Band of Brothers Rewatch

Soldato
assume this partly came up because the gang reformed Masters of the air - this friday Apple tv, was being review on r4 yesterday,
not sure Ncuti presence bodes well

From Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks, and Gary Goetzman—the producers of Band of Brothers and The Pacific. During World War II, airmen risk their lives with the

Commissario
Yeah, you're not wrong. It's decent and I enjoyed the story but BoB I feel I can watch a fair few more times before I feel exhausted with it.
I put BoB on to rewatch towards the end of last year and I only managed a couple of episodes. It’s superb TV but I think I am exhausted by it. I just had no interest any more.

Soldato
I was stuck in a hotel for 4 days a few months back (some political conflict going on in the city i was in so was told to not leave the room haha) and I powered through that and 'The Pacific' back-to-back, I'd watched them previously, both still excellent series...... If you've not seen 'Generation Kill' then I'd highly recommend that as well.
Generation Kill is just as good as BoB imo. Quite different setting and themes obviously....but will go down as a similarly powerful representation of a particular time of conflict.

Associate
assume this partly came up because the gang reformed Masters of the air - this friday Apple tv, was being review on r4 yesterday,
not sure Ncuti presence bodes well

From Steven Spielberg, Tom Hanks, and Gary Goetzman—the producers of Band of Brothers and The Pacific. During World War II, airmen risk their lives with the
A poor review here - https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/masters-of-the-air-tv-review-2024

What a shame.

Associate
Due to xmas stinking cold I smashed though BOB, Pacific and just about every other war film I could think of. BOB is in a league of its own but the Pacific is better with a re-watch, but does still lag behind a fair bit.

Soldato
but the Pacific is better with a re-watch
Yeah I thought this too. It was decent on first watch a few years back, and then I'd done some reading on Peleliu a few weeks before Christmas and watched it back again. Much better the second time around. BOB is possibly the best series ever made, but The Pacific is very good if you judge it on its own terms.

Soldato
BoB is superb, I don’t know why but I often forget about it when talk of great TV shows comes up. It’s the only series that has ever made me cry which is some going.
Going to finish pacific this week and start a re watch of BoB.

I am surprised there hasn't been a remake of it yet. I'm not bothered about remakes of TV or films but I would be somewhat triggered if Bob was re made....

Back
Top Bottom