Bakers refuse Gay wedding cake - update: Supreme Court rules in favour of Bakers

I suggest to you sir that my use of the word Queens in a thread about Northern Irish loyalists in dispute with gays wasn't ironic.

Or, ya know, seeing as we can now see what your getting at.
And the Queens law has no president for this, its a founded on Christian law as the UK is largely seen as a Christian country.
This was Human Rights and Discrimination laws.
Whilst I was think Queen, as in a term, for Gays.

Or, ya know, seeing as we can now see what your getting at.
Whilst I was think Queen, as in a term, for Gays.

As was I that's why I picked that word them being loyalists to the Queen, Queens being slang for homosexuals as well as loyalist small business owners are meant to obey the law of the Queen it was a win win win word

NONE of that was said, nothing of the sort, at all, ever. Go find a source.
They did not say one word about it to anyone till the gay couple said they where taking them to court.

You said they never made mention of it until the hearing?? which is it......they never made mention their reasons until the hearing or until the gay couple said they ere taking them to court - you not maybe think they mentioned their reasoning to the gay couple, you know seeing as it was the grounds for them being taken to court?

Instead of just saying no we can't do that cake, don't have time etc they made a hoohah about their religious sensibilities being offended. My source......the fact they were able to be quoted on virtually every local radio station and media outlet and they were then backed up by their equally offended 'bible thumping' followers.

They chose to make their stand as they saw fit. They could have avoided all this by not getting on their religious high horse in the first instance and simply saying 'we don't have time' but that would have been the simple solution and we don't do simple in Northern Ireland. Unless it is simple minded.

You're hiding your head in the sand if you think no mention of why they wouldn't make the cake only surfaced at the hearing.

Last edited:
You said they never made mention of it until the hearing?? Instead of just saying no we can't do that cake, don't have time etc they made a hoohah about their religious sensibilities being offended. My source......the fact they were able to be quoted on virtually every local radio station and media outlet and they were then backed up by their equally offended 'bible thumping' followers.

They chose to make their stand as they saw fit. They could have avoided all this by not getting on their religious high horse in the first instance and simply saying 'we don't have time' but that would have been the simple solution and we don't do simple in Northern Ireland. Unless it is simple minded.

You're hiding your head in the sand if you think no mention of why they wouldn't make the cake only surfaced at the hearing.

Right, like the fact this happened months before it made it on the news them?
They where told to there face one to one that they would make the cake without that slogan. Like I said they have previous mot made cakes with a union jack on it etc. No one else took them to court.
So suddenly we have to lie about who we are lol.
So, like o asked, go find me the article where they went to the papers and shouted all bout the bible etc first, or when they did that at all at any time.
And of you think they honestly would have gone away if they where priced out or said they where to busy... lol, not a chance in hell.

Last edited:
As was I that's why I picked that word them being loyalists to the Queen, Queens being slang for homosexuals as well as loyalist small business owners are meant to obey the law of the Queen it was a win win win word

How are they anyway loyalist? Do you even know what that means?
You know lots of catholic churches etc have been supporting them?

Right, like the fact this happened months before it made it on the news them?
They where told to there face one to one that they would make the cake without that slogan. Like I said they have previous mot made cakes with a union jack on it etc. No one else took them to court.
So suddenly we have to lie about who we are lol.
So, like o asked, go find me the article where they went to the papers and shouted all bout the bible etc first, or when they did that at all at any time.

I've just told you when they did it......when they explained to the gay couple why they couldn't make the cake...they told them their religion didn't agree with the slogan etc etc thereby giving the couple the ammunition to take them to court and make northern Ireland further look like an inbred redneck country to outsiders. why could they not have simply said sorry we took your order in good faith but we are actually too busy to complete on time, here's your refund....boom no one is offended.....see how easy that was?????????

I've just told you when they did it......when they explained to the gay couple why they couldn't make the cake...they told them their religion didn't agree with the slogan etc etc thereby giving the couple the ammunition to take them to court and make northern Ireland further look like an inbred redneck country to outsiders. why could they not have simply said sorry we took your order in good faith but we are actually too busy to complete on time, here's your refund....boom no one is offended.....see how easy that was?????????

That not at all what you originally stated, not even close, so stop back tracking and trying to make it look like you are arguing a different point.
Anyone with half a brain would have seen through an excuse, instead of being child like they told them like adults.

How are they anyway loyalist? Do you even know what that means?
You know lots of catholic churches etc have been supporting them?

So are you saying they weren't protestant? Are you saying that loyalist is not a term given to the Protestant community?

Dude of course I know what the term means.

So are you saying they weren't protestant? Are you saying that loyalist is not a term given to the Protestant community?

Dude of course I know what the term means.

Lol, NO, being protestant has nothing to do with Loyalism lmao.
That's like saying all Protestant people are automatically in the Orange Order lol.

Instead of just saying no we can't do that cake, don't have time etc they made a hoohah about their religious sensibilities being offended. My source......the fact they were able to be quoted on virtually every local radio station and media outlet and they were then backed up by their equally offended 'bible thumping' followers.

Precisely this, once you accept the order for a cake with a slogan, which they did, you don't then phone the person the cake is for and tell them your Christian fundamentalist attitude simply won't allow you to make their 'ghey cake'. You either make the cake you agreed to and took deposit for, or you tell them you can't make it for a reason that isn't obviously discriminatory.

Idiots. Fundamentalist idiots.

Precisely this, once you accept the order for a cake with a slogan, which they did, you don't then phone the person the cake is for and tell them your Christian fundamentalist attitude simply won't allow you to make their 'ghey cake'. You either make the cake you agreed to and took deposit for, or you tell them you can't make it for a reason that isn't obviously discriminatory.

Idiots. Fundamentalist idiots.

That's not what happened though, they took the order to make a cake for them, it wasn't till they came into the shop with the slogan and image they wanted on the cake they where then told they wouldn't do it.

Lol, NO, being protestant has nothing to do with Loyalism lmao.
That's like saying all Protestant people are automatically in the Orange Order lol.

No you see in an effort to make the troubles look like they weren't simply based in religious bigotry the two sides were renamed loyalists and republicans to the rest of the world, so loyalist is protestant and republican means catholic in terms of the troubles and the North of Ireland in particular.

Back
Top Bottom