrs and 40mins flew by just like that. The pacing in this is really well done, it goes from scene to scene with just the right amount of tension and momentum even when I knew what was going on.

One thing I have to mention is how good does Thanos look, as in even though he is all CGI (motion captured), he has weight, his skin has flaws, at no point he felt like a cartoon. It's as if he is a real being.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Saw this again today, and I must give credit to the movie that I did not look at my watch the entire time and even the 2nd time round, the 2 hrs and 40mins flew by just like that. The pacing in this is really well done, it goes from scene to scene with just the right amount of tension and momentum even when I knew what was going on.

One thing I have to mention is how good does Thanos look, as in even though he is all CGI (motion captured), he has weight, his skin has flaws, at no point he felt like a cartoon. It's as if he is a real being.

Yes fully agree. He’s also got personality and I like his thinking although crazy.

Soldato
Watched this at IMAX last night. Amazing amazing film. Loved every second of it.

Rooting for Thanos all the way through as I'm sick of the amount of films being made and just want him to end it all now. Especially if there's no more Iron Man and Captain America.

Interested to see how Captain Marvel plays out though.

Thanos is up there with one of my all time favourite baddies, just losing out to Heath Ledger's Joker. 10 years he has been built up and he delivered.

Soldato
Was there any particular reason why heimdall saved hulk instead of any of the other characters?

Assuming it was for a reason rather than just randomly, perhaps has a big part to play in the next film?

Soldato
Was there any particular reason why heimdall saved hulk instead of any of the other characters?

Assuming it was for a reason rather than just randomly, perhaps has a big part to play in the next film?

yeah i was a bit confused by that - maybe he was only capable of sending one person so chose the one in most trouble.

Soldato
Hmm 5/10 (5 being average) to be honest.

Heimdal saved the hulk because the others could survive in space.
... and maybe because there will probably be a World War Hulk one day. I imagine Hulk fans must be seething at his current portrayal. Three movies now and the world's strongest Avenger has taken a beating in two movies by weaker foes.

Caporegime
Hulk won against Thor in Ragnarok?

He was never going to win against Thanos.

Disappointed there wasn't more Hulk (or rather any Hulk at all, after the opening section) but I'm guessing that setup will pay off in the next movie.

Last edited:
Soldato
Enjoyed it for the most part, long but didn't feel it. Some of the chemistry was really good and the one liners felt natural where as previous marvel films some of it felt off. Felt odd walking out of a Marvel film and it not being all wrapped up. I can see why they dropped part 1 from the title but it really is part 1 as Strange said 'we're in the end game now'

Shame we didn't get more Hulk unless we're getting it in episode 2 when we find out whey he's refusing to come out now one beat down from Thanos can't be it surely,
Is there any method as to who they picked to 'die' out of all the cast?
Must be saving Ant Man for part 2 though that film looks to be out before we get part 2,
Guessing the end credit scene with Fury is for Capt Marvel?

Back
Top Bottom