Baldur's Gate 3

Associate
The combat only gets deeper and more involved and thus takes longer the further you get into the game. If you're still within your 2 hours and finding the combat not enjoyable at this point then my recommendation would be to refund it while you can as I dont think its going to get any better for you. I'm never one to tell people to persist with something that isnt clicking with them
Thats actually helpful thanks.

Man of Honour
Havent bought this yet but defintely intend to. Asking for a friend though who has it, can you toggle anything on where it shows the dice rolls?
You see the dice rolling on the screen but also theres a log on the right side of the screen and if you put your cursor on a line in the log it gives you a break down of the dice roll involved.

Soldato
Recorded beginning of the game, some 40 minutes on my 5800X3D and 3080Ti, 4K, DLSS quality, maxed out

The game is fun, although from the first 8 hours I do not see anything 10/10 about it yet. Just a solid RPG.

It needs work on technical front when it comes to controller support. No ability to set camera sensitivity or toggle is annoying as hell. And hotfix still did not remove the version number from gameplay, only from cutscenes, wtf. Belgians.

Soldato
You see the dice rolling on the screen but also theres a log on the right side of the screen and if you put your cursor on a line in the log it gives you a break down of the dice roll involved.
i think thats only dialoge box like persuasion rolls or skill checks though, combat is more hidden like you say.

Soldato
Does this have the same system with damage as divinity original sin 2 does where your attacks either reduces enemy magic shield or armour shield? (hated it)

Last edited:
Soldato
Does this have the same system with damage as divinity original sin 2 does where it either reduces enemy magic shield or armour shield? (hated it)

So far no, you can get some extra fake hp that acts a little like armor does, but there is just hp to deal with so far as I've played.

Base armor and things do matter more though.

Soldato
I was reading one of the forums and there was a lot of threads about how PC games have gone all woke and such crap. So I picked a coloured female lesbian paladin defender of justice and righter of social wrongs as my character. :D

Enjoying it so far but getting used to the combat nuances is going to take time. I try to take the high ground and am using hide a lot. That Gale character is terrible in combat though, he folds quicker than superman on laundry day. His name is quite apt because he falls over in a stiff wind.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was reading one of the forums and there was a lot of threads about how PC games have gone all woke and such crap. So I picked a coloured female lesbian paladin defender of justice and righter of social wrongs as my character. :D

Enjoying it so far but getting used to the combat nuances is going to take time. I try to take the high ground and am using hide a lot. That Gale character is terrible in combat though, he folds quicker than superman on laundry day. His name is quite apt because he falls over in a stiff wind.

"Coloured" - pretty sure at the moment that is racist.

Soldato
"Coloured" - pretty sure at the moment that is racist.

Strangely it seems to go either way according to the people of colour I know (who prefer the term black) when such distinctions need to be made at all.

Like many such phrases it is how it is used that makes it racist.

Associate
PS5 version comes out in a month
#shudders. With the x-com games one felt some of the complexity on pc had been stripped out for consoles (from predecessors a decade older) so I hope people can confirm this isn’t the case here. The very pc-ish d&d nerdy complexity around combat etc and having to very careful consider exactly how to approach encounters was one of the best things with bg1&2.

Last edited:
Associate
#shudders. With the x-com games one felt some of the complexity had been stripped out for consoles (from predecessors a decade older) so I hope people can confirm this isn’t the case here. The very pc-ish d&d nerdy complexity around combat etc and having to very careful consider exactly how to approach encounters was one of the best rings with bg1&2.
Will just have to wait and see. I'm playing on PC, and won't be getting it on console. I've heard DOS2 ( and 1 ) works fine on console, and with a controller, so that bodes well. But Larian did spend several years polishing those titles post release.

Soldato

From my perspective, I like giving people choice. The problem with some of the games that people call woke is that it's embedded in every aspect of the game, in an unavoidable fashion.

Give people the choices and options to play how they want and no one can complain really!

Soldato
I've only ever played DND once to see what it was like, I like the computer versions as it does all the calculations for me but real life version is not as interesting.

Does anyone who plays it know what is better out of these two armours?

Armor 1: +1 stealth

Armor 2: +1 bonus to stealth checks AND advantage on constitution saving rolls.

I assume the latter but not sure if +1 stealth all the time beats just +1 bonus to stealth checks.

Soldato
I've only ever played DND once to see what it was like, I like the computer versions as it does all the calculations for me but real life version is not as interesting.

Does anyone who plays it know what is better out of these two armours?

Armor 1: +1 stealth

Armor 2: +1 bonus to stealth checks AND advantage on constitution saving rolls.

I assume the latter but not sure if +1 stealth all the time beats just +1 bonus to stealth checks.
I would always take Advantage on anything (roll twice, take the higher result)

Caporegime
Clipboard01.jpg

Hmmm not sure if I should be an Origin character or my own Custom one! Btw I think the Jump mechanics are a bit stupid though, as every round you jump all over the damn place lol

Soldato
Does anyone know how you quickly mark an item as "add to wares" ? Rather than having to right-click on every item. I tried shift and left click but it just multi-selects items

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom