Baldur's Gate 3

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I also managed an hour last night. Got into a sticky situation which I had to save scum through but I think it's inevitable it will get worse at some point, playing character as Dirge but suppressing it and doing a good play through.

Dirge spoilers
I got to the point where I was going to kill Karlach in the camp, I failed the save the first time and the whole camp attacked me after I killed her, no way I will win that fight plus will be boring playing with the made-up characters, so I just reloaded until I got out of it. I feel something will happen later that is unavoidable, like Alfira

Thinking I might skip a bit of the optional content, I really don't like the shadow cursed lands or whatever they're called.

Where abouts is this dirge? Act 1?

Also is this shadowy cursed lands start of act 2 when you go from the underdark? Rather avoid that too if possible.

Soldato
Where abouts is this dirge? Act 1?

Also is this shadowy cursed lands start of act 2 when you go from the underdark? Rather avoid that too if possible.

Dirge is a character type from char selection :) Like an origin or whatever they call it. Not something you switch to unless you started the game with it I think.

Yes that is the one. I would recommend doing as much as you can as it's your first time, there is some pretty dark stuff going on. I just don't want to to it again noting the potential to run out of steam and Act 3 being a known slog.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Act 2 description not really a spoiler but…

Act 2 is good but is very dark and oppressive. The vibe totally shifts to dark/grim with ghouls and zombies etc. still fun though ! And isn’t optional, last light inn is cool though!

Edit. Also IIRC you cannot revisit act 2 locale so grab everything you can. Missables etc.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So, İ managed to get to level 7 now. Still in the creche. I basically killed everyone in there (need the xp ya know?) and then made what seems to be an error and mispoke and their queen god got upset and killed me! :p

I actually did not expect that at all. Did not think she had the power to do that. Now when I reload I will need to be more careful and use deception when speaking to her I guess? I mean I am not going to side with her, she seems a bit crazy.

I do wonder what Laizel will say when I eventually see her in the camp and tell her all your people in the creche are dead, woops :cry:

Soldato
W00t. Just got the Mace :D

Legendary item. First I have seen so far.

Be honest, did you figure it out by yourself or Google it?
I actually had to do both because I figured out about using the grease, but I actually hit a bug where it stopped interacting to turn the statues So I googled it thinking I had done something wrong. If I recall there was a workaround where you could just destroy the wall or something.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Be honest, did you figure it out by yourself or Google it?
I actually had to do both because I figured out about using the grease, but I actually hit a bug where it stopped interacting to turn the statues So I googled it thinking I had done something wrong. If I recall there was a workaround where you could just destroy the wall or something.

Google? Not me sir :D

What part was hard exactly? You did the 4 swords that gave you something. Let's try inserting that something in? :p

Dropping the shields were a piece of cake, I don't even think I put much thinking into that.

Now there was one more of those crystals you break that drop a shield right at the end, I broke it but it was not obvious where the room would be. I could not be asked looking for it and left. Could have looked e online but thought what's the point, how good can whatbi find really be?

Went into the astral plane, sided with the pretty lady. Came out and had to leave it to go eat while having a chat with Laezel. Let's see what comes of that as I am about to resume.

Need to see what I can do with this egg too before going to act two :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's a headgear that's perfect for a light cleric. It's 'in' the Monastry but tucked away in a corner. Possibly a fight to get it.

Lol. I just found it in my traveller's chest :cry:

Thing is I have Shadowheart wearing Warped Headband of Intellect. Makes her intelligence go from 8 to 17. Surely that is better?

Last edited:
Soldato
Google? Not me sir :D

What part was hard exactly? You did the 4 swords that gave you something. Let's try inserting that something in? :p

Dropping the shields were a piece of cake, I don't even think I put much thinking into that.

Now there was one more of those crystals you break that drop a shield right at the end, I broke it but it was not obvious where the room would be. I could not be asked looking for it and left. Could have looked e online but thought what's the point, how good can whatbi find really be?

Went into the astral plane, sided with the pretty lady. Came out and had to leave it to go eat while having a chat with Laezel. Let's see what comes of that as I am about to resume.

Need to see what I can do with this egg too before going to act two :D

None of it. I literally mean the room before you gain access to the hidden bit where the mace is at the end, the one bit you managed not to mention :cry:
Probably just misremembering it, if it wasn't for the bug Id not have got stuck the first time.
It's not really a brain taxing game as you say.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
None of it. I literally mean the room before you gain access to the hidden bit where the mace is at the end, the one bit you managed not to mention :cry:
Probably just misremembering it, if it wasn't for the bug Id not have got stuck the first time.
It's not really a brain taxing game as you say.

You mean the but with the statues that you can rotate? I just found that by mistake as I try and explore as much as I can. As soon as they started to rotate I knew it was a puzzle :D

Soldato
You mean the but with the statues that you can rotate? I just found that by mistake as I try and explore as much as I can. As soon as they started to rotate I knew it was a puzzle :D

Yeah! So I had a bug where I greased the statue (found a note making a really obvious reference to do this) but then clicking on it still didn't rotate so that's when I felt dumb and had to search for it.
I think I use Shart wrong because even with that legendary mace she hits for like 6-10, I get it's got the bonus of reviving you when you drop but still.

Soldato
Not using her wrong per se but her actions are wasted on a melee attack. Likely she has subpar STR and only 1 attack per round. Better to use spells to buff/debuff/control the battlefield. Suggestions:
  • Spiritual Weapon (Bonus Action) and Spirit Guardians
  • Bless or Bane (both concentration so pick)
  • Shield of Faith (concentration) and then Sacred Flame whilst keeping your distance
  • Heal bot (this is generally inefficient but BG3 made some changes which might be better keeping folk up)
Go forth and smite in Shar's name! :cry:

Back
Top Bottom