Baldur's Gate 3

Soldato
I haven't got to the upper city yet, please tell me that its not another open area like the lower one.
I cannot confirm or deny anything :D

Consider yourself lucky it's not the full city though :cry:

bL14Wls.jpeg

Last edited:
Caporegime
I accidentally triggered a fight with him when I was actually doing something else in that place and won it easily. So now I can't be bothered to do the Steel watch Forge.
I didn't know what it was and they one of the main quests changed because I had gone in there to early..

punishing people for exploring

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, a certain amount of railroading is very clear towards the end. Likely going into the Foundry broke any deal you might have made with Gortash...

killed a bunch of Gondian prisoners in the Iron Throne

Soldato
I had already been and rescued (a pitiful amount) which stopped the deal with Gortash, which is fine because I had no plan on how to tackle anything in particular.
Shart quest fight took only two attempts but was just annoying, not difficult. I don't see how you are supposed to deal with the darkness spell and it sucks you can't aoe into it either.

Soldato
You killed a few dozen easily including the steel guys? That did not seem easy to me.

It was different for me because when I fought him there was only one steel watcher (and a few of the scrawny things) and it was on a different floor. I suspect this is because of something I did earlier that you hadn't done.

Reactions: TNA
Soldato
I had already been and rescued (a pitiful amount) which stopped the deal with Gortash, which is fine because I had no plan on how to tackle anything in particular.
Shart quest fight took only two attempts but was just annoying, not difficult. I don't see how you are supposed to deal with the darkness spell and it sucks you can't aoe into it either.
Can't drop a fireball where you can't 'see'. You the player can see but your character can't. To counter it try the daylight spell or Devil's Sight (Eldritch Invocation) which lets you see in Magical Darkness. As for the fight?

Some of the enemies have an ability called Radiant Retort which reflects Radiant damage you deal, doubled and as Force damage meaning you can self wipe very easily.

For the record I consider this terrible game design: It's in no way hinted at (unless I'm blind?) and invalidates high level Cleric spells and the Paladins entire schtick of Divine Smite :(

Last edited:
Soldato
man the steel forge was great and so was the …
under water prison!

Sounds like you’re not enjoying it Noxia ? Just powering through ?

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
man the steel forge was great and so was the …
under water prison!

Sounds like you’re not enjoying it Noxia ? Just powering through ?

Got further than last time, it's act 3 specifically that really just doesn't work for me for whatever reason. I am just trying to reach the end but it feels a bit 'dirty' as I'm skipping so much etc.

Back
Top Bottom