Avengers: Infinity War (2018) - *** WARNING: SPOILERS ***

Soldato
I wonder what Thano's own power is like without the power stone, does it match Hulk?

In the comics he's one of the most powerful beings alive - he's gone toe to toe with Galactus etc - and in theory nobody should be able to stop him, but he's often thwarted by his own subconscious, self-sabotaging his efforts because he doesn't truly believe he's worthy.

Soldato
Galactus could stop Thanos as he pretty much has the Power Cosmic which is like having all six infinity stones on him all the time, but as far as MCU appearances so far, Thanos can't be stopped.

Can't wait for the next part next year!

Last edited:
Soldato
Enjoyed it for the most part, long but didn't feel it. Some of the chemistry was really good and the one liners felt natural where as previous marvel films some of it felt off. Felt odd walking out of a Marvel film and it not being all wrapped up. I can see why they dropped part 1 from the title but it really is part 1 as Strange said 'we're in the end game now'

Shame we didn't get more Hulk unless we're getting it in episode 2 when we find out whey he's refusing to come out now one beat down from Thanos can't be it surely,
Is there any method as to who they picked to 'die' out of all the cast?
Must be saving Ant Man for part 2 though that film looks to be out before we get part 2,
Guessing the end credit scene with Fury is for Capt Marvel?

There's quite obviously a method to me. This film got everyone together to feature in varying degrees and 'killed' off:
- characters who have just started their MCU journey like Spidey and Black Panther who'll be in a bunch of films going forward
- actors who are doing a lot of other work at the moment like Chris Pratt

What we're left with for Avengers 4 is the OG, core group that are actors who've been committed to making Marvel films for 10+ years like Cap/Chris Evans and Iron Man/RDJ. They don't have to find a way to cram all the other characters in or have the audience wonder what they're doing because they're all dust/inside the Soul Stone at the moment, and it's probably a plot device so that they can be the ones to make the ultimate sacrifices to win and be written out of the franchise. So Avengers 4 you're guaranteed to get a lot more Hulk and Captain America by virtue of having a much reduced cast.

Ant Man 2 looks like it's set before IW. Captain Marvel (out March 2018 I think) is set in the 90s. I believe Captain Marvel will take Adam Warlock's Infinity Gauntlet role in next years film.

Soldato
I wonder what Thano's own power is like without the power stone, does it match Hulk?
surpasses the Hulk. Thanos has only lost because of his self doubt. He has defeated Gladiator, Ronin, the Silver Surfer and two other of Marvels most powerful beings at the same time without the gems. Nobody and nothing stands a chance without the help or assistance of Adam Warlock. Thanos later evolves in to one of the Universes most powerful Abstract cosmic entities by becoming Death

Last edited:
Soldato
Galactus could stop Thanos as he pretty much has the Power Cosmic which is like having all six infinity stones on him all the time, but as far as MCU appearances so far, Thanos can't be stopped.

Can't wait for the next part next year!

I don't think you realise, the Thanos with and without the Gems being shown in the movies is very much a dumbed down version.

Thanos has currently destroyed Galactus, the Hulk, the silver surfer, Odin and everybody period who was stupid enough to get in his way except Eternity and the Living Tribunal without the Gems. He has currently replaced Death becoming part of the triumvirate that powers the universe. See Thanos Wins and the Infinity Siblings. He is not happy about replacing Death because all he wanted was to sit by her side.
Without the Gems and in the past he has gone toe to toe with Odin, Tyrant and beaten the Inbetweener. I believe he also beat an infinity Gem powered Thor at one time. He cannot die without Death's consent and since he's Deaths avatar there is no chance of that since she would only bring him back not knowing he is destined to replace her.

Last edited:
Associate
Saw it last night and absolutely loved it. It goes straight to the top of the Marvel pile for me. It felt to me as if they upped their game with everything. Favourite part for me: Bucky dual wielding an assault rifle and... Rocket hahahaha.

Caporegime
Was there any particular reason why heimdall saved hulk instead of any of the other characters?

Assuming it was for a reason rather than just randomly, perhaps has a big part to play in the next film?

I read that in the comic, the silver surfer is the one to crash in and warn of the incoming of Thanos, but as they don't have the rights to him they did it like this instead.

Caporegime
Brilliant film, Spiderman is long overdue a reboot, they can do that now. Watching my sons reactions to the decisions in the film made it for me. They did a perfect job.

Everyone seemed to expect one of Cap or IM to get it, so it was surprising. I hoped IM would die, can't stand the character.

Soldato
Brilliant film, Spiderman is long overdue a reboot, they can do that now. Watching my sons reactions to the decisions in the film made it for me. They did a perfect job.

Everyone seemed to expect one of Cap or IM to get it, so it was surprising. I hoped IM would die, can't stand the character.

It's all lined up for that in Avengers 4. ;)

Also,

Soldato
I believe by association they didn't have the rights to Galactus and Eternity since it's his role that is being usurped.

I think Galactus is tied in with the Fantastic 4 rights as he was featured in the second Fantastic 4 movie. Eternity, on the other hand, is just a decision they made. Pretty sure I read an interview with Kevin Feige or someone on that ages ago.

Soldato
They don't have to find a way to cram all the other characters in or have the audience wonder what they're doing because they're all dust/inside the Soul Stone at the moment,

I wonder if that will be the mechanic used to return everyone back to life - A soul was needed to gain the stone, maybe another one is needed to "open" it and return everyone and I wonder it it would be Capt America who volunteers to sacrifice himself, seen as Evans seems to keen on leaving the MCU?

Back
Top Bottom