Baldur's Gate 3

Soldato
It's tricky because whilst there are several broken Moon Lanterns in the game from various sources that you can repair, I think you need to get to Moonrise Towers and Balthazar's chambers in order to do so. Other magical light sources might be able to get you there. If the game is pushing you in that direction anyway give it a try.

Also, are you 100% sure the pixie bell item isn't on a vendor somewhere, or misplaced in a bag? Everything in this game is persistent. Vendors hold onto items you sell them indefinitely.
I visited all the vendors I could get to to double check (just the 2 at the inn). There was one outside the crypt who wanted an egg but it's not letting me leave the zone. I don't recall selling it but it is possible I did it by accident I guess as it just shows as a standard white item apparently.

Soldato
I visited all the vendors I could get to to double check (just the 2 at the inn). There was one outside the crypt who wanted an egg but it's not letting me leave the zone. I don't recall selling it but it is possible I did it by accident I guess as it just shows as a standard white item apparently.
This might be helpful if you haven't tried it:

Last edited:
Soldato

Yeah, the way you get locked down by the story mechanics isn't good and goes against the whole 'play your way' ethos of the game.

Best bet is to get to Moonrise Towers as a priority. The Reddit link provided by Lee32uk explains a good way to do it. You only need to get one character there as you'll unlock a waypoint. So just choose whoever is your most mobile character, give them a light source and some buffs and do the dash to Moonrise.

At Moonrise Towers can repair a lantern in Balthazar's Chambers you then won't need to worry about the pixie buff anymore. Bear in mind that not everyone gets the pixie buff anyway, depending on plot choices some players don't even get the option. So there are other methods for getting through the darkness, such as the Moon Lantern.

Good luck!

Associate
Well that's odd. I went the route on the map and didn't take any damage. I have Selune's blessing but pretty sure that shouldn't be enough for where I am now.
If you're being railroaded towards Moonrise, then can I assume you have done the following?

Visited the Shadowfell?

If so, then that's normal, as the events after that place basically reduce the most harmful effects remaining.

Soldato
If you're being railroaded towards Moonrise, then can I assume you have done the following?

Visited the Shadowfell?

If so, then that's normal, as the events after that place basically reduce the most harmful effects remaining.
Yes I have done that although am sure I went in somewhere else after which killed me really quick with environmental damage.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes I have done that although am sure I went in somewhere else after which killed me really quick with environmental damage.
Yeah, there's the Morgue by the House of Healing that is heavily impacted by it and not removed. You will need a lantern for that bit. At least, you used to back in the first few weeks of release, I am unsure if that was changed since though.

There's no critical story elements there, but an item or two that might be useful, otherwise, if it is this area, then it's fine to skip.

Soldato
WoW sub ended so finally bought this. Currently 6 hrs in but think 90% of that has been sorting out my inventory! Enjoying it so far.

Look out for extra backpacks and pouches on your travels. These are a really good way of organising your inventory and can help with the clutter.

Also, you can use containers at your camp to offload items and supplies you don't want to carry around all the time. You can quickly pop back to camp anytime from anywhere while outside of combat, deposit / withdraw items and return to the same spot.

Soldato
Back on this after about a 2-3 week break as I built my new pc on tuesday.what a difference in performance I'm getting an extra 100fps and the load times are stupidly quick.

Haven't got very far in this, still on act 1, but boy have I missed this, what an adventure I'm on.

Soldato
First 2 chapters are good

3rd chapter is so boring

I quite the game 95 hours in
I've had a break of about 2 weeks from the game after loving Act 1 and Act 2 then getting a bit tired of it in Act 3. Need to go back and complete it.... I can't quite put my finger on what it is about Act 3 that i don't like, but I was excited to get to Baldurs Gate, but it seems a little less exciting and immersive than the amazing environments of Act 1 and Act 2 had.

Back
Top Bottom